Page 14 of 127 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 2523
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo04 View Post
    any chance we could get an EQ on this app? then it would be perfect..
    This was asked before. No, I cannot find a way to modify the volume or sound attributes via the SDK.
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by le_seus View Post
    Hey man great app and great features. I have a request.....can you add the create a playlist on the go functionality like the ipod has? Thanks much and keep up the great work.
    this is wut im dying to have!! PLAYLIST!!!!!!!
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    this is wut im dying to have!! PLAYLIST!!!!!!!
    Maybe you playlist lovers can help me understand how you organize ALL of your music? I'm a file/folder fan myself. My entire music collection cannot fit on the Pre due to space limitations. The way I organize my music is to create tons of different folders which contain different arrangements/mixes of songs.

    If you will be making on the fly playlists on the Pre then what happens when you need to remove a bunch of songs to make room for a new set of songs... The playlist you just created is lost (in regards to reusing it in the future) ! Furthermore assuming that you have a bunch of songs on your computer... Do you just have a single folder with thousands of songs in it plus a bunch of m3u playlist files?

    Let me guess you use iTunes?! I'll bet if you didn't use iTunes you wouldn't use playlists.

    Anyway help me understand your world (and maybe then I might be able to ween myself off of my dependency of a file/folder structure).
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Maybe you playlist lovers can help me understand how you organize ALL of your music? I'm a file/folder fan myself. My entire music collection cannot fit on the Pre due to space limitations. The way I organize my music is to create tons of different folders which contain different arrangements/mixes of songs.

    If you will be making on the fly playlists on the Pre then what happens when you need to remove a bunch of songs to make room for a new set of songs... The playlist you just created is lost (in regards to reusing it in the future) ! Furthermore assuming that you have a bunch of songs on your computer... Do you just have a single folder with thousands of songs in it plus a bunch of m3u playlist files?

    Let me guess you use iTunes?! I'll bet if you didn't use iTunes you wouldn't use playlists.

    Anyway help me understand your world (and maybe then I might be able to ween myself off of my dependency of a file/folder structure).
    i have like 170 songs on my pre...i would like a playlist that will have at least maybe the 20-30 songs i listen to the most that r on the radio bc there r other ones that i dont listen to as much bc they're like 1 yr old or so...and i think the best way to implement this is....(when i had my ipod) a long time ago i would click and hold and automatically it added it in the playlist and i would have like 20-30 songs in a playlist and when they get old i would take em out of the playlist....so thats wut i would like for the music app to have...


    EDIT: by the way i dont use itunes...i despise it!!!
  5. #265  
    Hey Palm,

    Can we talk a minute?

    You have 939 employees.

    You are betting it all on the Pre. You have to have a decent Music Player if you are going up against the iPhone.

    Let's give you the benefit of the doubt. You rushed to get the Pre out.

    But here is your problem.

    Your Music Player team is up against one guy working on this part-time.

    Your employees have real access. This guy is working from the limited SDK beta.

    It does not seem like much of a fair fight: 939 to 1.

    Palm, you are badly outnumbered. Maybe you should go home and get some more people.

    This one guy is kicking your butts. Bad.

    DanPLC is step-by-step fixing every defect in the Music Player.

    Palm, would you just hire him?

    - Craig
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ...
    i would like a playlist that will have at least maybe the 20-30 songs i listen to the most that r on the radio bc there r other ones that i dont listen to as much bc they're like 1 yr old or so.
    ...
    and when they get old i would take em out of the playlist.
    Ok I'm beginning to understand now. And please do not take any offense to this - I fully respect your methodology. However you see, I personally don't think a great song can ever get old. Maybe I'm old school but my music collection keeps growing and I will always listen to all of it rather than perpetually keeping it limited to few hundred songs and just replacing the old songs with new ones. I guess that is why I can't understand the value of a TEMPORARY playlist. My "playlists" are forever evolving and being added to. And that is why i'd favor a permanent playlist that I could continue working with both on my Pre and my PC.

    Again take no offense - I'm merely trying to educate myself on what others are doing. Would anybody else like to add to this conversation?
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Ok I'm beginning to understand now. And please do not take any offense to this - I fully respect your methodology. However you see, I personally don't think a great song can ever get old. Maybe I'm old school but my music collection keeps growing and I will always listen to all of it rather than perpetually keeping it limited to few hundred songs and just replacing the old songs with new ones. I guess that is why I can't understand the value of a TEMPORARY playlist. My "playlists" are forever evolving and being added to. And that is why i'd favor a permanent playlist that I could continue working with both on my Pre and my PC.

    Again take no offense - I'm merely trying to educate myself on what others are doing. Would anybody else like to add to this conversation?
    no offense taken...dont worry
  8. noaxis2's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #268  
    Is there any way to listen to just one song without putting it in its own folder? I added some sermons in mp3 and want to listen as I go to sleep, but I don't want it to play all night because I'm a light sleeper and wake up when the new track starts (a music intro or something...woke me enough to fumble around and turn off the Pre).

    Thanks for the PURPLE background!



    Being me has its advantages.

    -- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  9. #269  
    @DanPLC, I'm now getting a different error with the [ABC] Select List that says: Error while searching for alphabet index - Range error: Cript Interrupt, timeout exceeded.

    I've deleted and rebooted and reinstalled the latest version and am still getting the error. Any ideas?
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    @DanPLC, I'm now getting a different error with the [ABC] Select List that says: Error while searching for alphabet index - Range error: Cript Interrupt, timeout exceeded.

    I've deleted and rebooted and reinstalled the latest version and am still getting the error. Any ideas?
    Does every letter produce this error, or is it only when you reach a certain letter? We may have another case where a song named in a particular way is throwing off the search routine.
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Hey Palm,

    Can we talk a minute?

    You have 939 employees.

    You are betting it all on the Pre. You have to have a decent Music Player if you are going up against the iPhone.

    Let's give you the benefit of the doubt. You rushed to get the Pre out.

    But here is your problem.

    Your Music Player team is up against one guy working on this part-time.

    Your employees have real access. This guy is working from the limited SDK beta.

    It does not seem like much of a fair fight: 939 to 1.

    Palm, you are badly outnumbered. Maybe you should go home and get some more people.

    This one guy is kicking your butts. Bad.

    DanPLC is step-by-step fixing every defect in the Music Player.

    Palm, would you just hire him?

    - Craig
    That was pretty funny! Thanks for the encouragement.

    I'm sure the reason why the music player is a little lacking is they didn't have the time to complete it. It's obvious that their SDK is not complete and their app catalog is not ready for prime time. If it was, it would have been released on Day 1 to get the developers working on apps immediately.

    So some of their built-in apps had to be rushed a bit. But yeah I agree the Music Player should have been one of those apps where they put an extra effort in considering they're going up against the iPhone.
  12. #272  
    I have made a few manual bookmarks but cant seem to get back to them. Where do you have to be to restore a bookmark?
    I cant find it!
    Maybe its just to early for my brain.

    Edit: Ok I found it, after my coffee
    Last edited by odinstorm; 08/31/2009 at 07:33 AM.
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    I have made a few manual bookmarks but cant seem to get back to them. Where do you have to be to restore a bookmark?
    I cant find it!
    Maybe its just to early for my brain.
    "Bookmarks" under the main menu.
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Does every letter produce this error, or is it only when you reach a certain letter? We may have another case where a song named in a particular way is throwing off the search routine.
    For "Songs", every single letter fails. However, the first two "letters" in my list are ( and #, and then A B C D E F G etc

    For "Playlist", I'm seeing a different error. The [ABC] select list breaks at the letter "I" and I think I've firgured out why. Under "H" I have a song called "The Human Hosepipe" and that's what seems to be breaking the [ABC] select list. I tried another playlist that doesn't contain that song, and everything works fine.
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    For "Songs", every single letter fails. However, the first two "letters" in my list are ( and #, and then A B C D E F G etc
    I'll check out what happens when the search routine encounters non-alphanumeric characters in the song name. But yeah the way the new routine is designed, if any errors occur, all songs after the error will not be indexed.

    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    For "Playlist", I'm seeing a different error. The [ABC] select list breaks at the letter "I" and I think I've firgured out why. Under "H" I have a song called "The Human Hosepipe" and that's what seems to be breaking the [ABC] select list. I tried another playlist that doesn't contain that song, and everything works fine.
    What is the exact song name in the file's ID3 tag? Is it "Human Hosepipe" or "The Human Hosepipe"? I was under the impression (based upon feedback in this thread), that songs labeled with "The" were filed under "T".
  16. #276  
    I just opened up that song in iTunes, and the actual name is "The Human Hosepipe" however there is also another field called "sort name" where it's listed as just "Human Hosepipe" which explaines why it's sorted under the letter H.

    The song's ID3 tag is completely stock as I did not make any changes, so this might be something that will happen for other songs as well.
  17. Phillykef's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #277  
    GREAT APP! Today I found a weird error, but I'm not sure how I did it. The progress slider slid underneath the album art, and I can't get it back to where it belongs without resetting. I didn't search the entire thread, so I don't know if it's been reported before. Has anyone else had this happen.
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    GREAT APP! Today I found a weird error, but I'm not sure how I did it. The progress slider slid underneath the album art, and I can't get it back to where it belongs without resetting. I didn't search the entire thread, so I don't know if it's been reported before. Has anyone else had this happen.
    I just found a bug where if you switch from "Album Art" view to "song list view" and then back, the slider will disappear. Perhaps this is how it happened to you?

    The way I got the slider back was to swipe back to the main menu (swiping right-to-left on the titlebar at the top of the screen), then clicking the "Now Playing" button on the titlebar to go back to the "Album Art" view.
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I just opened up that song in iTunes, and the actual name is "The Human Hosepipe" however there is also another field called "sort name" where it's listed as just "Human Hosepipe" which explaines why it's sorted under the letter H.

    The song's ID3 tag is completely stock as I did not make any changes, so this might be something that will happen for other songs as well.
    Does the song display with the "The" or without when viewing it on the playlist screen?

    I'll have to see if I can edit one of my MP3s to have a song name with "The" and a sorting name without "The".
  20. #280  
    The song is displayed as "The Human Hosepipe" in the playlist screen, and sits alongside other songs that starts with H.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions