Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 2523
  1. sheltem's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Maybe you playlist lovers can help me understand how you organize ALL of your music? I'm a file/folder fan myself. My entire music collection cannot fit on the Pre due to space limitations. The way I organize my music is to create tons of different folders which contain different arrangements/mixes of songs.

    If you will be making on the fly playlists on the Pre then what happens when you need to remove a bunch of songs to make room for a new set of songs... The playlist you just created is lost (in regards to reusing it in the future) ! Furthermore assuming that you have a bunch of songs on your computer... Do you just have a single folder with thousands of songs in it plus a bunch of m3u playlist files?

    Let me guess you use iTunes?! I'll bet if you didn't use iTunes you wouldn't use playlists.

    Anyway help me understand your world (and maybe then I might be able to ween myself off of my dependency of a file/folder structure).
    File/folder is too basic for my needs. I have a huge music collection which is 99% full albums. My music collection is properly tagged (genre, artist, album, etc.) and favorite songs are rated. Because of this I can make a smart playlist which consists of:
    - 30% songs from my top 10 favorite artists
    - 40% songs rated 3 stars or higher
    - 20% songs not heard in a month
    - 10% songs that are not rated
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

    HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
  2. Kleany's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #282  
    instead of a + sign to add songs to the playlist, maybe a swipe of the track to the right, revealing an add to queue text would be slicker? just a thought.
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    The song is displayed as "The Human Hosepipe" in the playlist screen, and sits alongside other songs that starts with H.
    Well that's the problem them. I bet you if you type in "T" in your playlist it'll go to that song. And I think U-Z should work fine.

    The search routine sees a song starting with "H" and then it sees one starting with "T" right after it and therefore it determines that letters "I" through "S" don't exist.

    I'll have to build in some sort of mechanism for handling "The", "An', or "A" in front of songs when building the search index.
  4. computrav's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #284  
    I have a few quick feature requests:

    1) Can you integrate the changelog text (at least for the most recent version) into the main homebrew app page and what comes up in Filecoaster? Glad to see updates, but can't tell from Filecoaster what's changed in each update. Some apps are doing this and it's very handy.

    2) App feature request: Add a "123" button like you have for ABC. There are artists and songs that start with numbers and they can't be jumped to using the ABC dropdown list obviously. Or add numbers to the ABC list, but that'd make that list even longer than it already is.

    3) App feature request: Add ability to create an "on the fly" playlist. Ideally, just tap & hold on a song, artist, album, and a context menu would come up allowing you to add to the current on the fly playlist. Great for making impromptu mixes on road trips. Related request: be able to re-order songs in the playlist that is created.

    Thanks!
  5. #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Is there any way to listen to just one song without putting it in its own folder? I added some sermons in mp3 and want to listen as I go to sleep, but I don't want it to play all night because I'm a light sleeper and wake up when the new track starts (a music intro or something...woke me enough to fumble around and turn off the Pre).

    Thanks for the PURPLE background!
    Yes even if you have a folder with hundreds of songs in it, you should be able to choose SONGS from the music player menu and just select the individual song to play. Also if you are playing a playlist I would think the player should stop after the current song if you toggle the REPEAT icon to the right of the currently playing song.
  6. speckbe's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #286  
    I noticed that when I recieve a new email alert the song that is playing will start skipping until I acknowledge the alert. I have the most recent build but I believe that this start with one of the most recent builds.
  7. #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    @DanPLC, I'm now getting a different error with the [ABC] Select List that says: Error while searching for alphabet index - Range error: Cript Interrupt, timeout exceeded.

    I've deleted and rebooted and reinstalled the latest version and am still getting the error. Any ideas?
    I am getting the same issue. I actually do have a song entry where the sorter lists it as starting as blank(Japanese song name, however for other Japanese song names the sorter lists the first character correctly.)

    After that there's titles that start with a

    "
    (
    [
    +

    and then # symbol.
  8. mer1's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #288  
    Wow thank you so much, this is a very welcome app!
  9. #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    File/folder is too basic for my needs. I have a huge music collection which is 99% full albums. My music collection is properly tagged (genre, artist, album, etc.) and favorite songs are rated. Because of this I can make a smart playlist which consists of:
    - 30% songs from my top 10 favorite artists
    - 40% songs rated 3 stars or higher
    - 20% songs not heard in a month
    - 10% songs that are not rated
    Funny enough playlists are too basic for my needs. 50% of my music collection is full albums, but the other 50%... well... Maybe I'm one of the few people left who download tons of music from sites like Limewire. In this case half the time their ID3 tags are innacurate or missing etc. And the way I organize all of these downloaded songs is by using the concept of a "mix tape" and sort them into a bunch of different folders. As I obtain new music in the future which fits the flow of ony of my current mix tape folders, I move the song into that folder.

    Furthermore your Star Rating infers that you listen to songs a lot on your PC which I do not do - I almost exclusively listen to songs and organize them on my Pre (previously on my Treo running PocketTunes).

    However thanks for sharing - it is both educational and interesting to hear what others are doing. And it allows me to better understand the direction DanPLC is taking with his mods to the player.
  10. #290  
    haven't used the new version but love the ability to change the colors. Got mine set up jet black and sexy. looks cool as the other side of the pillow. Will say i personally prefer the look of the older buttons when a song is playing.

    Random nonspecific Question: is there a reason why pressing anywhere on the screen pauses a song. Not just the pause button. This applies to the original Palm version of the player too. i've found it kinda annoying as i keep accidentally pausing the song or worse changing the track. Is there a reason for this that i'm not getting?
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    haven't used the new version but love the ability to change the colors. Got mine set up jet black and sexy. looks cool as the other side of the pillow. Will say i personally prefer the look of the older buttons when a song is playing.

    Random nonspecific Question: is there a reason why pressing anywhere on the screen pauses a song. Not just the pause button. This applies to the original Palm version of the player too. i've found it kinda annoying as i keep accidentally pausing the song or worse changing the track. Is there a reason for this that i'm not getting?
    I think so it's easy to pause the player without looking at the screen. Hunting for the small pause button is kind of a pain. Personally, I don't think there's a need for the small buttons at the bottom at all now that the progress slider has been implemented. But some people may miss having them, so I haven't removed them.
  12. #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    ...I'll have to build in some sort of mechanism for handling "The", "An', or "A" in front of songs when building the search index.
    Dan,

    The webOS Internals has these patches:

    Music Player: Bookmarking
    Music Player: Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' in Artist and Album Names

    They say that this patch fixes the sorting problem. Can you use it?

    - Craig
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by speckbe View Post
    I noticed that when I recieve a new email alert the song that is playing will start skipping until I acknowledge the alert. I have the most recent build but I believe that this start with one of the most recent builds.
    I just sent myself an email and I didn't experience this...in fact I don't remember this happening and I get a decent amount of emails in a day. I tried it with both vibrating and audible email alerts. The only sputter was when the audible alert played, but afterwards the song kept playing even with the notification unacknowledged.

    Could it be that your phone is starting to bog down? Maybe you could try a reboot of the phone and see if new emails still cause the music player to stutter.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,

    The webOS Internals has these patches:

    Music Player: Bookmarking
    Music Player: Ignore 'A', 'An', and 'The' in Artist and Album Names

    They say that this patch fixes the sorting problem. Can you use it?

    - Craig
    The patch fixes the way songs are displayed in the song list. The issue needing to be fixed is with my search routine, not the display of the songs.
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post
    1) Can you integrate the changelog text (at least for the most recent version) into the main homebrew app page and what comes up in Filecoaster? Glad to see updates, but can't tell from Filecoaster what's changed in each update. Some apps are doing this and it's very handy.
    It would be nice to have a changelog section on the homebrew page, but as of now, the changelog section points to a link to this thread.

    I'm not sure if it's necessary to list every single revision (that list could get long). I'll look at some of the other pages and see what other people have done.

    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post
    2) App feature request: Add a "123" button like you have for ABC. There are artists and songs that start with numbers and they can't be jumped to using the ABC dropdown list obviously. Or add numbers to the ABC list, but that'd make that list even longer than it already is.
    The song list section already has a "#" option in the alphabet selector list. It's my intent to add this capability to the album and artist sections at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post
    3) App feature request: Add ability to create an "on the fly" playlist. Ideally, just tap & hold on a song, artist, album, and a context menu would come up allowing you to add to the current on the fly playlist. Great for making impromptu mixes on road trips. Related request: be able to re-order songs in the playlist that is created.
    This has been discussed many times. I would like to do this one day if I can find the time. This one will be a bit more involved than any other change I've made so far.
  16. #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post
    ...2) App feature request: Add a "123" button like you have for ABC. There are artists and songs that start with numbers and they can't be jumped to using the ABC dropdown list obviously. Or add numbers to the ABC list, but that'd make that list even longer than it already is.
    Please don't add a button for 123, just let the numbers be grouped together at the top before the A's.

    - Craig
  17. #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The patch fixes the way songs are displayed in the song list. The issue needing to be fixed is with my search routine, not the display of the songs.
    Could you still include this patch for the displayed sort order? Could you use this basic code?

    - Craig
  18. #298  
    how do i install this after i download the app to my palm pre?
  19. #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think so it's easy to pause the player without looking at the screen. Hunting for the small pause button is kind of a pain. Personally, I don't think there's a need for the small buttons at the bottom at all now that the progress slider has been implemented. But some people may miss having them, so I haven't removed them.
    yeah i'd fall into that latter category. I prefer the actual buttons. At least an actual pause button, and a next and previous track button. search buttons i don't much need with the meter. But this is my first touch screen device. And i'm use to it only pausing when i hit the button. So it's taking some adjustment. not a big fan of that feature. Bout to go to the store and take the new version for a spin while i'm out.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    yeah i'd fall into that latter category. I prefer the actual buttons. At least an actual pause button, and a next and previous track button. search buttons i don't much need with the meter. But this is my first touch screen device. And i'm use to it only pausing when i hit the button. So it's taking some adjustment. not a big fan of that feature. Bout to go to the store and take the new version for a spin while i'm out.
    Because some people, like you, prefer the buttons, I separated them out to make them a bit easier to press. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as the original configuration, but it is easier to use.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions