Page 20 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
    Bookmarking makes this awesome!!!
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,
    Could Lyrics and Artist buttons be on the now playing screen like the iPhone?

Putting Lyrics and Artist in the menu is fine too.

By the way, I did that mock-up two months ago. I am fine with the slider bar above the play button as you have done it.
    When I added lyrics, I thought about your mock-up actually. However, I decided against adding a button on the titlebar. The reason being is that currently, to switch between "album art" and "playlist" view, you just have to click anywhere in the titlebar. If I add "lyrics" as a third option, it would make this functionality more awkward. Now I would have to click 3 times to switch between one of the alternate views and "album art" view.

So I've added it to the menu. I think it actually fits perfectly there along with the YouTube, Wikipedia, and Amazon links.

The Lyrics made me realize that I want to donate to you!

Could you add a donate button so that I can?
    Done! I've added the donation link to the first post in the thread, as well as on the homebrew page. I wasn't going to add one unless someone requested it. But since you have, then sure why not?
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/03/2009 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    When I added lyrics, I thought about your mock-up actually. However, I decided against adding a button on the titlebar...

Done! I've added the donation link to the first post in the thread, as well as on the homebrew page. I wasn't going to add one unless someone requested it. But since you have, then sure why not?
    Having Lyrics on the menu is fine. I understand your reasoning.

I did just donate to you! Thanks for putting the Donate button on the opening screen.

How soon until the next release with those Lyrics?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Can you tie the bookmark with a playlist?

When I click on the bookmark, it looks like the correct song is playing, but it looks like it's now in the All songs playlist.

For example, I have a playlist of one set of podcasts. I would like to create a bookmark and then be able to restart playing using the bookmark with that particular playlist.

Does that make sense?
  5.    #385  
    Having Lyrics on the menu is fine. I understand your reasoning.

I did just donate to you! Thanks for putting the Donate button on the opening screen.

How soon until the next release with those Lyrics?
    Thanks for the donation.

The lyrics feature will be part of the on-the-fly playlist release. I hope to work on it tonight and some this weekend. I'll know more after this weekend.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    Can you tie the bookmark with a playlist?

When I click on the bookmark, it looks like the correct song is playing, but it looks like it's now in the All songs playlist.

For example, I have a playlist of one set of podcasts. I would like to create a bookmark and then be able to restart playing using the bookmark with that particular playlist.

Does that make sense?
    You're correct, when you select a bookmark, it'll load that song at the saved time into a new "shuffle all" playlist. The current "bookmarks" are meant to be saved positions in single tracks, not playlists.

I can investigate the possibility of being able to reload the playlist that a bookmark was saved in.
    Dan,
    Is it possible to have the artist/song info appear like a scrolling ticker for the currently playing track in the Now Playing screen? Usually the names are too long and get cut off. It would even be cool to have this ticker appear on the minimized view when the screen is off/locked. You can already see the artist/song in this view but again its cut off.
    Or maybe you could give us an option to reduce the font size throughout the app?
    Nevertheless I love the app!
    Thanks
    thank you for the reply
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Dan,
    Is it possible to have the artist/song info appear like a scrolling ticker for the currently playing track in the Now Playing screen? Usually the names are too long and get cut off. It would even be cool to have this ticker appear on the minimized view when the screen is off/locked. You can already see the artist/song in this view but again its cut off.
    Or maybe you could give us an option to reduce the font size throughout the app?
    Nevertheless I love the app!
    Thanks
    I actually already have this on my to-do list. My Zen MP3 player scrolls longer names...it's a nice feature.
    I have found that in both the original player and remix that when playing long files the end of the track gets cut off.
    As I have stated previously, in other posts, I listen to tracks around 5 hours in length. Both players are cutting a couple of minutes of the end. It veries each time by a few seconds, but it is cutting the end.

Maybe this is something you can fix.
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    I have found that in both the original player and remix that when playing long files the end of the track gets cut off.
    As I have stated previously, in other posts, I listen to tracks around 5 hours in length. Both players are cutting a couple of minutes of the end. It veries each time by a few seconds, but it is cutting the end.

Maybe this is something you can fix.
    Does it skip to the next track, or does it just stop playback and stay on the current track's album art? If it stays on the current track, does it reset the elapsed time to 00:00:00 or does the time stay frozen at the current elapsed time.

What happens if you use the progress slider to go to the end of the track. Will it play the track past that cutoff limit if you force the slider there?

I don't have any multi-hour tracks to test this with, so it's going to be a bit hard for me to troubleshoot this one myself.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i'm having a problem where the title/artist/progressbar etc. slowly scrolls up the screen until it's gone leaving out the top of the screen. It seems to happen when i switch between list view and back alot.
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    i'm having a problem where the title/artist/progressbar etc. slowly scrolls up the screen until it's gone leaving out the top of the screen. It seems to happen when i switch between list view and back alot.
    Yes...this is a known issue that has been discussed very recently in this thread. As I mentioned before...the issue is already fixed in the next release.
  14.    #394  
    Version 0.8.0 has been released!

Here are the included features:

- Lyric lookup added (courtesy of LyricWiki) - Select the "View Lyrics" menu option. While in "Lyric" view, tap anywhere on the screen to pause/play the current track.

- Add the ability to customize the app's background with images stored on the device. Go to the "Preferences" menu to check it out.

- Fixed bug where progress slider, song & artist info, and time indicators would move up after scrolling through songs in playlist view.

- Cleanup the display of information on the Bookmarks screen. If song titles are too long, truncate them.

- When viewing a list of songs (all songs, album songs, etc.), display the artist and album underneath each song.

- Fixed bug where the titlebar on the "now playing" screen may not switch between the album art and playlist views.

- When an error is generated in the ABC search indexing routine, skip over the current song and proceed with the next song. Hopefully this will allow people to use the ABC selector if one of their songs produces an error.

- On-the-fly playlists are not quite ready... But you get a little preview in this release. You may notice a new selection on the main screen called "Flylists". With the current release you can add or delete flylists, but you can't add any songs to them. Like I said...just a small sneak preview...
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Does it skip to the next track, or does it just stop playback and stay on the current track's album art? If it stays on the current track, does it reset the elapsed time to 00:00:00 or does the time stay frozen at the current elapsed time.

What happens if you use the progress slider to go to the end of the track. Will it play the track past that cutoff limit if you force the slider there?

I don't have any multi-hour tracks to test this with, so it's going to be a bit hard for me to troubleshoot this one myself.
    I also listen to most tracks over 20min all the way up to an 8 hour one. I also have had trouble (in both your's and Palms) where it cuts to the next track way too early.

It doesn't hang, stop, pause or anything. It just skips onto the next.

This could be a far-fetched but I thought I read in the web-os development forums (awhile back mind you) that the clock on the pre is just a little off and this is where all this is based on.

Regarding a new question, and it may have been talked about before but now with 0.8.0, I CAN'T fast forward, it only skips 2 seconds. And then it goes back to where you actually started FFing. So lets say I am at 1:52:16 I skip to 1:52:18 it starts playing at the :16 point and I could be out to :32 and it would still start at :16. I don't exactly know where the cut off is to where it will start the actual correct time and place.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Just installed this for the first time and HOLY CRAP. This player destroys the iPod music player. Love love love all the searching features and the lyrics on demand. Amazing job here, Palm needs to just go ahead and hire you to show them how it's done.

I know that in Music app fast forwarding through a track chops of the last few seconds. The timeline counter gets a bit ahead of the actual track and terminates it prematurely. It's definitely one of the most annoying bugs in Music app, especially with spoken word tracks.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  18.    #398  
    Version 0.8.1 released

- Fixed a bug where the back/forward seek buttons did not work. This should fix the issue that Webby_s encountered. The bug was a result of a typo in this routine. I renamed a variable in 0.8.0 and never renamed it in this routine.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Just installed this for the first time and HOLY CRAP. This player destroys the iPod music player. Love love love all the searching features and the lyrics on demand. Amazing job here, Palm needs to just go ahead and hire you to show them how it's done.
    Thanks for the compliments...I'm glad you're enjoying the new player.
    Dan this release is awesome! Background image & lyrics are already my two new favorite features... I already know what my new new favorite feature is going to be with the next release lol. Flylist!!! this is amazing. thank you!

A couple of things that I think would help readability, now with the introduction of images, would be the ability to pick a color for the text:

• main text color (currently it's white and so only works on darker-colored backgrounds)
    • secondary text color (currently it's a light gray and doesn't work at all on medium-colored backgrounds)

The lyrics feature is great to have. It would be even more awesome if, when viewing lyrics a couple of things happened:

• the same controls (repeat - rewind - pause - fast forward - repeat) were available
    • if a new song comes on, the the lyrics would just update. essentially, the lyrics mode would be just another "view" like the album art or the list view.