Page 22 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 2523
  1. #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    There is a "Colors/Images" selector at the top of the preferences screen. If a wallpaper image is set, it'll default to the "Images" selection. Just click "Colors" to bring up the color selector.
    When you switch back to colors you have to make an adjustment then it will switch back to colors.
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    When you switch back to colors you have to make an adjustment then it will switch back to colors.
    Yes that is correct.
  3. #423  
    LOVE that I can change the background! Thanks for such an awesome app I use everyday!
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Yes I am talking about the now playing view. I realize that people like the album art. I just personally think it is more important to see the text easily when in the car. So I was thinking if it would be possible to have an option to enable/disable it. I am sure that would be difficult though. But just bigger text would be nice
    I think it would be kind of a pain to remove the album art. But I will investigate ways of making the song name more visible. However, if you're listening to the song, don't you already know what song is playing just by hearing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    PS: Is this always going to be homebrew or will you eventually be able to include in app catalog? Seeing as it is REMIXED you may not have in app catalog? Just wondering as to donating or waiting for a purchase later?
    I didn't think Palm would accept this application into the app catalog since it's based upon their built-in music app. I don't know, what do you think?
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    LOVE that I can change the background! Thanks for such an awesome app I use everyday!
    You're welcome!

    Yeah I always wanted to be able to do this. I think it looks so much sharper than a plain ordinary color.
  6. #426  
    hey dan u still havent implemented the fly playlist right even though its there
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey dan u still havent implemented the fly playlist right even though its there
    He already said it was just a preview. It's not implemented yet.
  8. #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    He already said it was just a preview. It's not implemented yet.
    oh ok perfect thanks trickerz
  9. #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are you talking about the "now playing" view, or when viewing a list of songs? I wouldn't want to remove it from the "now playing" view...I think most people do like album art there. But I can investigate ways to make the fonts larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think it would be kind of a pain to remove the album art. But I will investigate ways of making the song name more visible. However, if you're listening to the song, don't you already know what song is playing just by hearing it?



    I didn't think Palm would accept this application into the app catalog since it's based upon their built-in music app. I don't know, what do you think?
    I figured it would be a pain to have and option to turn album art on/off. That's ok. Yes I generally know the artist but tend to forget the album or song title. I like music, but for some reason song titles album titles do not stay in my head. So anyhow not an important feature. I think where I really need this option is on Pandora as it plays a lot of songs I don't know.

    I doubt Palm would let you sell the app as it is theirs. But maybe you could sell it a different application that "enables" and "disables" these features in Palms current application. That way you would not copying their code, but selling a features to add to there code. Does that make since? Still not sure if they would do it though.

    I will go ahead and give a donation in the meantime...
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I figured it would be a pain to have and option to turn album art on/off. That's ok. Yes I generally know the artist but tend to forget the album or song title. I like music, but for some reason song titles album titles do not stay in my head. So anyhow not an important feature. I think where I really need this option is on Pandora as it plays a lot of songs I don't know.

    I doubt Palm would let you sell the app as it is theirs. But maybe you could sell it a different application that "enables" and "disables" these features in Palms current application. That way you would not copying their code, but selling a features to add to there code. Does that make since? Still not sure if they would do it though.

    I will go ahead and give a donation in the meantime...
    I'm sure there must be some way to increase the size of the song name.

    There's no way to patch the original player without modifing its source files, so I can't imagine it'll ever get in the app catalog.

    It would be nice if they included the enhancements in one of their updates though...that way all Pre owners could enjoy them.
  11. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're welcome!

    Yeah I always wanted to be able to do this. I think it looks so much sharper than a plain ordinary color.
    It was a great touch!
  12. #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sure there must be some way to increase the size of the song name.

    There's no way to patch the original player without modifing its source files, so I can't imagine it'll ever get in the app catalog.

    It would be nice if they included the enhancements in one of their updates though...that way all Pre owners could enjoy them.
    So are you saying this app wont make it into the App store in its current state, or only if you changed source files?
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    So are you saying this app wont make it into the App store in its current state, or only if you changed source files?
    I would love to have it in the app store, but since it's derived from the built-in app, I didn't think that would be possible.
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sure there must be some way to increase the size of the song name.

    There's no way to patch the original player without modifing its source files, so I can't imagine it'll ever get in the app catalog.

    It would be nice if they included the enhancements in one of their updates though...that way all Pre owners could enjoy them.
    I did not know if it was possible to modify the source files or not... I have know idea if they would let you include the REMIXED app in the app catalog. It seems unlikely though. It would be nice if they did make the modifications themselves though, as they are such good mods and make so much since. Maybe they would even give you credit. In the mean time I will diffidently donate... You deserve it. I am using it everyday on way to work.
  15. sandrshe's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #435  
    Is there a way to remove the stock music app and replace with this one? my pre is rooted already, can i just copy the remix app over the existing one somehow?
  16. #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll think about these fixes/enhancements, but again since I don't listen to longer tracks, it's not going to be high on my priority list. My list already is pretty packed right now.
    It doesn't have to be a very long track, it happens just with fast forwarding. Here's an sample audio download from the Economist, just over 8 minutes long:

    http://downloads.economist.feedroom....17884d2d146f6f

    Play it on the PC, listen to the last senence. Then play it on the Pre and fast forward to the end and listen. The last few words will be chopped off.

    As I also wrote on Palm's forum, this really kills podcasts on the Pre. It's like getting to the end of a book and the last page was ripped out.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrshe View Post
    Is there a way to remove the stock music app and replace with this one? my pre is rooted already, can i just copy the remix app over the existing one somehow?
    I'm sure you can replace the existing source files if you have root access, but they would be overwritten if Palm updated thw original app, which may produce unexpected results. So I wouldn't recommend it.

    What I did was move the old icon to the bottom of one of the launcher pages where it's out of sight.
  18.    #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I did not know if it was possible to modify the source files or not... I have know idea if they would let you include the REMIXED app in the app catalog. It seems unlikely though. It would be nice if they did make the modifications themselves though, as they are such good mods and make so much since. Maybe they would even give you credit. In the mean time I will diffidently donate... You deserve it. I am using it everyday on way to work.
    Thanks a lot!
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    It doesn't have to be a very long track, it happens just with fast forwarding. Here's an sample audio download from the Economist, just over 8 minutes long:

    [url]

    Play it on the PC, listen to the last senence. Then play it on the Pre and fast forward to the end and listen. The last few words will be chopped off.

    As I also wrote on Palm's forum, this really kills podcasts on the Pre. It's like getting to the end of a book and the last page was ripped out.
    I'll see if I can find the source of the bug.
  20. #440  
    I love the lyrics support, but I would like to see it as a visible button instead of in the drop down menu. Not a big deal though. Great work on this, its amazing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions