Page 18 of 127 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 2523
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Yeah, it's not showing up well in the SS. Here, I set the background to yellow so it's more visible...



    To get this to pop-up follow these instructions:

    1.) Open Music Player (Remix)
    2.) Flick the list "up" to scroll down
    3.) Flick "down" to scroll all the way up

    This should bring on the gradient.
    Yeah the original player added a blurry area at the bottom of lists. I think it comes up when you're playing a song. I'm not sure why they have it there to be honest.
  2. #342  
    Love this so far, and the bookmarking is great. Reminds me of my zen (and something ipods STILL don't do!)

    However, I was wondering if you chould modify something that the zen does too and always made me crazy. When I bookmark a track, i then have to go back to bookmarks to open it. Would it be possible to index all of the bookmarks related to a particular track so that I can go to that track within the album itself, start it at the bookmark point, then let the album continue as intended once the bookmarked track is done?

    Again, this is awesome. Thanks.
  3. #343  
    got this bug last night,

    when playing a song, and switching to the list view of the songs in queue, and then switching back to the now playing view... the scrub bar and other info appear behind the big music note logo and you cant really move it around or select it anymore.

    i wasnt able to get a screenshot at the time, but if it happens again i definately will
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by disgrace View Post
    got this bug last night,

    when playing a song, and switching to the list view of the songs in queue, and then switching back to the now playing view... the scrub bar and other info appear behind the big music note logo and you cant really move it around or select it anymore.

    i wasnt able to get a screenshot at the time, but if it happens again i definately will
    I mentioned this a few posts back. This is already fixed in the next release I'm working on.
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Love this so far, and the bookmarking is great. Reminds me of my zen (and something ipods STILL don't do!)

    However, I was wondering if you chould modify something that the zen does too and always made me crazy. When I bookmark a track, i then have to go back to bookmarks to open it. Would it be possible to index all of the bookmarks related to a particular track so that I can go to that track within the album itself, start it at the bookmark point, then let the album continue as intended once the bookmarked track is done?

    Again, this is awesome. Thanks.
    I'm sure it's possible, but that's probably not high on my priority list. My goal was to implement Bookmarks in the strictest sense...to save a bookmark...and then later restore it. I don't plan to get too fancy with them.

    I'd rather work on other features. For instance, I'm currently working on implementing on-the-fly playlists.
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sure it's possible, but that's probably not high on my priority list. My goal was to implement Bookmarks in the strictest sense...to save a bookmark...and then later restore it. I don't plan to get too fancy with them.

    I'd rather work on other features. For instance, I'm currently working on implementing on-the-fly playlists.
    so then u r implementing playlists....thats amazing....thats something i missed since i used the ipod yrs ago!!!
  7. mateo2's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #347  
    anyone else think the newest version is quicker?
  8. #348  
    this has replaced the built in player, thanks!
  9. #349  
    I just found a couple of minor issues (one of which is a bug in the original Palm music player):

    1. Album titles containing an ampersand (&) display it correctly on the Album page, but on the Song page, it displays the HTML entity "&" instead.

    2. The buttons along the bottom are shifted up enough to block the elapsed and remaining time counters, when the active card is slightly "compressed" due to dashboard icon(s) being present at the bottom of the screen. For example, Sprint Navigation, TXT Manager, or unread email/SMS messages. The buttons on the original Palm app also shift up, but into unused space.

    Even with these couple minor things, your improved version of this app is excellent!

    --John

    P.S. Regarding that "blur" at the bottom of the screen, this seems to be a common UI element on the Pre. Especially given the lack of scrollbars, this "blur" at the top and bottom of the screen serves as a subtle visual cue that there is additional content beyond the edges of the display.
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Hi.. I've already posted with some wish items, so take this with a grain of salt.

    I really appreciate the new features, the bookmarks are nice, and it just seems faster and smoother all around. To me, the two features that would make this drop-dead perfect, the only player I'd ever need, would be:

    1. Recall to current time and place after shutdown. Not manually setting a bookmark, but just remembering where you were at last play. Say you need to flick the app away for whatever reason. Restarting the app should bring it back to that place in the song you were last playing.

    2. Please add to filter list: "Files" and "Folders". In addition to artist/album/songs/genres, ability to navigate actual filenames (eg. "mydemo.mp3") that maybe don't have any metadata, plus the folders in which they physically live.

    That way if you've made a folder of your favorite songs, it could be played as an album, rather than a collection of disconnected, orphan titles.

    Thanks for everything!
    Read back in the thread a page or two. These requests have been discussed multiple times.
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I am still getting the "Error while searcing for aplhabet index - Range Error: Script Interrupt, timeout exceeded" Odd cause before I fixed a song tag with a space as a first character I had this error in 0.71



    Song titles before # are

    Code:
    "BIG DADDY"
    (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    (Shokk You) Denziha Vop!
    [NYA]
    +gothic Pink+
    Well I tried adding songs with a double-quote, parenthesis, plus-sign, and bracket, and I was still able to use the ABC function without any errors. So those songs are not the problem. There must be something else in your song list that is causing havoc.

    Do any of the letters in the ABC list work for you? What about the "#" selection for digits?
  12. #352  
    hey dan....how soon ru gonna be adding an update that will be doing playlists?
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey dan....how soon ru gonna be adding an update that will be doing playlists?
    I've already starting working on it...but I still have a ways to go. I've written the class for all playlist-related database interactions. I've set up the mechanism to add/delete playlists. But I still need to work on the mechanism to add songs to a playlist (from either a song list or the "now playing"). I also have to develop the mechanism to load the songs from the playlist to the "now playing" song queue.

    But I hope to work on it Thursday night, as well as this weekend. I should have a better idea on timing after the weekend.
  14. #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've already starting working on it...but I still have a ways to go. I've written the class for all playlist-related database interactions. I've set up the mechanism to add/delete playlists. But I still need to work on the mechanism to add songs to a playlist (from either a song list or the "now playing"). I also have to develop the mechanism to load the songs from the playlist to the "now playing" song queue.

    But I hope to work on it Thursday night, as well as this weekend. I should have a better idea on timing after the weekend.
    awesome i cant w8 for that addition...thank u so much!
  15. #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by disgrace View Post
    got this bug last night,

    when playing a song, and switching to the list view of the songs in queue, and then switching back to the now playing view... the scrub bar and other info appear behind the big music note logo and you cant really move it around or select it anymore.

    i wasnt able to get a screenshot at the time, but if it happens again i definately will
    I got this bug as well. I did capture soem screen shot of it however. Will try to post them up in a bit.

    Other than that, thank you very much for this app. It works really well and make the "PRE" experience closer to what I was hoping for
  16. #356  
    1st attempt @ posting a pic so here goes

    Also note if you scroll the list up or down in list mode the slider will move when going back to the single song screen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scoobdude; 09/02/2009 at 11:41 AM.
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    1st attempt @ posting a pic so here goes

    Also note if you scroll the list up or down in list mode the slider will move when going back to the single song screen
    I talked about this a few posts back. Please go back and read my response.
  18. #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well I tried adding songs with a double-quote, parenthesis, plus-sign, and bracket, and I was still able to use the ABC function without any errors. So those songs are not the problem. There must be something else in your song list that is causing havoc.

    Do any of the letters in the ABC list work for you? What about the "#" selection for digits?
    The only thing that it could be is the Japanese song titles but the way you've described it previously, they SHOULDN'T affect the function as they are AFTER the letter Z.

    And no, no letters or the # works in the ABC list.
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Read back in the thread a page or two. These requests have been discussed multiple times.
    TO save yourself constantly answering the questions, could you have a list of requested features in the opening post and their status? Maybe something like this:
    -------------
    Possible New Features
    - Playlist: Build a Playlist on the fly while in the music player

    Features To Consider Later
    - Lyrics: Button to search LyricWiki with artists and song name

    Long-Range - Difficult, Limited Interest, May not be Possible Now
    -Lyrics from mp3 file: SDK does not allow pulling lyrics from the mp3
    -------------

    That way instead of answering the same questions at least once every page, you could have them in the OP?

    - Craig
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The only thing that it could be is the Japanese song titles but the way you've described it previously, they SHOULDN'T affect the function as they are AFTER the letter Z.

    And no, no letters or the # works in the ABC list.
    "Shouldn't" is the key word here. Something is affecting it. Do you know how I could assign these Japanese characters to one of my ID3 tags so I can test this?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions