Page 21 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 2523
  1. #401  
    Love this app, worlds better then the stock player and whole universe of difference from my ole HTC win-mo junk brick. Is there a way to not include the podcasts I get through the drPodder app I have? Love both programs but don't like having my podcasts mixed in with my music...
  2. #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Does it skip to the next track, or does it just stop playback and stay on the current track's album art? If it stays on the current track, does it reset the elapsed time to 00:00:00 or does the time stay frozen at the current elapsed time.

    What happens if you use the progress slider to go to the end of the track. Will it play the track past that cutoff limit if you force the slider there?

    I don't have any multi-hour tracks to test this with, so it's going to be a bit hard for me to troubleshoot this one myself.
    I only have one track available at a time because I sort by albums. The track is 5:12:15 long. If I use either the slider or hold in the ffwd button to get to the end of the track the timer is correct for length but not in its actual position. If that makes any sense. The timer reads 5:12:10, & there should only be 5 seconds left in the track, but through investigating there is actually over 3 minutes left.
    The same thing happens if it just naturally plays to that point.
    The timer resets to 0's.
    It is difficult to use the slider to force to the end because it keeps making bookmarks. A suggestion I have would be to make the bookmarking with the slider button only available when the track is paused.

    Also a second request for the jump ahead button. It is a great feature that audio book people would get a lot of use from (also podcast people). I know you don't listen to these things but it would be a great feature to add to make remix the most versitile player around. I'm not a programmer but I have some ideas if you are interested.

    Thanks for all of your hard work!

    If you have any more questions let me know.
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Dan this release is awesome! Background image & lyrics are already my two new favorite features... I already know what my new new favorite feature is going to be with the next release lol. Flylist!!! this is amazing. thank you!

    A couple of things that I think would help readability, now with the introduction of images, would be the ability to pick a color for the text:

    main text color (currently it's white and so only works on darker-colored backgrounds)
    secondary text color (currently it's a light gray and doesn't work at all on medium-colored backgrounds)

    The lyrics feature is great to have. It would be even more awesome if, when viewing lyrics a couple of things happened:

    the same controls (repeat - rewind - pause - fast forward - repeat) were available
    if a new song comes on, the the lyrics would just update. essentially, the lyrics mode would be just another "view" like the album art or the list view.
    I agree with all the points you made. I was planning on implementing all those enhancements.
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    I only have one track available at a time because I sort by albums. The track is 5:12:15 long. If I use either the slider or hold in the ffwd button to get to the end of the track the timer is correct for length but not in its actual position. If that makes any sense. The timer reads 5:12:10, & there should only be 5 seconds left in the track, but through investigating there is actually over 3 minutes left.
    The same thing happens if it just naturally plays to that point.
    The timer resets to 0's.
    It is difficult to use the slider to force to the end because it keeps making bookmarks. A suggestion I have would be to make the bookmarking with the slider button only available when the track is paused.

    Also a second request for the jump ahead button. It is a great feature that audio book people would get a lot of use from (also podcast people). I know you don't listen to these things but it would be a great feature to add to make remix the most versitile player around. I'm not a programmer but I have some ideas if you are interested.

    Thanks for all of your hard work!

    If you have any more questions let me know.
    It's going to be hard to troubleshoot the "long track" problem since I don't have any. So I'm not sure what to do about that one.

    I thought about only having bookmarking enabled when the music is paused, but this would require an extra step for the user. I wanted bookmarking to be quick and easy. When manipulating the progress slider, you just have to be careful not to hold your finger/thumb in one position for too long or it'll save a bookmark.

    Doesn't holding the "previous" and "next" buttons provide the jump-ahead functionality you're looking for? Or are you thinking of something else?
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/05/2009 at 09:09 AM.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHydrogen View Post
    Love this app, worlds better then the stock player and whole universe of difference from my ole HTC win-mo junk brick. Is there a way to not include the podcasts I get through the drPodder app I have? Love both programs but don't like having my podcasts mixed in with my music...
    Someone asked about this a little while ago. This is not a straightforward change and would be kinda messy to implement. I'd rather work on other features then try to implement this type of thing considering I don't even listen to podcasts.
  6. #406  
    EDIT: sorry i misread the issue. what i'm describing below is not related to the long track issue quoted here, but something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's going to be hard to troubleshoot the "long track" problem since I don't have any. So I'm not sure what to do about that one.

    I thought about only having bookmarking enabled when the music is paused, but this would require an extra step for the user. I wanted bookmarking to be quick and easy.

    Doesn't holding the "previous" and "next" buttons provide the jump-ahead functionality you're looking for? Or are you thinking of something else?
    i think i might be able to provide more colors to this issue. i've been using the music player with the palm headset a lot, and i've noticed that sometimes the player will be stuck on a song and will not play. i'd either have to skip to the next song to get the player going again, or quit and relaunch.

    from my unscientific observations, it seems like the headset and/or fast forwarding too much is causing this issue. it feels like the app might have X number of songs queued up, but then i fast foward X+1 number of songs and now it doesn't know what to do.

    hope that helps you identify the problem.
  7. #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I agree with all the points you made. I was planning on implementing all those enhancements.
    sweet! you've just made my day
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's going to be hard to troubleshoot the "long track" problem since I don't have any. So I'm not sure what to do about that one.

    I thought about only having bookmarking enabled when the music is paused, but this would require an extra step for the user. I wanted bookmarking to be quick and easy.

    Doesn't holding the "previous" and "next" buttons provide the jump-ahead functionality you're looking for? Or are you thinking of something else?
    If you have an mp3 editing software you could append several songs together to make it a long track to try out. If you don't you could just zip several tracks together in one zip file then rename the .zip to .mp3. That is an old work around and doesn't always work the way you want it to but for testing purposes it should work fine.

    The problem with holding the previous next buttons is that the longer you hold them the faster and farther it jumps. The longer the track the more difficult it gets to do fine adjustments (5 hour track move ahead 5 minutes). My idea was to place a button above the slider one at each end. Using the preferences menu a user could set the value of each button (I.e. Jump ahead 5min and the back button to 15 seconds) Then when a user gets to a boring part of a podcast or a commercial if can be skipped over with a click of a button (kind of like tivo).
  9. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #409  
    Any way to have options to remove Amazon? For me this is a really slow part sometimes while it goes out to the network to see if Amazon is available.

    Also, what about an option to remove album art in the lists as this really slows down the app scrolling.
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Any way to have options to remove Amazon? For me this is a really slow part sometimes while it goes out to the network to see if Amazon is available.

    Also, what about an option to remove album art in the lists as this really slows down the app scrolling.
    I have it on my list to try to speed up the loading of the app. Those are definitely things I'll be trying out to see if they speed it up.
  11.    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    If you have an mp3 editing software you could append several songs together to make it a long track to try out. If you don't you could just zip several tracks together in one zip file then rename the .zip to .mp3. That is an old work around and doesn't always work the way you want it to but for testing purposes it should work fine.

    The problem with holding the previous next buttons is that the longer you hold them the faster and farther it jumps. The longer the track the more difficult it gets to do fine adjustments (5 hour track move ahead 5 minutes). My idea was to place a button above the slider one at each end. Using the preferences menu a user could set the value of each button (I.e. Jump ahead 5min and the back button to 15 seconds) Then when a user gets to a boring part of a podcast or a commercial if can be skipped over with a click of a button (kind of like tivo).
    I'll think about these fixes/enhancements, but again since I don't listen to longer tracks, it's not going to be high on my priority list. My list already is pretty packed right now.
  12. #412  
    Note to Palm: One guy working alone went up against your company of 939 people. In less than a month he fixed your 2004 version Music Player and brought it into 2009. Hire him.

    Dan,

    You are my hero!

    I had requested that Dan add a Donate Button in the opening post of this thread.

    I donated $10 because Music Player (Remix) is worth every penny. Remix is what the Palm Pre Music Player should have been.

    Once you get Flylists, you will have solved almost every major problem with the Music Player!

    In Song view, I love having the Artist and Album names listed!

    I love the Lyrics! Is it possible that when they are displayed, the lyrics background opacity be less than 100% so that you can still see the outline of the album art? That is how the iPhone and iTouch do it and I really like it.

    I also like the suggestions for lyrics for:
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    the same controls (repeat - rewind - pause - fast forward - repeat) were available
    if a new song comes on, the the lyrics would just update. essentially, the lyrics mode would be just another "view" like the album art or the list view.
    Also, if you click edit when you have no Internet coverage, you get an internal error message. Maybe intercept that error and say:
    "Internet Access is Not Available."

    Also, Flylist is showing up twice on my main screen.

    I am actually more excited about the option to "Resume Playing". Could that be the first option in the main screen?
  13. #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Any way to have options to remove Amazon? For me this is a really slow part sometimes while it goes out to the network to see if Amazon is available.

    Also, what about an option to remove album art in the lists as this really slows down the app scrolling.
    I would like this as a Preference as well but am not sure if it violates Palm's Amazon contract. I am sure that the default still has to be to include Amazon.

    - Craig
  14. #414  
    I continue to love this REMIX more and more. Thanks. I do have one request/question. It there a way to remove the album art and opt for bigger text for album/artist/song title? I have noticed while playing in a car and I want to look at the title and it is very hard to see (and keep eyes on road). So bigger text would be awesome and for me personally album art is useless. I realize you have some options implemented through the album art such as pulling up other songs by that artist so this may be difficult to do, but thought I would mention it. Thanks again!
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I continue to love this REMIX more and more. Thanks. I do have one request/question. It there a way to remove the album art and opt for bigger text for album/artist/song title? I have noticed while playing in a car and I want to look at the title and it is very hard to see (and keep eyes on road). So bigger text would be awesome and for me personally album art is useless. I realize you have some options implemented through the album art such as pulling up other songs by that artist so this may be difficult to do, but thought I would mention it. Thanks again!
    Are you talking about the "now playing" view, or when viewing a list of songs? I wouldn't want to remove it from the "now playing" view...I think most people do like album art there. But I can investigate ways to make the fonts larger.
  16. #416  
    Once you set a wallpaper how do you switch back to colors?
  17.    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Note to Palm: One guy working alone went up against your company of 939 people. In less than a month he fixed your 2004 version Music Player and brought it into 2009. Hire him.

    Dan,

    You are my hero!

    I had requested that Dan add a Donate Button in the opening post of this thread.

    I donated $10 because Music Player (Remix) is worth every penny. Remix is what the Palm Pre Music Player should have been.

    Once you get Flylists, you will have solved almost every major problem with the Music Player!

    In Song view, I love having the Artist and Album names listed!

    I love the Lyrics! Is it possible that when they are displayed, the lyrics background opacity be less than 100% so that you can still see the outline of the album art? That is how the iPhone and iTouch do it and I really like it.

    I also like the suggestions for lyrics for: Also, if you click edit when you have no Internet coverage, you get an internal error message. Maybe intercept that error and say:
    "Internet Access is Not Available."

    Also, Flylist is showing up twice on my main screen.

    I am actually more excited about the option to "Resume Playing". Could that be the first option in the main screen?
    The lyrics screen is a different scene, so I don't think it's possible to view the "album art" view since I believe each scene re-writes the DOM when it's loaded. But I was going to investigate adding a small album art display on the lyrics screen.

    "Flylists" should only be showing up once. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the "Playlists" selection?

    The "Resume Playing" option will be automatic. When you load the app, it'll load the same song you were playing at the same position. It won't even go to the main menu screen.
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    Once you set a wallpaper how do you switch back to colors?
    There is a "Colors/Images" selector at the top of the preferences screen. If a wallpaper image is set, it'll default to the "Images" selection. Just click "Colors" to bring up the color selector.
  19.    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I would like this as a Preference as well but am not sure if it violates Palm's Amazon contract. I am sure that the default still has to be to include Amazon.

    - Craig
    If removing Amazon from the app speeds it up, then I'll do it. I don't think it's crucial to have Amazon integrated into the app if it's causing the speed issues. It won't violate Palm's contract with Amazon because the original Music Player is still installed on the device. This is a separate app.
  20. #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are you talking about the "now playing" view, or when viewing a list of songs? I wouldn't want to remove it from the "now playing" view...I think most people do like album art there. But I can investigate ways to make the fonts larger.
    Yes I am talking about the now playing view. I realize that people like the album art. I just personally think it is more important to see the text easily when in the car. So I was thinking if it would be possible to have an option to enable/disable it. I am sure that would be difficult though. But just bigger text would be nice

    PS: Is this always going to be homebrew or will you eventually be able to include in app catalog? Seeing as it is REMIXED you may not have in app catalog? Just wondering as to donating or waiting for a purchase later?
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 09/05/2009 at 11:19 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions