Page 13 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    They work for me. However, I don't get an ABC option if I am in one of my playlists. All I get is an empty box at the top of the screen.
    It was intentional to remove the ABC option for playlists; however, now a few people seems to be missing it. Perhaps I'll add it back in the next release.
  2.    #242  
    I think I figured out what may be causing the ABC function to fail for some people. I looked through the code and realized that if any songs in a person's collection does not have a song name in the ID3 tag, the search function will fail for any songs after that song.

For everyone having issues with the ABC function, is it possible that one of your songs may not have a song name filled in for one of your songs?

Regardless of whether this is the cause of this issue, I still need to fix it, so I'll release a new version tomorrow. Hopefully this is what's causing everyone's issue.
    It doesn't matter a huge amount to me whether the abc function is in playlists or not, but you should remove the empty box if the functionality is not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think I figured out what may be causing the ABC function to fail for some people. I looked through the code and realized that if any songs in a person's collection does not have a song name in the ID3 tag, the search function will fail for any songs after that song.

For everyone having issues with the ABC function, is it possible that one of your songs may not have a song name filled in for one of your songs?

Regardless of whether this is the cause of this issue, I still need to fix it, so I'll release a new version tomorrow. Hopefully this is what's causing everyone's issue.
    I think I figured it out! I have the virtual keyboard and it places a click-sound audio file in /media/internal. That audio file shows up in Music (Remix). I'm guessing that everyone who has this problem also has the virtual keyboard installed
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    The current scenario is that on your computer you either...
    1) ...already have folders with music in them and m3u playlist files already exist in them in which case you just copy the whole folder over to your Pre via usb cable
    2) ...or you don't have any m3u files yet... Which means you have to create some playlists on your PC (the non-iTunes method being)... Create a new folder on your PC. Drag a bunch of songs into it. Then drag all those songs into wmplayer and save as a playlist of type m3u into the same folder. Now drag that folder to your Pre via usb.
    Into what folder do I drag the folder of music with the playlist?

Thanks for a great app! I've gone another week (virtually) iPod free...only used it to listen Harry Potter!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

This is what I was thinking. Either it was blank or had a character in it that your code didn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I think I figured it out! I have the virtual keyboard and it places a click-sound audio file in /media/internal. That audio file shows up in Music (Remix). I'm guessing that everyone who has this problem also has the virtual keyboard installed
    You've got it exactly right! I do have the virtual keyboard installed, and as soon as I got rid of that audio file, the [ABC] works again. Until DanPLC releases the next update, this is a super-easy workaround. Thanks!!! You've just made my morning.
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    You've got it exactly right! I do have the virtual keyboard installed, and as soon as I got rid of that audio file, the [ABC] works again. Until DanPLC releases the next update, this is a super-easy workaround. Thanks!!! You've just made my morning.
    The fix should be available soon. I created an MP3 file with no song name in the ID3 tag. The file was named test.mp3. Sure enough, when I loaded the file, the ABC function failed for all letters after "T".

I'm testing the fix now on the emulator.
  9.    #249  
    Version 0.6.3 has been posted in the first thread. The actual issue with the non-named files are that the file path name is used. In most cases, this will be a lower-case letter. The code was doing a pure equality check, so lower-case letters caused the ABC selector to fail. Once I converted all the letters to upper-case, it worked again.

In this version, I also added the ABC selector back to the playlist song list. Also I added error handling to the ABC search index routine so if any other unanticipated errors occur, the user will receive an error popup when using the ABC selector.
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Into what folder do I drag the folder of music with the playlist?
    I believe you can drag it anywhere onto the Pre via usb cable because the Pre scans that partition for music files. However to keep things neat and tidy I created a new folder on my Pre called MUSIC and then I drag all of my different music folders into this folder.
    Nice app. Quick question though. Does using the app in card view with the progress slider use more battery than palm's with no slider?

Edit: nevermind, just noticed it stops updating if it is not active
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Edit: nevermind, just noticed it stops updating if it is not active
    Exactly correct! This was one of the first fixes I implemented.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    No sorry I won't be able to add support for any new codecs.
    Can you elaborate on that? I guess you would know more than anyone else about the audio setup of the Pre. Is it running Gstreamer or is there an abstraction layer or what?

If it isn't in the scope of this app to add ogg/flac support, (not to mention .ape and a bunch of others I wish were there), do you think it will be relatively trivial for someone else to add support for this in the future?

I am really liking the idea of listening to music in the "cloud", given the storage limitations of the Pre, but most of the music on my computer is in FLAC format.

On the other hand, I don't think Sprint will be too happy about me streaming FLAC over 3G all day
    I installed MP remix and now I can't play music from it or from built in music player or pandora or ringtone preview but ringtones work when called and system sounds work.

PLEASE HELP!?
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by cornbread View Post
    I installed MP remix and now I can't play music from it or from built in music player or pandora or ringtone preview but ringtones work when called and system sounds work.

PLEASE HELP!?
    The music player has no way to affect the other applications. I'd make sure your volume is not muted if all sounds on your system are not audible.
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? I guess you would know more than anyone else about the audio setup of the Pre. Is it running Gstreamer or is there an abstraction layer or what?

If it isn't in the scope of this app to add ogg/flac support, (not to mention .ape and a bunch of others I wish were there), do you think it will be relatively trivial for someone else to add support for this in the future?

I am really liking the idea of listening to music in the "cloud", given the storage limitations of the Pre, but most of the music on my computer is in FLAC format.

On the other hand, I don't think Sprint will be too happy about me streaming FLAC over 3G all day
    The Music Player uses the audio service to play tracks. The audio service is the one that decodes the music files. So no, I don't have a way to add additional codec support.
    Thanks a bunch for this. Bookmarks and the slider will be great for my daily use
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hey man great app and great features. I have a request.....can you add the create a playlist on the go functionality like the ipod has? Thanks much and keep up the great work.
  19.    #259  
    Version 0.7.0 has been released!!! The keyword is COLOR!

I like blue...maybe you like it too...but maybe you don't. So now the wallpaper color in the app is customizable via the new "Preferences" screen available on the app's menu.

The color selection will be saved and restored when you restart the app.
    any chance we could get an EQ on this app? then it would be perfect..