Page 17 of 127 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Let me start by saying I LOVE this app. Thanks!

A few things:

I want to be able to change the coverart for tracks. How do I go about doing this?

Also, I discovered that sometimes (about 20%), when I'm in NOW PLAYING view, I can't switch back to the list.

In addition, I would love to see a scroll bar on the right during the shuffle to see how far down I am on the list.
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdominick View Post
    Request.... if no image is present for the song you should grab the image off the net.
    I think someone else requested that as well; however, this is going to be out of scope for this project. I really think the person's PC should be where album art is retrieved (either manually or via an internet service provided by a media player or other application).

The Pre does seem to be a bit finicky in regards to album art, but if you look earlier in the thread, someone recommended an application to help update album art so the Pre will see them.
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Let me start by saying I LOVE this app. Thanks!

A few things:

I want to be able to change the coverart for tracks. How do I go about doing this?

Also, I discovered that sometimes (about 20%), when I'm in NOW PLAYING view, I can't switch back to the list.

In addition, I would love to see a scroll bar on the right during the shuffle to see how far down I am on the list.
    See my previous message in regards to album art.

I haven't experienced not being able to switch between "album art" view and "playlist" view. So I'm not sure how to debug this.

Adding scrollbars is out of scope for this project. This is a general problem with all lists/scrolling in WebOS.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I think it's been requested before, but I'll throw my suggestion in the ring: Have the ability to just save everything where you're at if you decide to exit the app. When you come back in, be paused at the point where it left off, in the same album or playlist or wherever you were. That makes much more sense than having to go retrieve a bookmark, etc!
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    I think it's been requested before, but I'll throw my suggestion in the ring: Have the ability to just save everything where you're at if you decide to exit the app. When you come back in, be paused at the point where it left off, in the same album or playlist or wherever you were. That makes much more sense than having to go retrieve a bookmark, etc!
    Yes this has been discussed many times. I've already implemented all the code for this and have it working (although the code I wrote only saves the last song played, not the current playlist). 9 out of 10 times, it works perfectly. But that 1 other time, it'll load the song, but everything on the screen freezes. So I pulled the feature out of the "bookmarks" release.

At some point, I'll try to dive in and fix it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    could you add the feature that swiping down on the artwork of the current playing track will bring up the album of that current track
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerogpain View Post
    could you add the feature that swiping down on the artwork of the current playing track will bring up the album of that current track
    Swiping up or down on the album art brings up the artist. From there, you can select any of that artist's albums.
    esta chido
    muy bueno
    Love the new buttons. Was getting in the way of the slider before
    AWESOME! The player is sooooo sexy in all black (turn Red Green and Blue all the way down to 0)

One thing I am noticing, the gradient at the bottom of the screen stays blue even if you change background color. Not a big deal, but it is there.
    Last edited by ttremblay; 09/01/2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: na
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    AWESOME! The player is sooooo sexy in all black (turn Red Green and Blue all the way down to 0)

One thing I am noticing, the gradient at the bottom of the screen stays blue even if you change background color. Not a big deal, but it is there.
    I figured people would like the ability to customize their player colors. I've been switching mine between maroon and green.

Can you post a screenshot of the blue you're seeing at the bottom of the screen? I think I know what you're referring to...but I just want to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    How is "BIG DADDY" showing up before the #'s? Shouldn't it show up with the other B's?
    The quotation marks are identified as the first character, hence it's listed under the quote group.
    Here is the gradient at the bottom.

Hmm, not very visible...but at the bottom the blue gradient from the bottom moving upwards is visible. I would say just ignore it =).
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The quotation marks are identified as the first character, hence it's listed under the quote group.
    Ahh...ok... I'll check out the code and see what could be causing it to flake out. I guess I'm just fortunate not to have many of these strangely named songs...assuming of course that this is the problem.

I assume it's working for everyone else since no one else is chiming in on any issues....either that or they don't use the ABC selector.
    Hello.

This app looks great; thanks for your time. I look forward to using it; am now just trying it out.

I put an audio-book on the Pre via USB-drive. The files are all in the same directory and are named like this:

1.01. Title - Author.mp3
    1.02. Title - Author.mp3
    1.03. Title - Author.mp3
    2.01. Title - Author.mp3
    2.02. Title - Author.mp3
    2.03. Title - Author.mp3

The first digit is the Disc number; the second is the track. The tags in the files themselves are similar; they contain these tags:

title: "1.01. Title"
    artist: Artist
    album: Title
    discnumber: 1
    tracknumber 6/14

Either way, whether the app is sorting by filename or by title tag, it's sorting incorrectly; I'm getting this in the app:

1.01. Title
    2.01. Title
    1.02. Title
    2.02. Title
    1.03. Title
    2.03. Title

It's likely that it is ignoring discnumber, and sorting purely by tracknumber (so it sorts all of the track 1's first, then the track 2's etc.).

Just thought I'd try and help out posting a tiny little glitch. ID3 tags can really suck...
    Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    This is THE best app out there, it has everything I've ever wanted with my music player...bookmarks! My iphone never had that and I always wanted something like this. I listen to Howard Stern show on my player and everytime I wanted to use the usb feature of the phone I would loose my spot and if you fast forward to the spot you were it skips for so long that by the end of the show it cuts off like 10 minutes early....thank you for this app...I no longer miss my iphone at all!!
    I also listen to the Stern Show. The bookmarks are great, but wouldn't this app be even better with a jump ahead button to get through the commercials?

Just trying to raise some support for my feature request
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Here is the gradient at the bottom.

Maybe I'm color blind, but I don't see a blue gradient at the bottom of this screenshot. It looks all black to me.
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfeif View Post
    Hello.

This app looks great; thanks for your time. I look forward to using it; am now just trying it out.

I put an audio-book on the Pre via USB-drive. The files are all in the same directory and are named like this:

1.01. Title - Author.mp3
    1.02. Title - Author.mp3
    1.03. Title - Author.mp3
    2.01. Title - Author.mp3
    2.02. Title - Author.mp3
    2.03. Title - Author.mp3

The first digit is the Disc number; the second is the track. The tags in the files themselves are similar; they contain these tags:

title: "1.01. Title"
    artist: Artist
    album: Title
    discnumber: 1
    tracknumber 6/14

Either way, whether the app is sorting by filename or by title tag, it's sorting incorrectly; I'm getting this in the app:

1.01. Title
    2.01. Title
    1.02. Title
    2.02. Title
    1.03. Title
    2.03. Title

It's likely that it is ignoring discnumber, and sorting purely by tracknumber (so it sorts all of the track 1's first, then the track 2's etc.).

Just thought I'd try and help out posting a tiny little glitch. ID3 tags can really suck...
    The bookmarks aren't sorted alphabetically. They are stored in the order you added the bookmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Maybe I'm color blind, but I don't see a blue gradient at the bottom of this screenshot. It looks all black to me.
    Yeah, it's not showing up well in the SS. Here, I set the background to yellow so it's more visible...

To get this to pop-up follow these instructions:

1.) Open Music Player (Remix)
    2.) Flick the list "up" to scroll down
    3.) Flick "down" to scroll all the way up

This should bring on the gradient.