Page 24 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    This application is by far my favorite.

One suggestion, have the ability to change the Lyrics text color in the preference screen. i have a light tan picture as my background, but the lyrics show up white making it difficult to read.

Everything looks stunning besides that minor nuisance.

Thanks again for your time and work.
    It's definitely on my to-do list. However, instead of having the user choose a specific color, I may provide a simple toggle switch to choose either white or black font color. I think most people care more about customizing their backgrounds vs. their font colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's definitely on my to-do list. However, instead of having the user choose a specific color, I may provide a simple toggle switch to choose either white or black font color. I think most people care more about customizing their backgrounds vs. their font colors.
    I think the choice of white or black lyric text will get the job done just fine (I have a light background as well). Thanks for working on a great app, DanPLC!
    Thanks a lot for your support... I appreciate it!

I've submitted the app to the app catalog. I indicated in the description how the app has evolved beyond the original app and focused on its advanced features that are not included in the original app. We'll see what happens.
    Congrats! It is worth a shot. I hope they accept it. Let us know.
    Of course they will accept it, its a million times better then their version.

Going from your app to the stock player is like going from Cable to Dial Up. No comparison.

Dan kudos again, you should be working for Palm no doubt
    I really like that you are improving the original music player, I haven't tested the remix version so I really cant say anything about it.
    But the original music player doesn't handle podcasts or audiobooks very well. And there seems to be a problem that there are no good genre api to determine the type of the media file.
    On the Nan-player forum thread there are discussions of using the file path to determine the type of the file, which I think is an Ok solution if there are no other way.

So I have some suggestions for improvements:
    1 . Talk to the nan-player and the drPodder guys about how podcasts/audiobooks should be recognized, so the apps handle this in the same ways.
    2. keep audiobooks/podcasts out of shuffling.
    3. Remember the position in podcasts, audiobooks and music separate. That will enable a user to listen to an audiobook to work, listen to music at work, then continue the book on the way home.
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggen View Post
    I really like that you are improving the original music player, I haven't tested the remix version so I really cant say anything about it.
    But the original music player doesn't handle podcasts or audiobooks very well. And there seems to be a problem that there are no good genre api to determine the type of the media file.
    On the Nan-player forum thread there are discussions of using the file path to determine the type of the file, which I think is an Ok solution if there are no other way.

So I have some suggestions for improvements:
    1 . Talk to the nan-player and the drPodder guys about how podcasts/audiobooks should be recognized, so the apps handle this in the same ways.
    2. keep audiobooks/podcasts out of shuffling.
    3. Remember the position in podcasts, audiobooks and music separate. That will enable a user to listen to an audiobook to work, listen to music at work, then continue the book on the way home.
    This was discussed here, and I think that discussion prompted the one you read in the NaNPlayer discussion thread.

For now, audiobook/podcast exclusion from shuffles is a low-priority item for me, as well as separate audiobook/podcast/music automatic bookmarks. My app's main purpose is for listening to music. That may change in the future, but for right now other features are higher priority for me.

I've added bookmarks for audiobook and podcast listeners (also for music listeners). So until another app does what you'd like, at least my app can provide you manual bookmarks.
    nice app... thanks
    Dan any luck with the long track clipping? Where you able to create a large file to test with?

Let me know if you need any more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Greatest app ever!!!
    I CAN'T FIGURE HOW TO FORWARD TEXT AND PIC MESSAGES

MAYBE IM THE ***** OR DID PALM HAVE A BRAIN FART???
    Quote Originally Posted by Asenrabel@yahoo.com View Post

I CAN'T FIGURE HOW THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC

I ALSO CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW SO MANY PEOPLE ARE CLAMORING FOR THIS FEATURE???

Seriously though, I can't even count how many times I've heard it requested here. I had no idea it was so popular and so important to people to forward text messages to people. I personally have never had the desire to do that.
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    Dan any luck with the long track clipping? Where you able to create a large file to test with?

Let me know if you need any more info.
    No, there are other things I need to work on first.
  12.    #472  

You're in the wrong thread buddy.
    DanPLC

just a question out of curiousity from someone who knows nothing about writing code. About how much time does it take you to add a feature. Example, the search meter. From start to say ready for release? And how difficult are these tweaks? Like are they conceptually difficult or is it a matter of time or possibly just you making time? The process is a bit of a mystery to me so i'm curious. I kinda wish i knew how to do this stuff. actually i guess that was more then one question.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 09/06/2009 at 02:33 PM.
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    DanPLC

just a question out of curiousity from someone who knows nothing about writing code. About how much time does it take you to add a feature. Example, the search meter. From start to say ready for release? And how difficult are these tweaks? Like are they conceptually difficult or is it a matter of time or possibly just you making time? The process is a bit of a mystery to me so i'm curious. I kinda wish i knew how to do this stuff. actually i guess that was more then one question.
    It's more about finding spare time to work on it. Also I'm a Windows developer and I find that it takes me a lot longer to develop for WebOS than it is for Windows, mostly because I'm not used to web development. The big problem is that you can't compile your code so silly typos really slow you down. Also debugging is a major pain. I usually have to use Mojo.Log.info statements to debug. In Windows, you can easily set breakpoints and watches. Also what would seem like an easy task sometimes lands up being a major pain mainly due to me getting used to the SDK and development platform.
    Is there any way to make the album art smaller when a notification comes in instead of overlap things? That would probably be the best option, but not sure if it's possible. My other thought was maybe move the slider and info above the album art so the buttons cover the art instead.
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    Is there any way to make the album art smaller when a notification comes in instead of overlap things? That would probably be the best option, but not sure if it's possible. My other thought was maybe move the slider and info above the album art so the buttons cover the art instead.
    I don't think it would look good with the progress slider at the top. Eventually I'll think about a way to make this prettier...but for now I'm focusing on other features.
    It's more about finding spare time to work on it. Also I'm a Windows developer and I find that it takes me a lot longer to develop for WebOS than it is for Windows, mostly because I'm not used to web development. The big problem is that you can't compile your code so silly typos really slow you down. Also debugging is a major pain. I usually have to use Mojo.Log.info statements to debug. In Windows, you can easily set breakpoints and watches. Also what would seem like an easy task sometimes lands up being a major pain mainly due to me getting used to the SDK and development platform.
    ha ha you should see the look on my face. first, thanks for the response. second, i was with you till you said, "compile your code", and to be honest i reread it twice and on the second read through it occurred to me i didn't fully understand what you meant even before that when you said "web development." But Google is my friend. I get that web os is using HTML, JavaScript, and CSS like web sites do. Well at least that's what i read. But i had to google that other stuff like mojo.logs and breakpoints. lol. but i found the definitions. anyways thanks for the insight.
    I didn't think Palm would accept this application into the app catalog since it's based upon their built-in music app. I don't know, what do you think?
    i could see them being anal about it. I could also see them saying change the icon to avoid confusion. I hope they allow it. It's quite a bit better then their player.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Of course they will accept it, its a million times better then their version.

Going from your app to the stock player is like going from Cable to Dial Up. No comparison.

Dan kudos again, you should be working for Palm no doubt
    This is true, but this is palms app, but modified to be a million times better. So technically it would still be palms app, so they may not. I hope they do, but don't hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I CAN'T FIGURE HOW THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC

I ALSO CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW SO MANY PEOPLE ARE CLAMORING FOR THIS FEATURE???

Seriously though, I can't even count how many times I've heard it requested here. I had no idea it was so popular and so important to people to forward text messages to people. I personally have never had the desire to do that.
    I don't use it often either but their are times when it is useful to share information, this is a common features that the cheapest phone has and people should have a choice. It can be useful in business also, which they should want to please. Choices are important as it is a smart phone. But your right this is not the correct post, so I apologize for getting caught up in this too.