Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2523
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I appreciate the offer; however adding last.fm scrobbling support is not a trivial task and therefore it's something I would rather handle myself. ... The main reason I haven't worked on it yet is because I want to see what the final version of the webOS media indexing API will look like. This is the private API being used by the app to retrieve the list of songs/albums/artists/playlists/etc. It's very possible Palm is going to completely re-do this API later this year when they make it public. Theoretically, they could provide a play count via the API. So it would be silly for me to design a mechanism to track play count when it may be provided to me via the API (and really that would be the best way to do it...instead of having every single music app keep track of their own play counts).
    My understanding of the main behavior a client is supposed to perform is: once the user has listened to over half the song (as measured as a percentage of the song), once the user stops listening to the song, the client sends the song info to the server. Last.fm keeps track of play count itself. I don't think you need to wait for a WebOS update for this.
  2.    #2422  
    Quote Originally Posted by hochstrb View Post
    My understanding of the main behavior a client is supposed to perform is: once the user has listened to over half the song (as measured as a percentage of the song), once the user stops listening to the song, the client sends the song info to the server. Last.fm keeps track of play count itself. I don't think you need to wait for a WebOS update for this.
    Yeah that makes sense.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    ooh in the next release, could you include a recently added playlist? maybe even a rating system to sort through songs.
  4.    #2424  
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    ooh in the next release, could you include a recently added playlist? maybe even a rating system to sort through songs.
    I think both ideas are good and I've thought of them myself; however this really needs to be done within webOS. Ideally webOS would keep track of the date/time songs were added to the music library, as well as their ratings, and would provide this information via API calls.

For an app to keep track of recently added songs, it would have to keep a record of all songs in the library previously loaded in the app and then compare the new song list to the old list. This would be quite slow and cumbersome. It would be much better for webOS to keep track of this information and then allow an app to query the music library and sort by the timestamp.

It would be cool to be able to rate songs, as well as sort by rating; however again I think webOS should provide this information (as retrieved from the ID3 tags) and then provide an API for apps to write this data back to the ID3 tags. If this type of API is not provided in the next major webOS update, I think implementing a custom rating system within the app may benefit some users. However I can also imagine other users being unhappy with the inability to save the ratings back to the actual files. So most likely, I won't be implementing a rating system unless webOS provides the appropriate APIs.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Couldn't you just look at the songs that have been modified most recently? Like in a file manager, I just have the songs sorted out with the one added most recently on the top.

And I agree with you on the rating thing. It's kinda beyond your control and is much harder than it sounds. Do you have any suggestions on album artwork, I always end up with just a blank album picture.
  6.    #2426  
    Couldn't you just look at the songs that have been modified most recently? Like in a file manager, I just have the songs sorted out with the one added most recently on the top.
    The app uses a "listSongs" API call to retrieve all the songs in the music library. The current API doesn't return "date/time modified" information, so no currently there is no way to sort songs by "date/time modified".

Do you have any suggestions on album artwork, I always end up with just a blank album picture.
    I had the same issue where many of my songs did not have their album art transfer over when copying them in USB mode or syncing them via Windows Media Player. However now I'm connecting the device using "Media Sync" mode. To enable this option when plugging in your device, go to the "Device Info" app and in the Preferences menu, select "Enable Media Sync".

I then transfer my music over using the "automatic sync" option in Media Monkey (a free application). Under the options you can choose to have Media Monkey embed the album art into the music file tags. Since doing this all of my existing album art is now viewable on the device. And for any files that don't have any album art, you can use Media Monkey to find the album art on the web and save it to the file.

I had the same issue where many of my songs did not have their album art transfer over when copying them in USB mode or syncing them via Windows Media Player. However now I'm connecting the device using "Media Sync" mode. To enable this option when plugging in your device, go to the "Device Info" app and in the Preferences menu, select "Enable Media Sync".
    Ahh thank you, I've been trying to figure out how to get Media Sync to work. Thanks, I'll be sure to try that soon.
    Hello Friends, I just joined this forum last week and upgraded to a Palm Pre on the Sprint network. I recently added Music Player Remix from HomeBrew. Whenever I try to launch it the screen freezes and displays, "Music Player Remix LOADING...". I would appreciate any of your suggestions. Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Hello Friends, I just joined this forum last week and upgraded to a Palm Pre on the Sprint network. I recently added Music Player Remix from HomeBrew. Whenever I try to launch it the screen freezes and displays, "Music Player Remix LOADING...". I would appreciate any of your suggestions. Thank You.
    Yep, this has happened to me once or twice a while back. It usually works if I close it and reopen it. Try restarting your device (Hold the power button) or reset it (orange button+symbol+r).
  10.    #2430  
    Connect the device to your computer in "USB Mode" and copy a new MP3 file to the device. Disconnect the USB cable, then run the app. It should then load.

Yes, I'm aware there are issues with saving bookmarks in very long files. In the example file I have (that another user sent me), if I save the bookmark before the 08:00:00 mark, it works. After that, it doesn't. Can you tell me if saving the bookmark earlier in the file works for you?
    I've been trying to save within the first few minutes just to test it out. Doesn't work.
  12.    #2432  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wupower View Post
    I've been trying to save within the first few minutes just to test it out. Doesn't work.
    That's interesting. The 8+ hour track I have doesn't exhibit this behavior. It only fails to restore the bookmark time after 08:00:00. What is the shortest track you have that exhibits this behavior (not restoring a bookmark saved in the first few minutes of the track)?

DanPLC... when is the next version coming out?
  14.    #2434  
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    DanPLC... when is the next version coming out?
    The next version will be released in the app catalog once Palm makes the now private media library API public. They've said it should be this fall.
    a few questions

1.when going to the artist and album menus and after selecting the artist/album the songs in there are not organized alphabetically like there are in the songs menu.why is it doing this?any solutions or will this be fixed in a later version?

2.the text changes from black to a bright white randomly(or so i think)with my wallpaper the white text makes it a little bit of a pain to read is there a fix for this?
  16.    #2436  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    1.when going to the artist and album menus and after selecting the artist/album the songs in there are not organized alphabetically like there are in the songs menu.why is it doing this?any solutions or will this be fixed in a later version?
    It sorts songs by album track # when viewing the songs in an album. One of the items on my list is to add an option to displays songs sorted by track # or alphabetically.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    2.the text changes from black to a bright white randomly(or so i think)with my wallpaper the white text makes it a little bit of a pain to read is there a fix for this?
    There are a few known issues with font color; however they have been eliminated due to the re-design of the app's visual design.

If I hide the default installed Music Player in favor of using your Music (Remix) app, does it still make sense to have installed the "Ignore A, An, The" patch or does your fabulous (really) Music (Remix) app already ignore those?

Thank you.
    Connect the device to your computer in "USB Mode" and copy a new MP3 file to the device. Disconnect the USB cable, then run the app. It should then load.
    Hello, thank you for your answer. I tried everything you instructed me to do but still the musci player screen is stuck at, LOADING.... I also reboot the Pre, restart the player, I even removed it and re-installed the player without success. And, I have about 2 or 3 mp3s on it. So, not sure what to do at this point. Everything else works on the Pre, just not the Music Player Remix. thanks again.
  19.    #2439  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    If I hide the default installed Music Player in favor of using your Music (Remix) app, does it still make sense to have installed the "Ignore A, An, The" patch or does your fabulous (really) Music (Remix) app already ignore those?

Thank you.
    I'm sure Jason won't mind me jumping in but you're in the wrong forum. The Music Player (Remix) app was created by me. Support for the app can be found in the Hedami developer forum.

To answer your question, the current "Ignore A, An, The" patch does not work on Music Player (Remix) and currently this fix has not been implemented into Music Player (Remix).

EDIT: The post I'm responding to above was originally posted in another developer's forum. It has since been moved here which is the correct place to get support for Music Player (Remix).
    Last edited by DanPLC; 07/15/2010 at 01:28 PM.

20.    #2440  
    Hello, thank you for your answer. I tried everything you instructed me to do but still the musci player screen is stuck at, LOADING.... I also reboot the Pre, restart the player, I even removed it and re-installed the player without success. And, I have about 2 or 3 mp3s on it. So, not sure what to do at this point. Everything else works on the Pre, just not the Music Player Remix. thanks again.
    You mentioned that you had 2 or 3 MP3s on your device. Have you tried adding new ones since then? Do so by following these steps:

1) Close the Music Player (Remix) app.
    2) Connect your USB cable to the device.
    3) Select "USB Mode" from the popup.
    4) Copy a new MP3 file (one not already on your device) to your device
    5) Right-click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen (assuming you're running Windows) and stop the device. Once it says you can safely remove the device, disconnect it and let it power back up. (NOTE: If you're running an OS other than Windows, follow the proper steps for your OS to safely remove USB devices).
    6) Run the Music Player (Remix) app

Also make sure you're running the latest version of the app which is 0.12.3.

This method has worked for everyone else who reported this issue. Let me know what happens.