Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2523
    It takes quite a bit of time to load. At also takes a while to flip to landscape mode when i turn the phone, and while I'm waiting for it to reoreint itself, I can't do or select anything else. This is all minor stuff of course, I still love the program.
  2.    #2502  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    It takes quite a bit of time to load. At also takes a while to flip to landscape mode when i turn the phone, and while I'm waiting for it to reoreint itself, I can't do or select anything else. This is all minor stuff of course, I still love the program.
    Can you watch my preview video of Music Player (Remix) 2.0 (link to the video series is in my signature...it's the "Part 1/2" video) and see if the load time and portrait/landscape orientation time is faster than what you're experiencing?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I re-installed it, or rather installed it on my new pre and it's working much more smoothly
  4.    #2504  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    I re-installed it, or rather installed it on my new pre and it's working much more smoothly
    Glad to hear it.
    Whenever I open a bookmark, it starts playing in shuffle mode, even though i never use shuffle mode. This happens when I'm listening to audiobooks so it is kind of annoying. Do I have the wrong setting somewhere?
  6.    #2506  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfabius View Post
    Whenever I open a bookmark, it starts playing in shuffle mode, even though i never use shuffle mode. This happens when I'm listening to audiobooks so it is kind of annoying. Do I have the wrong setting somewhere?
    This is something being addressed in version 2.0 of the app.
    OK thanks. Otherwise this is a great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This is something being addressed in version 2.0 of the app.
    I haven't followed the thread at all but have been using the app since you released it.

Thanks for still being active here.

Great app!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9.    #2509  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I haven't followed the thread at all but have been using the app since you released it.

Thanks for still being active here.

Great app!
    I love webOS... So yeah I'm here to stay. And hopefully the community will keep growing as the platform evolves and expands under HP's wing.

Thanks for your support of the app. If you haven't already, check out the preview of version 2.0 of the app found here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2608405
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by sfabius View Post
    I was just coming here to mention the same bug; it also seems to affect Resume Play. This is a big enough annoyance—especially if you're trying to listen to audiobooks while driving—that I'd love to see a hotfix prior to your major version upgrade, which I understand is dependent on a future Palm update.
  11.    #2511  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    I was just coming here to mention the same bug; it also seems to affect Resume Play. This is a big enough annoyance—especially if you're trying to listen to audiobooks while driving—that I'd love to see a hotfix prior to your major version upgrade, which I understand is dependent on a future Palm update.
    Most likely the original codebase will remain as is. From here on out, Music Player (Remix) 2.0 is the only version I'll be supporting with active code changes.

As a workaround, after you resume play, try tapping the shuffle toggle button and see if that restores the original order.

As a workaround, after you resume play, try tapping the shuffle toggle button and see if that restores the original order.
    Yeah, doing that now—I'll just have to remember to do so each time. In fact, at first I thought I was tapping it by accident until I realized that it switched states every time when restoring a saved position.

Since I never use shuffle mode on purpose, I may just try to find the bit of code that enables shuffle so I can comment it out.

I understand not wanting to divide your development efforts to support an "obsolete" version. Since 1.4.5 just came out and hasn't even been rolled out to all carriers yet, I guess we'll just have to be patient.
  13.    #2513  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Yeah, doing that now—I'll just have to remember to do so each time. In fact, at first I thought I was tapping it by accident until I realized that it switched states every time when restoring a saved position.

Since I never use shuffle mode on purpose, I may just try to find the bit of code that enables shuffle so I can comment it out.

I understand not wanting to divide your development efforts to support an "obsolete" version. Since 1.4.5 just came out and hasn't even been rolled out to all carriers yet, I guess we'll just have to be patient.
    I don't think it's going to be as simple as commenting out code that enables shuffle. Last year I remember trying to quickly fix this in one of my releases and I had to roll it back because it really wasn't that simple.

I've completely re-designed the way items are loaded into a playlist when you start playing music and a side effect of this will be a fix for this issue.

Even though 1.4.5 took forever to be released (and a lot of people are still waiting), you never know when the next version of webOS will be released. And I still plan on having some type of beta release, so keep an eye out for future announcements.

This is the problem that I'm having:
    1. Music player remix loads without opening.
    2. Per your instruction's I dragged some mp3 files onto the pre and still nothing happens.
    3. I renamed the folder from "music and videos" per the instructions from the palm interactive tutorial to "My music", dropped the files in and nothing, the files don't even show up in the stock player. I've done a lot of trouble shooting and I'm at a lost as to what do next.
  15.    #2515  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    This is the problem that I'm having:
    1. Music player remix loads without opening.
    2. Per your instruction's I dragged some mp3 files onto the pre and still nothing happens.
    3. I renamed the folder from "music and videos" per the instructions from the palm interactive tutorial to "My music", dropped the files in and nothing, the files don't even show up in the stock player. I've done a lot of trouble shooting and I'm at a lost as to what do next.
    If the stock music app is not showing your music, then that's why Music Player (Remix) is not loading. The homebrew version of the app will not load if there is no music found on the device.

So for some reason the music you're loading is not being picked up by the webOS music indexing service. I assume you're connecting your phone in USB mode. Can you try to copy an MP3 file to the root directory while in USB mode? Does the file show up in the stock music app?

Also can you go to the Ringtones preference screen (for the phone), tap the button to customize your ringtone, then tap on the icon at the bottom of the screen. This should load a list of all the music files on your device. Do you see your music files?

If the stock music app is not showing your music, then that's why Music Player (Remix) is not loading. The homebrew version of the app will not load if there is no music found on the device.

So for some reason the music you're loading is not being picked up by the webOS music indexing service. I assume you're connecting your phone in USB mode. Can you try to copy an MP3 file to the root directory while in USB mode? Does the file show up in the stock music app?

Also can you go to the Ringtones preference screen (for the phone), tap the button to customize your ringtone, then tap on the icon at the bottom of the screen. This should load a list of all the music files on your device. Do you see your music files?
    I'm sorry I don't know how to copy files to the root directory, thats above my pay grade as the old saying goes. Do you think that files that came from peer to peer sites (Limewire) would have anything to do with this? I"m thinking about downloading an album from amazon to test this theory out.
    Last edited by blackbriar511; 08/26/2010 at 10:50 PM.
  17.    #2517  
    I'm sorry I don't know how to copy files to the root directory, thats above my pay grade as the old saying goes. Do you think that files that came from peer to peer sites (Limewire) would have anything to do with this? I"m thinking about downloading an album from amazon to test this theory out.
    When I say "root directory" I mean the directory that shows up when you connect your phone in "USB Mode". Instead of creating a sub-directory labeled "My music", I was asking if you can try copying it to the root directory (which is the highest level directory).

But yes it could be your MP3 files. I would try downloading a song from amazon, copy it on your device in "USB Mode" and see if it shows up in the music apps.

[QUOTE=blackbriar511;2628485]I'm sorry I don't know how to copy files to the root directory, thats above my pay grade as the old saying goes. Do you think that files that came from peer to peer sites (Limewire) would have anything to do with this? I"m thinking about downloading an album from amazon to test this theory out.

Just downloaded an Mp3 file from amazon, it loaded with no problems. My theory was correct, (
    or was this information already in the forums?) the stock music player will not accept DRM files and hence Music player remix won't either. thanks for kick starting my thinking.
  19.    #2519  
    Just downloaded an Mp3 file from amazon, it loaded with no problems. My theory was correct, (
    or was this information already in the forums?) the stock music player will not accept DRM files and hence Music player remix won't either. thanks for kick starting my thinking.
    I'm glad you figured it out. Yeah only standard MP3 files (non-DRM'd) will be able to play.

20.    #2520  
    I don't think it's going to be as simple as commenting out code that enables shuffle. Last year I remember trying to quickly fix this in one of my releases and I had to roll it back because it really wasn't that simple.

I've completely re-designed the way items are loaded into a playlist when you start playing music and a side effect of this will be a fix for this issue.

Even though 1.4.5 took forever to be released (and a lot of people are still waiting), you never know when the next version of webOS will be released. And I still plan on having some type of beta release, so keep an eye out for future announcements.
    By the way, for everyone who has commented on their disapproval of the "auto-shuffle" feature when using the Resume Play option (or for manual bookmarks), I've completed my re-design of the Resume Play feature and it no longer resumes with shuffle on.

So in Music Player (Remix) 2.0, when you exit the app, it will remember the position in the song you were playing as well as which type of list you were listening to (album, artist, genre, playlist, flylist) and when you use Resume Play, it will resume where you left off in the same position within the playlist. Manual bookmarks will work the same way. The only time it will resume in shuffle mode is if you were using the "Shuffle All" option when you last closed the app.

Also, automatic resume play will be an option on the Preferences screen. So for people who would prefer their playlist automatically resume without having to tap the "Resume Play" button, you'll now be able to do this.

And I have a few other surprises in regards to bookmarking that I think people will like.