Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2523
  1.    #2382  
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    I might be wrong about this, but I don't anticipate many people wanting this type of patch. I know I'd be annoyed if the app closed when the headphones got accidentally pulled. When I do any type of strenuous activity, the headphones sometimes are detached and I'd hate to have to re-open the app everytime that happened. The current behavior (pausing the music) is perfect.

I don't particularly want people posting patches to the app publicly. The reason being is that I provide support for this app (as you can tell by the size of this thread) and I'd hate to have people start reporting issues that landed up being because they modified the code with a patch I didn't support/endorse.

Since the next-gen version of this app is currently being developed, I recommend people post their ideas here. Any ideas that I believe will provide a benefit to my userbase will get incorporated. So if other people chime in that they'd love to see this type of feature (as an option on the Preferences screen), then I'll implement it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I might be wrong about this, but I don't anticipate many people wanting this type of patch. I know I'd be annoyed if the app closed when the headphones got accidentally pulled. When I do any type of strenuous activity, the headphones sometimes are detached and I'd hate to have to re-open the app everytime that happened. The current behavior (pausing the music) is perfect.

I don't particularly want people posting patches to the app publicly. The reason being is that I provide support for this app (as you can tell by the size of this thread) and I'd hate to have people start reporting issues that landed up being because they modified the code with a patch I didn't support/endorse.

Since the next-gen version of this app is currently being developed, I recommend people post their ideas here. Any ideas that I believe will provide a benefit to my userbase will get incorporated. So if other people chime in that they'd love to see this type of feature (as an option on the Preferences screen), then I'll implement it.
    Seems to me a better way to get this requested "feature" would be to use the app Mode Switcher.

There is to be a headphone "jack" trigger eventually created for Mode Switcher.
  3.    #2384  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Seems to me a better way to get this requested "feature" would be to use the app Mode Switcher.

There is to be a headphone "jack" trigger eventually created for Mode Switcher.
    I'd be surprised if Mode Switcher (or any other app) would have the permission to close another app. So while MS may have a headphone jack trigger in the future, I doubt it would be able to fulfill the other requirement of closing Music Player (Remix).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I'd be surprised if Mode Switcher (or any other app) would have the permission to close another app. So while MS may have a headphone jack trigger in the future, I doubt it would be able to fulfill the other requirement of closing Music Player (Remix).
    Well I am not sure if it is the same or not (how the apps are being closed), but I know when a mode is closed, it can be set to close the apps opened when that mode was activated.

ie. I have a car mode that I switch into when I'm in my car. It launches Remix and then closes Remix when I switch out of my car mode.

On a side note: I am really looking forward to your new Remix release! Keep up the great work.
  5.    #2386  
    Well I am not sure if it is the same or not (how the apps are being closed), but I know when a mode is closed, it can be set to close the apps opened when that mode was activated.

ie. I have a car mode that I switch into when I'm in my car. It launches Remix and then closes Remix when I switch out of my car mode.
    Wow really... That's pretty cool. I'll have to ask sconix how he does that. Well in that case, MS should be able to handle this once he adds the headphone trigger.

On a side note: I am really looking forward to your new Remix release! Keep up the great work.
    Thanks a lot!

For the alphabet selector on the Songs etc screen, can it be more like the iOS version, where you slide your finger up and down to choose the letter? Also with that, if you choose like...D, it'll go to D, but if I choose a letter before D, such as B, it'll load at the bottom of B, not at the top. If I choose a later letter like F it'll load F fine. It's just when you go back in letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7.    #2388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    For the alphabet selector on the Songs etc screen, can it be more like the iOS version, where you slide your finger up and down to choose the letter? Also with that, if you choose like...D, it'll go to D, but if I choose a letter before D, such as B, it'll load at the bottom of B, not at the top. If I choose a later letter like F it'll load F fine. It's just when you go back in letters.
    Yeah I know what you mean about it sometimes not starting at the top of the alphabet results. I'm going to be working on revamping the way I do the alphabet selector. Hopefully I can get this to improve.

I'm also going to fiddle with different UI ideas (such as the iOS way). However what I've found to be the difficult part of using the current alphabet selector is its current width. It can be difficult to find with your finger. So I've made it wider and it's much easier now.

Yeah I know what you mean about it sometimes not starting at the top of the alphabet results. I'm going to be working on revamping the way I do the alphabet selector. Hopefully I can get this to improve.

I'm also going to fiddle with different UI ideas (such as the iOS way). However what I've found to be the difficult part of using the current alphabet selector is its current width. It can be difficult to find with your finger. So I've made it wider and it's much easier now.
    Sweet. I've been considering the app for a while, since I don't listen to music much I didn't really care. But lately I've just been making my Pre better, so why not a better music app. I have noticed a glitch, the Shuffle all button, the albums that are in it, the bottoms of the albums like appear and disappear when you're in Songs view or whatever. It's kind of weird. Great app though.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9.    #2390  
    Sweet. I've been considering the app for a while, since I don't listen to music much I didn't really care. But lately I've just been making my Pre better, so why not a better music app. I have noticed a glitch, the Shuffle all button, the albums that are in it, the bottoms of the albums like appear and disappear when you're in Songs view or whatever. It's kind of weird. Great app though.
    The "shuffle all" button as you know it is gone. These screens have been redesigned.

The "shuffle all" button as you know it is gone. These screens have been redesigned.
    When's the update?
  11.    #2392  
    When's the update?
    The new version of the app will be submitted to the app catalog when Palm publicizes the media indexing APIs. They've said it'll happen this fall. But in reality, I don't know the actual date.

The new version of the app will be submitted to the app catalog when Palm publicizes the media indexing APIs. They've said it'll happen this fall. But in reality, I don't know the actual date.
    Oh, so you're not going to update the one through Preware?
  13.    #2394  
    Oh, so you're not going to update the one through Preware?
    No the homebrew version in Preware will stay as is ("Remix Classic"). It'll be available for free to anyone that wants it; however the app catalog version will be the one receiving all the new updates/fixes/features. I think people will find that upgrading will be a good idea considering the number of improvements being made.

Also people who get the new version will be able to receive support from me (either on this forum or via email links available on the app's help screen). The old version will essentially become unsupported. I'll still answer questions about it, but if people post bugs/issues I'll direct them to the new version.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I might be wrong about this, but I don't anticipate many people wanting this type of patch.
    I agree. Then again, so long as it's a preference defaulted to off, I wouldn't care if it existed.

A number of the views (Artist, Album...) override the background image, but not all of them do (Genres and Bookmarks do not). Is that by design?

Ron
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to post a few screenshots of the new design, just to whet our impatient appetites?

ron
  16.    #2397  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    A number of the views (Artist, Album...) override the background image, but not all of them do (Genres and Bookmarks do not). Is that by design?
    No, it's a bug. It's fixed in the new version.

17.    #2398  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to post a few screenshots of the new design, just to whet our impatient appetites?

ron
    No, but I will be posting a video. Some of the cool features wouldn't be done justice in static screenshots.

But over the past 3 weeks I took a break from Music Player (Remix) to create Web Hopper. So I haven't made any progress on it. But now I'll get back into it. Once I finish some of the features, then I'll post a video. But right now it wouldn't make sense since certain things don't work.

Awesome! This is one of my favorite apps. Great work. I can't wait to get the new version.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I want to add my thanks for this great app.

I have one question that could turn out to be a feature request. I can't seem to find a way to create a random playlist that I can play from beginning to end, and be able to pick up where I left off after exiting the program. Right now, if I resume after closing and re-opening the program, it resumes the last song I was on, but creates a new random list from there forward.

Thanks again,
    --Ira