Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2523
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sure Jason won't mind me jumping in but you're in the wrong forum. The Music Player (Remix) app was created by me. Support for the app can be found in the Hedami developer forum.

To answer your question, the current "Ignore A, An, The" patch does not work on Music Player (Remix) and currently this fix has not been implemented into Music Player (Remix).

EDIT: The post I'm responding to above was originally posted in another developer's forum. It has since been moved here which is the correct place to get support for Music Player (Remix).
    Oops! Sorry for the mispost. I thought I'd navigated to the correct Forum. Glad you moved the post. So then, to be clear, I really don't need the current "Ignore A, An, The" patch as it does not work on Music Player (Remix) and I've hidden the default installed Music Player app in favor of using the Remix version. One less patch to track (for the moment).
  2.    #2442  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Oops! Sorry for the mispost. I thought I'd navigated to the correct Forum. Glad you moved the post. So then, to be clear, I really don't need the current "Ignore A, An, The" patch as it does not work on Music Player (Remix) and I've hidden the default installed Music Player app in favor of using the Remix version. One less patch to track (for the moment).
    That's correct.
    I'm sorry if this question is covered elsewhere, but I can't find it by searching if so and while I've read many of the posts on this thread, I haven't read all 123 pages...

Is there anyway to play a playlist or simply an album without shuffling the songs? Some albums are meant to be played in song order, or if I have a new album, I generally want to listen to it straight through as it's delivered. And if you've created a playlist with the songs in a particular order, sometimes you want them played in that order.

It's really frustrating that I can't do this in the delivered music app, and I don't seem to be able to find a way to do it with Remix either.
  4.    #2444  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I'm sorry if this question is covered elsewhere, but I can't find it by searching if so and while I've read many of the posts on this thread, I haven't read all 123 pages...

Is there anyway to play a playlist or simply an album without shuffling the songs? Some albums are meant to be played in song order, or if I have a new album, I generally want to listen to it straight through as it's delivered. And if you've created a playlist with the songs in a particular order, sometimes you want them played in that order.

It's really frustrating that I can't do this in the delivered music app, and I don't seem to be able to find a way to do it with Remix either.
    If you bring up the "Albums" screen and select an album, then tap on the first song in the album, it'll play the songs in the track order (as defined by the track number saved in the file's tag).

When you mention "playlist", do you mean the kind you create on your computer, or the ones you create on your device ("flylists")? If you mean the kind created on your computer, on the "Playlists" screen, you can choose to sort by "Original Order" and then tap the first song in the playlist to play that list in its original order. If you mean flylists, I will be adding the ability to change the sort order of items in a flylist.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    !@#$ - seriously it was that easy?!? I just figured tapping a song would play that song only... I didn't realize it would start with that one and play the rest in the list. Thanks but sheesh - sorry to be a bother.

And yeah, I was talking about the playlists, not flylists.
  6.    #2446  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    !@#$ - seriously it was that easy?!? I just figured tapping a song would play that song only... I didn't realize it would start with that one and play the rest in the list. Thanks but sheesh - sorry to be a bother.

And yeah, I was talking about the playlists, not flylists.
    I'm glad I could help.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I love this app, and have been patiently waiting for an update to fix bugs. Particularly, the bug that causes the playlist to shuffle when loading from a playlist, flylist, or bookmark. Anything like this coming soon?
  8.    #2448  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    I love this app, and have been patiently waiting for an update to fix bugs. Particularly, the bug that causes the playlist to shuffle when loading from a playlist, flylist, or bookmark. Anything like this coming soon?
    All bugs are being fixed in the next-gen version of the app being prepared for the app catalog. Its release is dependent on Palm making the media library APIs public which is supposed to happen "by fall".
    Hi,
    I don't know if it's only mine problem, but I can't load playlists generated by winamp properly. Well, I can load, but in wrong sort. It's quite a problem in audiobooks. If it's a bug, please fix it.
    I would like to automatically start application on place I leave it (i.e. chapter 5) instead of loading it from the beginning all the time.
    Excuse me, if it was discussed already.
    Thank you for your work.
    Regards,
    Krecony
  10.    #2450  
    Quote Originally Posted by krecony View Post
    Hi,
    I don't know if it's only mine problem, but I can't load playlists generated by winamp properly. Well, I can load, but in wrong sort. It's quite a problem in audiobooks. If it's a bug, please fix it.
    I would like to automatically start application on place I leave it (i.e. chapter 5) instead of loading it from the beginning all the time.
    Excuse me, if it was discussed already.
    Thank you for your work.
    Regards,
    Krecony
    So if you exit the application, then go back in and select "Resume Play" at the top of the screen, it doesn't resume where you left off? Does it resume the same track, but at the beginning? How big is the audio file you're playing (in hours or minutes)?

All bugs are being fixed in the next-gen version of the app being prepared for the app catalog. Its release is dependent on Palm making the media library APIs public which is supposed to happen "by fall".
    Any thought on releasing a test version of your next-generation application to the PreCentral community before Palm's update?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12.    #2452  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Any thought on releasing a test version of your next-generation application to the PreCentral community before Palm's update?
    I do want to get feedback from others before releasing the app to the global community. So yes, I will be releasing a beta version to a group of PreCentral members who have actively participated in the Music Player (Remix) thread. The people participating in this thread are the ones who have inspired some of the great features already in the homebrew version, as well as some of the features being added to the next-gen version.

For GeoStrings, I made the mistake of inviting some people who were not really interested in that type of app and didn't provide good feedback (some did though and thanks to them!). But for Music Player (Remix), I want everyone using the beta app to really have a deep interest in listening to music on the go.

I don't plan on having an open beta because I don't want people involved who just want access to a free app. I want people who will actively participate in providing feedback and ideas.

So if you exit the application, then go back in and select "Resume Play" at the top of the screen, it doesn't resume where you left off? Does it resume the same track, but at the beginning? How big is the audio file you're playing (in hours or minutes)?
    Yes, resume works fine on audiobook I've just tested. Thank you for your help. I've deleted the last audiobook, unfortunately, but I try to check again size of the files.
    What do you think about such behavior (as you can see at screenshots). I'm loading playlist (made in winamp), than I can see all files in correct order (pic. 1), then start playing from part 24 (pic. 2) or next time from file 31 (pic. 3) in list view. Am I doing something wrong?
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #2454  
    Yes, resume works fine on audiobook I've just tested. Thank you for your help. I've deleted the last audiobook, unfortunately, but I try to check again size of the files.
    What do you think about such behavior (as you can see at screenshots). I'm loading playlist (made in winamp), than I can see all files in correct order (pic. 1), then start playing from part 24 (pic. 2) or next time from file 31 (pic. 3) in list view. Am I doing something wrong?
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Try tapping the shuffle button at the bottom left corner of the screen. This should switch the playlist out of shuffle mode.
    Than you very much for your help and sorry for confusion
    Regards,
    Krecony
  16.    #2456  
    Than you very much for your help and sorry for confusion
    Regards,
    Krecony
    I'm glad I could help.
    Is there a way to start playing random titles from the available mp3, and at some point stop the random and keep on reading from current directory ?

So far I couldn't figure out how to do so, and also I couldn't even figure out what was the location of the currently played song, in order to manually play that album.
    I am stuck with either "choose the album you want to listen to" or "listen to random songs", when all I want to be able to go from one to the other.

Is there something I'm missing or is it the app missing something ?
  18.    #2458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Somatt View Post
    Is there a way to start playing random titles from the available mp3, and at some point stop the random and keep on reading from current directory ?

So far I couldn't figure out how to do so, and also I couldn't even figure out what was the location of the currently played song, in order to manually play that album.
    I am stuck with either "choose the album you want to listen to" or "listen to random songs", when all I want to be able to go from one to the other.

Is there something I'm missing or is it the app missing something ?
    There's no way to bring up songs in the same physical directory that the currently playing song is located. However if you have your songs tagged properly, you can swipe up or down on the album art to display the albums of the artist currently playing. You can then load up the album the song resides on.

By the way, this particular feature has been re-designed in the next-gen version of the app. Its new implementation is a bit more intuitive than the current version.

Try tapping the shuffle button at the bottom left corner of the screen. This should switch the playlist out of shuffle mode.
    Well, you've solved all my problems by now. maybe you have got some more patience. But I have two more unfortunately.
    - some of my audiobook files doesn't play to the end. I've chceked them, they are OK, and plays in winamp till the end. But lot of them ends few seconds before the end so I miss some final words or phrase from time to time. I've just tested it today on one example file, and every time some final seconds were missed. This example file is:
    - 8619072 bytes;
    - 1077 seconds long;
    - MPEG-2 leyer 3;
    - 64 kb/s;
    - 24000 Hz Joint Stereo;
    - can I switch off this shuffle button located at bottom left corner permanently? Every time when I choose "resume playing" I can hear from the place I've finished before, but it's switched on, and if I didn't switch it off manually, the next part is choosen accidentally without order which is not good for audiobook listening
    TIA
    Regards,
    Krecony
  20.    #2460  
    Well, you've solved all my problems by now. maybe you have got some more patience. But I have two more unfortunately.
    - some of my audiobook files doesn't play to the end. I've chceked them, they are OK, and plays in winamp till the end. But lot of them ends few seconds before the end so I miss some final words or phrase from time to time. I've just tested it today on one example file, and every time some final seconds were missed. This example file is:
    - 8619072 bytes;
    - 1077 seconds long;
    - MPEG-2 leyer 3;
    - 64 kb/s;
    - 24000 Hz Joint Stereo;
    - can I switch off this shuffle button located at bottom left corner permanently? Every time when I choose "resume playing" I can hear from the place I've finished before, but it's switched on, and if I didn't switch it off manually, the next part is choosen accidentally without order which is not good for audiobook listening
    TIA
    Regards,
    Krecony
    There is a known issue with some longer files. Can you try the same file in the built-in music app and see if it does the same thing? If so it's very possible it's a webOS bug, and not specific to the Remix app.

Currently the shuffle preference is not saved in the auto-bookmark. This is something I'll be working on.