Page 26 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I would like to say thank you for improving this app because it drastically needed it, and i feel your app is actually a little snappier so i salute you!
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Just wondering whether last.fm scrobbling is still a feature you consider. I think it wouldn't be that hard. You need:
    - configuration of you last.fm account (username + password)
    - call to a webservice with your account data and the current artist/song/album
    More info: Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online

No rush though, I live in Europe and won't have a Pre before it's available as an (unlocked) GSM version.
    No, this is still out of scope for this project.
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by donytanza View Post
    I would like to say thank you for improving this app because it drastically needed it, and i feel your app is actually a little snappier so i salute you!
    I've been trying to eliminate the slow load time, which I think is the main problem the app has in terms of speed. I created a special test build where I would start removing startup actions to see what's causing the slow load times. However, everything I've tried so far has not succeeded in speeding up the load times. This is what I've tried so far:

- Removing the initial retrieval of the song count (which queried the database for all songs)

- Removing the retrieval of random album art (displayed on the main screen near the "Shuffle All" option)

- Removing the Amazon music store loading

I can't think of what else could be causing the app to load so slowly. But I do know that the song count is directly related to the load time. On the emulator where I only have 12 songs, the app loads instantaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No, this is still out of scope for this project.
    That's too bad. That is an awesome feature. Hopefully it can be incorporated in the future.
    Follow Me On

5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    That's too bad. That is an awesome feature. Hopefully it can be incorporated in the future.
    Unfortunately I don't have the time to incorporate every single feature into the player. So I'm working on the ones that I have some personal interest in and will help me practice certain aspects of the WebOS SDK. If one day the app actually makes it into the app catalog and this project actually generated revenue for me, then I would definitely investigate some of the more popular suggestions on here.
    Dan you the man, you gonna work on a video player Remix as well?!
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Dan you the man, you gonna work on a video player Remix as well?!
    I never use the video player...so no probably not.
  8.    #508  
    Here's a quick update on the next release...

Font color customization (white/black) is fully working. For all your light-colored wallpaper fans out there, relief is coming.

I made good progress with the Flylists. A lot of it is working now. But now I'm thinking of some new ideas for it which will change the way I implemented certain aspects of it. I'll have to decide how ambitious I get with this first iteration of it.
    I'd suggest only using standard 320x480 Pre/iPhone wallpaper images. There are a ton of sites where you can find them pre-formatted to that size.
    We also have a Wallpaper Forum. In addition almost every site listed for free ringtones has 320x480 wallpaper. Maybe worth a mention in the OP?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Here's a quick update on the next release...

Font color customization (white/black) is fully working. For all your light-colored wallpaper fans out there, relief is coming.

I made good progress with the Flylists. A lot of it is working now. But now I'm thinking of some new ideas for it which will change the way I implemented certain aspects of it. I'll have to decide how ambitious I get with this first iteration of it.
    My vote would be to get us the next draft as it is and let us start playing with it. Even if you have just the basic Flylist abilities you will have Flylists.

Get fancy later.

I don't care about the font color but if you call it that you will get replies that they can't get Font Color to set to any colors, just black or white. So my thought is to either let them have a range of colors or call it Font Black/White.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 06:01 PM.
    nice avatar dan. "My name is Al B. Ssssure"
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    is the bookmark the samething as playlists
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    My vote would be to get us the next draft as it is and let us start playing with it. Even if you have just the basic Flylist abilities you will have Flylists.

Get fancy later.

I don't care about the font color but if you call it that you will get replies that they can't get Font Color to set to any colors, just black or white. So my thought is to either let them have a range of colors or call it Font Black/White.

- Craig
    I'll release it when I feel it's ready for release. I still have a few ideas I need to sort out. One of the issues I have to face is how to add a song from the "album art" view to a flylist. It's basically the same issue I face with lyrics. I've come up with a slick solution to this problem that I think people are going to like. It's definitely thinking outside of the box...but when you see it, it just seems so obvious.

The black/white radio button is labeled "Font Color" even though only 2 colors are currently available. Maybe I'll add the full spectrum later...but for now I think 2 colors are sufficient.
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    nice avatar dan. "My name is Al B. Ssssure"
    Yeah I'm a big fan of his. The pic is from his new album...his first one in about 17 years.
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    is the bookmark the samething as playlists
    They're similar but different. Bookmarks, which is implemented in the current release, are saved positions in single songs. Flylists are playlists of multiple songs that you create on the device.
    I'll release it when I feel it's ready for release...
    Dan,

My apologies. I never meant for you to release anything unless you felt it was truly ready.

- Craig
  17.    #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,

My apologies. I never meant for you to release anything unless you felt it was truly ready.

- Craig
    No apologies necessary... trust me, you don't want it in the state it's in right now.

I'm going to have to amend my previous post. That "slick solution" that I thought of is turning out to be a royal pain. So I'll have to think of a Plan B.
    Yeah I'm a big fan of his. The pic is from his new album...his first one in about 17 years.
    Shooot! You know i had to dig in the hard drive and play some "Off on your own girl" when i saw that.
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Shooot! You know i had to dig in the hard drive and play some "Off on your own girl" when i saw that.
    My personal old school favorite is him remix of "If I'm not your lover" with Slick Rick. And of course the song that started it all..."Nite and Day".
    Love the program!! Great work. Question. Once you choose a wallpaper how do you unchoose one/choose none and go back to apps default appearance