Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2523
    Hi,
    this file plays till the end in WebOS player. I can send it to you for tests id you want. Once again thank you for your work.
    Regards,
    Krecony
  2.    #2462  
    Quote Originally Posted by krecony View Post
    Hi,
    this file plays till the end in WebOS player. I can send it to you for tests id you want. Once again thank you for your work.
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Yes if you can PM me a link that would be great.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I've downloaded some album cover art via free ringtones app. I dumps the image in a folder named "album cover art".

Is it possible to somehow have these associated with the songs already loaded on my pre and have them appear in remix?

Thanks
  4.    #2464  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I've downloaded some album cover art via free ringtones app. I dumps the image in a folder named "album cover art".

Is it possible to somehow have these associated with the songs already loaded on my pre and have them appear in remix?

Thanks
    The album art needs to be embedded into the file. You can do this using an application like Media Monkey.
    One feature of Music Player Remix that I'd like to see changed is the click headset to advance track -- if there was a way to disable this in the preferences, I would love it. Very often I'm listening to long files and I move from my vehicle to my headset and vice-versa. Often when I plug in or unplug the headphones the static pop that sometimes happens appears to be interpreted as a button-click (even though my headphones have no button) and the track changes. This is especially annoying when I forget to hit bookmark after I pause the track.

In my truck I have an AUX jack that uses a headphone cable, and often when I'm just picking up the phone or moving it I'll hear the static pop and the track will advance.

Anyway, if I could just turn this feature completely off, to where Remix Player would just ignore button clicks, I have a feeling this would solve the issue. Thanks for a great app! I use it every day.
    Almost forgot: I have searched far and wide but I cannot figure out an easy way to delete ALL bookmarks. I set them all the time in my audiobooks and podcasts, and the list get so long that it actually stops accepting new bookmarks. But deleting them one at a time is a horrific experience when you're talking about 40-50 swipes.

(Sorry for the double post; I would've just edited my other one but I'm trying to get up above 10 so I can see links in bookmarks (super-annoying forum restriction ftw)).
  7.    #2467  
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbs View Post
    One feature of Music Player Remix that I'd like to see changed is the click headset to advance track -- if there was a way to disable this in the preferences, I would love it. Very often I'm listening to long files and I move from my vehicle to my headset and vice-versa. Often when I plug in or unplug the headphones the static pop that sometimes happens appears to be interpreted as a button-click (even though my headphones have no button) and the track changes. This is especially annoying when I forget to hit bookmark after I pause the track.

In my truck I have an AUX jack that uses a headphone cable, and often when I'm just picking up the phone or moving it I'll hear the static pop and the track will advance.

Anyway, if I could just turn this feature completely off, to where Remix Player would just ignore button clicks, I have a feeling this would solve the issue. Thanks for a great app! I use it every day.
    That's the first I've heard of someone having their tracks switch because of plugging in a headphone (or AUX jack) cable. I think there's something wrong with the headphone jack on your phone. My first Pre also had a popping and eventually it thought a headphone was plugged in all the time even when none was plugged in. I had to bring it in to Sprint to get a replacement.

I'm not sure adding a preference to try to workaround a phone's headphone malfunction is the best idea. I'm all for having preferences (and there will be ones available in the next-gen version of the app); however I don't want to add a bunch of useless (to most people) preferences.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  8.    #2468  
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbs View Post
    Almost forgot: I have searched far and wide but I cannot figure out an easy way to delete ALL bookmarks. I set them all the time in my audiobooks and podcasts, and the list get so long that it actually stops accepting new bookmarks. But deleting them one at a time is a horrific experience when you're talking about 40-50 swipes.

(Sorry for the double post; I would've just edited my other one but I'm trying to get up above 10 so I can see links in bookmarks (super-annoying forum restriction ftw)).
    Yes this will be an option in the new version of the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That's the first I've heard of someone having their tracks switch because of plugging in a headphone (or AUX jack) cable. I think there's something wrong with the headphone jack on your phone. My first Pre also had a popping and eventually it thought a headphone was plugged in all the time even when none was plugged in. I had to bring it in to Sprint to get a replacement.

I'm not sure adding a preference to try to workaround a phone's headphone malfunction is the best idea. I'm all for having preferences (and there will be ones available in the next-gen version of the app); however I don't want to add a bunch of useless (to most people) preferences.
    ah okay. It does seem like I'm hearing those pops a lot lately. I'll take it in.

excellent news about the boolmarks!
    I know there's a patch in the stock music player app that lets the app ignore "A", "An" and "The" when they appear at the beginning of a name, so that for example "The Beatles" sorts under B instead of T. Is there a way to make the Remix app do the same?

Love the Remix app, by the way. Any idea if/when the next version will be released?

Thanks.
    this may have been asked already but can you add a 'total plays' like in itunes? It doesn't have to be listed anywhere but it could be cool to have a separate thing at the main menu below genres that says 'my top 25' or 'my top 10' and then there it has the songs listed with the number of times it's been played. Just a thought
    Say thanks when you're helped
    I spent a lot of time reorganizing my songs with Windows Media Player 11 and have all the songs in a great order (for me). I totally deleted all the songs off my palm pre and after totally sorting and categorizing them on the pc, I copied the entire directory to my pre. BUT not all the organizational structure is intact. Some genres that I "created" came over but many others did not. When I select genre on the remix player, it lumps about half of my songs into a category it calls "other" even though I have checked the file properties and they are listed properly per song, etc. What am I doing wrong????
  13.    #2473  
    Quote Originally Posted by kapharis View Post
    I spent a lot of time reorganizing my songs with Windows Media Player 11 and have all the songs in a great order (for me). I totally deleted all the songs off my palm pre and after totally sorting and categorizing them on the pc, I copied the entire directory to my pre. BUT not all the organizational structure is intact. Some genres that I "created" came over but many others did not. When I select genre on the remix player, it lumps about half of my songs into a category it calls "other" even though I have checked the file properties and they are listed properly per song, etc. What am I doing wrong????
    I had this problem initially. Try using a free application called Media Monkey. When I transferred my music over using Media Monkey, my genres transferred over correctly

14.    #2474  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgordonfan View Post
    this may have been asked already but can you add a 'total plays' like in itunes? It doesn't have to be listed anywhere but it could be cool to have a separate thing at the main menu below genres that says 'my top 25' or 'my top 10' and then there it has the songs listed with the number of times it's been played. Just a thought
    I would definitely like to add something like this, but I'm going to wait and see if play counts are going to be provided via the webOS media library API in the next version of webOS. If not, then I may decide to store them within the app and implement this type of feature.

15.    #2475  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samizdat2003 View Post
    I know there's a patch in the stock music player app that lets the app ignore "A", "An" and "The" when they appear at the beginning of a name, so that for example "The Beatles" sorts under B instead of T. Is there a way to make the Remix app do the same?

Love the Remix app, by the way. Any idea if/when the next version will be released?

Thanks.
    I have it on my to-do list to implement a similar fix; however I haven't done it yet.

The next version of the app will be released to the app catalog sometime later this year when the media library APIs are opened up in an upcoming version of webOS.

16.    #2476  
    I'm happy to be able to finally share with everyone a sneak peak of Music Player (Remix) 2.0, the next generation music listening experience on webOS.

View the details here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...o-preview.html

Or you can get the video link directly below in my signature.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 08/14/2010 at 11:31 PM.

Came in handy on a recent road trip.
  18.    #2478  
    I've posted some screenshots of Music Player (Remix) 2.0 in the "sneak preview" thread I linked in my last post. Check them out!

The Sneak Peak of Music Remix 2.0 look mighty awesome!

So is Palm/HP going to let you enter this into the App Catalog?
  20.    #2480  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    The Sneak Peak of Music Remix 2.0 look mighty awesome!

So is Palm/HP going to let you enter this into the App Catalog?
    Thanks! They will once the media indexing API is released which is supposed to happen in the next "fall" webOS update.