Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    TO save yourself constantly answering the questions, could you have a list of requested features in the opening post and their status? Maybe something like this:
    -------------
    Possible New Features
    - Playlist: Build a Playlist on the fly while in the music player

Features To Consider Later
    - Lyrics: Button to search LyricWiki with artists and song name

Long-Range - Difficult, Limited Interest, May not be Possible Now
    -Lyrics from mp3 file: SDK does not allow pulling lyrics from the mp3
    -------------

That way instead of answering the same questions at least once every page, you could have them in the OP?
    I'll modify the "Future Enhancements" section in the first post to include on-the-fly playlists.

This is a long thread and I understand that there may be some duplicate requests, but when the same question was asked on the same or previous thread page, I think that's a bit silly.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/02/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    "Shouldn't" is the key word here. Something is affecting it. Do you know how I could assign these Japanese characters to one of my ID3 tags so I can test this?
    Several music player apps like mediamonkey or iTunes should be able to change song names to characters in other languages. And the Pre does natively support the text(all Japanese characters display correctly no boxes or gunk like F%/g&%)

Some song names. of varying symbols
    Code:
    アシタハレルヤ♪
    イキカタ
    七色の記憶
    Actually I noticed this song starts with an odd character and the Pre interprets it as a box and not the actual character it's at the bottom of my list, I renamed it to just Wanna be your idol, however it had no affect to the issue at hand.
    Code:
    Wanna be your idol
    I'll modify the "Future Enhancements" section in the first post to include on-the-fly playlists.

This is a long thread and I understand that there may be some duplicate requests, but when the same question was asked on the same or previous thread page, I think that's a bit silly.
    Thanks.

I do agree that people should look first but they just never do. For that reason I think it is just as important to list the features that at this time you just can't do. It will cut down on some of the redundancy. Well, a little.

Again, you are just doing a great job. I can't wait to see what you do next!

- Craig
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Several music player apps like mediamonkey or iTunes should be able to change song names to characters in other languages. And the Pre does natively support the text(all Japanese characters display correctly no boxes or gunk like F%/g&%)

Some song names. of varying symbols
    Code:
    アシタハレルヤ♪
    イキカタ
    七色の記憶
    Thanks... I'll see if these types of characters cause an issue in the search routine.
    Thanks... I'll see if these types of characters cause an issue in the search routine.
    Thanks, if these don't cause issues. I will try wiping all Japanese songs and try loading them in one by one.
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Thanks.

I do agree that people should look first but they just never do. For that reason I think it is just as important to list the features that at this time you just can't do. It will cut down on some of the redundancy. Well, a little.

Again, you are just doing a great job. I can't wait to see what you do next!
    I could include an "out of scope" section, but I fear the list would be too long, because really most other features are going to be out of scope.

I really like your idea concerning the Lyrics Wiki. I wasn't even familiar with that site. They have an API; however, I tried searching for a few songs with it and it returned an error indicating that some of the major labels are not allowing searches with the API. So I think I'd have to pull the data via their normal HTML site. I'll look into it and see if it's feasible. I know I'd love to have the lyrics available at my finger tips.
    I searched a few pages and couldn't find any posts on this, sorry if it's been covered already.

When I run the Wikipedia search for an artist it defaults to the regular site instead of the mobile one. I imagine it'd be easy enough to fix, and after gettin used to the mobile site the normal one is an eyesore.

Thanks in advance... Love the app!
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    I searched a few pages and couldn't find any posts on this, sorry if it's been covered already.

When I run the Wikipedia search for an artist it defaults to the regular site instead of the mobile one. I imagine it'd be easy enough to fix, and after gettin used to the mobile site the normal one is an eyesore.

Thanks in advance... Love the app!
    No one has mentioned this. I tested this when I first implemented this feature and the Wiki Mobile site has always loaded for me (I also prefer it). All the code is doing is launching the browser service with the wikipedia URL. Wikipedia has been set up to load pages in mobile mode by default.

When you search for something in Wikipedia using universal search, does it load the regular site or the mobile one? For me, it loads the mobile site.
    Hi,
    I'd like to humbly request a feature. I listen to many audio books and it would be such a help if variable play speeds were built in....

thanks for listening
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Negima View Post
    Hi,
    I'd like to humbly request a feature. I listen to many audio books and it would be such a help if variable play speeds were built in....

thanks for listening
    I haven't seen anything in the SDK that would support multi-speed playback.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just wish it were faster. But the stock player is slow too, so I'm grateful for the enhancements over it. Keep up the good work
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    I just wish it were faster. But the stock player is slow too, so I'm grateful for the enhancements over it. Keep up the good work
    I was thinking about that too... I'm going to try to find out why the app is so slow, especially when starting up.
    I don't know much about coding and stuff, but the app could be trying to search and account for all songs at once.. Maybe there can be a shortcut or take out the need for the app to do that.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    I don't know much about coding and stuff, but the app could be trying to search and account for all songs at once.. Maybe there can be a shortcut or take out the need for the app to do that.
    I'm sure you're right. I would be happy just to have the app startup instantly without any delay. I'll definitely work on this.
    Can you get Music Player Remix to ignore podcasts? drnull said this is possible.(well at least podcasts his app downloads) Here's a quote from him in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Just wanted to chime in here to say that while I can't (to my knowledge) set the genre, everything I download goes to /media/internal/PrePod (maybe /media/internal/drPodder at some point) so the files could be filtered based on that.
    Later saying that an app "has access to the full filename, so there could theoretically be a way to specify a list of directories that would be ignored in preferences."
  16.    #376  
    Can you get Music Player Remix to ignore podcasts? drnull said this is possible.(well at least podcasts his app downloads) Here's a quote from him in another thread.

Later saying that an app "has access to the full filename, so there could theoretically be a way to specify a list of directories that would be ignored in preferences."
    He's correct that the app does have access to the song's full file path. However I'm not going to have time to work on this particular feature. I don't listen to podcasts at all, so this would be very low on my priority list. Since this is a personal education project and not an app that I charge for, I'm going to tend to be picky about the features I choose to work on. Sorry!

After the next release, I'm not sure how many more new features will be added, unless someone comes up with an idea that seems really cool. I want to start focusing on my next, made-from-scratch project.

Speaking of the next release, in addition to various bug fixes, the two big new features will be on-the-fly playlists and lyric support (via LyricWiki). I have lyrics working now...it's very cool actually, although not every song is listed on this wiki site.

Also I tried out the Japanese characters you mentioned in your other post. None of them caused the ABC function to fail. Even though I don't know what's causing your particular issue, I think I have a way to prevent these types of errors from completely killing the ABC function. I hope to have this fix in the next release as well.
    He's correct that the app does have access to the song's full file path. However I'm not going to have time to work on this particular feature. I don't listen to podcasts at all, so this would be very low on my priority list. Since this is a personal education project and not an app that I charge for, I'm going to tend to be picky about the features I choose to work on. Sorry!

Also I tried out the Japanese characters you mentioned in your other post. None of them caused the ABC function to fail. Even though I don't know what's causing your particular issue, I think I have a way to prevent these types of errors from completely killing the ABC function. I hope to have this fix in the next release as well.
    That's fine, I'll suggest it to Blubble for his NaNplayer, which is shaping out to be a fantastic player.

Well, when I have time, I will try and remove all Japanese songs and see if the error still generates and then work on slowly rebuilding the list to see if there's a character in particular that might be causing it.
  18.    #378  
    That's fine, I'll suggest it to Blubble for his NaNplayer, which is shaping out to be a fantastic player.
    I wonder if using the file path is the best solution to your problem. I assume podcasts have their own genre(s)? Is that true? If so, maybe the better way to implement this is to be able to select multiple genres on the "Genre" page and then shuffle all songs from the selected genres. In your case, you would choose all genres except "podcasts". I could see how that solution would be beneficial to more people (other than podcast listeners). There are times when I feel like listening to more than one genre.

But now that I think about it, it would be kind of a pain for you to have to do that every time you wanted to listen to your player. So never mind...I guess a file path exclusion (or maybe genre exclusion) preference setting would be the best bet for you. Hopefully Blubble can implement this for you.

Well, when I have time, I will try and remove all Japanese songs and see if the error still generates and then work on slowly rebuilding the list to see if there's a character in particular that might be causing it.
    I wouldn't go through all the hassle. I really don't think it's the Japanese characters. I tried all of the ones you provided, and they work fine. I think it must be one of your other songs that has something strange going on.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/03/2009 at 10:01 AM.
    ...Speaking of the next release, in addition to various bug fixes, the two big new features will be on-the-fly playlists and lyric support (via LyricWiki). I have lyrics working now...it's very cool actually, although not every song is listed on this wiki site...
    Dan,

Thank you!

The Lyrics made me realize that I want to donate to you!

Could you add a donate button so that I can?

If some says that their song Lyrics did not come up, they can add them to LyricWiki themselves.

Could Lyrics and Artist buttons be on the now playing screen like the iPhone?

Putting Lyrics and Artist in the menu is fine too.

By the way, I did that mock-up two months ago. I am fine with the slider bar above the play button as you have done it.

- Craig
    Holy crap, on the fly playlists and lyrics coming?

Wow you deserve a medal for your work here!

Dan, SacherJJ and OIL are my top 3 members here by far!