Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2523
  1.    #2401  
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    I want to add my thanks for this great app.

I have one question that could turn out to be a feature request. I can't seem to find a way to create a random playlist that I can play from beginning to end, and be able to pick up where I left off after exiting the program. Right now, if I resume after closing and re-opening the program, it resumes the last song I was on, but creates a new random list from there forward.

Thanks again,
    --Ira
    Yeah I've thought of this myself. I'll investigate this.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for a great app. I've been using it since Day 1. I've search a bit for answers, I probably just suck at using the right keywords, but anyway. The program has been flawless for me since its inception. However, now that I'm attending school there are download-able lectures that my professors make available. Sometimes these lectures are 2-3 hours long. At the end of long mp3 files (I've tried them on some of the short length lectures of about an hour) the remix player will simply skip the end and move on to the next track. Is this a known issue scheduled to be address? Could the problem be related to either long files, or files over a specific size? Possibly a non-mp3 format might be better? Thanks in advance for your time, and hope you have a great weekend!
  3.    #2403  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldnar View Post
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for a great app. I've been using it since Day 1. I've search a bit for answers, I probably just suck at using the right keywords, but anyway. The program has been flawless for me since its inception. However, now that I'm attending school there are download-able lectures that my professors make available. Sometimes these lectures are 2-3 hours long. At the end of long mp3 files (I've tried them on some of the short length lectures of about an hour) the remix player will simply skip the end and move on to the next track. Is this a known issue scheduled to be address? Could the problem be related to either long files, or files over a specific size? Possibly a non-mp3 format might be better? Thanks in advance for your time, and hope you have a great weekend!
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes this is an issue that has been reported before. However some people have mentioned that it happens with the built-in music app as well. Do you experience the same issue with the built-in app?

Awhile back someone sent me a long file to try out, so I definitely plan on investigating this.
    Just downloaded the app & I love it. I have one quick question, though. I use Media Monkey for my PC library (iTunes got too big & resource hungry). MM recognized my Pre and transferred my playlists just fine (well, a little slow). Remix plays my files just fine, but can't find the playlists. They are posted in a folder on the Pre named Playlists in .M3U format. What do I need to do to get Remix to find these playlists?

Sorry if this has been already covered in this thread. I tried to search it, but it's 121 pages long.
  5.    #2405  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
    Just downloaded the app & I love it. I have one quick question, though. I use Media Monkey for my PC library (iTunes got too big & resource hungry). MM recognized my Pre and transferred my playlists just fine (well, a little slow). Remix plays my files just fine, but can't find the playlists. They are posted in a folder on the Pre named Playlists in .M3U format. What do I need to do to get Remix to find these playlists?

Sorry if this has been already covered in this thread. I tried to search it, but it's 121 pages long.
    I haven't personally tried transferring playlists using Media Monkey. So I don't have recommended instructions on how to do that. However instructions on how to create M3U files in Windows Media Player and having them transfer over are posted earlier in this thread. Search the thread for "M3U" to find those step-by-step instructions.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    fyi: "Music Player Remix" is unable to install on webOS 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSchmidt View Post
    fyi: "Music Player Remix" is unable to install on webOS 1.4.5
    obviously my fault; now installed on webOS 1.4.5. Now I try if it works correctly.
  8.    #2408  
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSchmidt View Post
    obviously my fault; now installed on webOS 1.4.5. Now I try if it works correctly.
    I'm sure it'll work fine. There are no major changes in this webOS release other than those related to the PDK which is not applicable to Music Player (Remix).
    There have been a number of users who've requested last.fm scrobbling support which I too would really like to see added. I have some free time coming up I'd like to spend working on adding that. I could try first creating a patch to Palm's Music Player, and then submit it to you for inclusion in MP(R). Or do you think it'd be easier if I just start with the source to MP(R)?
  10.    #2410  
    Quote Originally Posted by hochstrb View Post
    There have been a number of users who've requested last.fm scrobbling support which I too would really like to see added. I have some free time coming up I'd like to spend working on adding that. I could try first creating a patch to Palm's Music Player, and then submit it to you for inclusion in MP(R). Or do you think it'd be easier if I just start with the source to MP(R)?
    I appreciate the offer; however adding last.fm scrobbling support is not a trivial task and therefore it's something I would rather handle myself. If it was something that required a few lines of code, then I wouldn't have a problem taking your code changes and incorporating them into Music Player (Remix). Of course if that was true, I would have done it myself already.

For changes like this that require extensive code changes and design (keeping track of play counts in a database, accessing web services, etc.), I prefer to do it myself.

I have it on my list to investigate last.fm scrobbling since several people have requested it. Most likely, it will not be included in the first release of the next-gen version of the app. The main reason I haven't worked on it yet is because I want to see what the final version of the webOS media indexing API will look like. This is the private API being used by the app to retrieve the list of songs/albums/artists/playlists/etc. It's very possible Palm is going to completely re-do this API later this year when they make it public. Theoretically, they could provide a play count via the API. So it would be silly for me to design a mechanism to track play count when it may be provided to me via the API (and really that would be the best way to do it...instead of having every single music app keep track of their own play counts).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

im having a very small problem ever so often(it actually rarely occurs so its not big a deal)the song will go back to the very beginning of the song during the middle of the song
  12.    #2412  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    im having a very small problem ever so often(it actually rarely occurs so its not big a deal)the song will go back to the very beginning of the song during the middle of the song
    I've never had this happen. If you can find a way to reproduce it, or if you can determine if this happens in certain songs, let me know.

dont think its certain i have this 1 song on repeat.it went back to the beginning once then the rest were fine(listned to about 6 times so far).not sure if i can reproduce it.my phone is sitting in front of my computer not even touching it when it happened.another time when i was reading and it was on the pillow right beside me.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    sometimes i have to tripple click my headset to advance a track...not sure y this happens
  15.    #2415  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    dont think its certain i have this 1 song on repeat.it went back to the beginning once then the rest were fine(listned to about 6 times so far).not sure if i can reproduce it.my phone is sitting in front of my computer not even touching it when it happened.another time when i was reading and it was on the pillow right beside me.
    The only thing that I can imagine causing this behavior is a strangely encoded music file. I know I have a music file that always cuts out early and switches to the next track when I play it (this happens in any MP3 player I run it on).

I've never had a song start over from the beginning. Until I know how to recreate the issue (assuming it's not related to a strangely encoded music file), I won't be able to fix the issue.

16.    #2416  
    Quote Originally Posted by benga View Post
    sometimes i have to tripple click my headset to advance a track...not sure y this happens
    I don't use a headset with controls, but I imagine it's probably that the device sometimes isn't registering the two clicks as a double-click. This is probably not something I'm going to be able to fix in my app since the app is being told when a double-click is registered.

If I'm playing a song, and go back to the main page, I have to hit Resume Playing, not Now Playing. It stops what I'm listening to and goes to a new song.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm trying to find some way to listen to my loooong audiobook files from NetLibrary that allows me to bookmark the MP3 file on my Pre. This software does not work! It shows the bookmark saving, but just returns me back to the beginning. It works for some TED talks I have on there which are about an hour long. But audiobooks are, of course, much longer, 6-20 hours, and I don't think I have any application that will allow me to play this on my Pre now functionally.
  19.    #2419  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    If I'm playing a song, and go back to the main page, I have to hit Resume Playing, not Now Playing. It stops what I'm listening to and goes to a new song.
    Yes this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next-gen version of the app.

20.    #2420  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wupower View Post
    I'm trying to find some way to listen to my loooong audiobook files from NetLibrary that allows me to bookmark the MP3 file on my Pre. This software does not work! It shows the bookmark saving, but just returns me back to the beginning. It works for some TED talks I have on there which are about an hour long. But audiobooks are, of course, much longer, 6-20 hours, and I don't think I have any application that will allow me to play this on my Pre now functionally.
    Yes, I'm aware there are issues with saving bookmarks in very long files. In the example file I have (that another user sent me), if I save the bookmark before the 08:00:00 mark, it works. After that, it doesn't. Can you tell me if saving the bookmark earlier in the file works for you?