Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I found that the window frame doesn't adjust when I have the charging icon in the bottom. The result is the track time is covered by the icon buttons from the player, circled below in the attachment. Just an FYI. Great app nonetheless!!! Thanks again!

Attachment 29088
    Yeah I noticed that too. In its original configuration, I had to make the progress slider smaller because someone on here mentioned that for songs greater than an hour, the time indicators wrapped to the next line. And I didn't want to leave the slider so short, so I decided to move the time indicators underneath.

I guess I could move them above the slider, but I didn't think this looked as nice.

What do you think is the best option?
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawadvisors View Post
    I think the music app is awesome. Great job. Maybe another poster has addressed this but is there anyway a volume slider could be added in a future version to more finely tune the headphone output. I've found that the volume buttons on the PRE increase or decrease the volume too dramatically-thus the volume level goes from too soft to way too loud. More control over the volume would make the app perfect in my opinion.
    I agree that the resolution of the volume buttons is too large. However, I could not find anything in the SDK to allow for adjusting volume. If someone knows how to do this, please let me know.
    i have about 1300 songs, and it looks like none of the letters work. i keep getting the same gray box saying that there are no songs starting with that letter when in fact i do. to reproduce this problem:

1) go to the top-most level
    2) choose "songs" which should display ALL of the songs on your pre
    3) click on the ABC button and choose a letter

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    For the people who had issues with the Song List "ABC" button not working, can you tell me how to reproduce the problem? I just tried it again and it's working now every time. I can't reproduce the issue on either the emulator or on my device.
    Yeah I noticed that too. In its original configuration, I had to make the progress slider smaller because someone on here mentioned that for songs greater than an hour, the time indicators wrapped to the next line. And I didn't want to leave the slider so short, so I decided to move the time indicators underneath.

I guess I could move them above the slider, but I didn't think this looked as nice.

What do you think is the best option?
    You wouldn't have a screen shot of the time indicators above the slider do you?

Also, is there any way of making the icons collapse off of the screen if the screen isn't touched (and reappear when the screen is touched)? This would eliminate having to move the time indicators.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/29/2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    hey dan when will u implement playlists...lets say u have 500 songs but u want to have a playlist of like 50 and u add those songs in the playlist on a weekly basis depending on wut song is new or w.e...is that already on ur app or not?
    DanPLC – I just saw that the [ABC] menu has been removed from all playlists, with the thinking that most playlists are small. This is actually not always true, since playlists could be star-based for example, and a 3-star list could have thousands of songs. Playlists can be targeted (small count) or they can be pretty diverse (large count), so the new release is actually less usable than the previous one.

Reading the notes, it looks like this was due to space constraint. While removing the [ABC] link does open up some space for the playlist name, it doesn't solve the problem of playlist with longer names still being cut off. The only difference really is *where* it's cut off.

A solution that I'd recommend is to use the Title (text on the left side of the pill header bar) as the hit area to launch the [ABC] menu. This would be a much simpler interaction that could be implemented for pretty much all screen (with the exception of the main screen). The edge case, of course, would be when the screen only has a small number of items. But that's an edge case, because few if any users are going to want to invoke the [ABC] menu for a list that only has a few items.
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i have about 1300 songs, and it looks like none of the letters work. i keep getting the same gray box saying that there are no songs starting with that letter when in fact i do. to reproduce this problem:

1) go to the top-most level
    2) choose "songs" which should display ALL of the songs on your pre
    3) click on the ABC button and choose a letter
    I tried that and still can't reproduce the problem.

Did you install the latest version (0.6.2)? Have you tried restarting the app, going to "Songs", waiting for the list to come up, then trying the ABC function? Or are you trying after doing other activities?

Can you try deleting the app and re-installing it? (Keep in mind that any bookmarks you saved will also be deleted). I just tried re-installing it, to try it from scratch, and the ABC function still works.
  8.    #228  
    A solution that I'd recommend is to use the Title (text on the left side of the pill header bar) as the hit area to launch the [ABC] menu. This would be a much simpler interaction that could be implemented for pretty much all screen (with the exception of the main screen). The edge case, of course, would be when the screen only has a small number of items. But that's an edge case, because few if any users are going to want to invoke the [ABC] menu for a list that only has a few items.
    I think your solution is a really good idea; however, I don't think it's possible with the SDK. Looking at the documentation, I can't see any way to programatically open up the ListSelector.
    if the SDK doesn't allow you to attach an event to the title, maybe there's a way to fake it? is there a way to throw a div on top of that area, essentially making the area of the pill header bar that's NOT a button (like Now Playing, or List/Album) clickable to invoke the [ABC] list selector?

I think your solution is a really good idea; however, I don't think it's possible with the SDK. Looking at the documentation, I can't see any way to programatically open up the ListSelector.
  10.    #230  
    if the SDK doesn't allow you to attach an event to the title, maybe there's a way to fake it? is there a way to throw a div on top of that area, essentially making the area of the pill header bar that's NOT a button (like Now Playing, or List/Album) clickable to invoke the [ABC] list selector?
    The SDK allows you to attach an event to the title. What it doesn't allow you to do is open up the Alphabet list selector in the code.
    I tried that and still can't reproduce the problem.

Did you install the latest version (0.6.2)? Have you tried restarting the app, going to "Songs", waiting for the list to come up, then trying the ABC function? Or are you trying after doing other activities?
    Yes. I installed 0.6.2. I've tried restarting the app, going to "Songs" and waited and saw all the songs show up (i can scroll down to and confirm that a song does exist in "G" for example), then using the ABC function. Still no luck.

Can you try deleting the app and re-installing it? (Keep in mind that any bookmarks you saved will also be deleted). I just tried re-installing it, to try it from scratch, and the ABC function still works.
    I just tried deleting 0.6.2 with Preware and reinstalling it. This time the ABC will work for only A, B, and C just like the name says (sorry that was too hard to resist), but starting with D I'm getting the same error again. Could it be that it's still indexing and has only gotten to C?
    I tried reinstalling the app and still can't use the ABC button to get to a letter in the song list. I'm wondering if maybe a song name has an issue since I can go to A and B, but nothing else.

For the time, is there any way to get it to squish the album art when there's a notification?
    The SDK allows you to attach an event to the title. What it doesn't allow you to do is open up the Alphabet list selector in the code.
    i see. i may not be understanding how this works then. is there a difference in attaching the Alphabet list selector with the [ABC] link that you've created which vs. doing the same thing with the title?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    bluetooth not functional in remix
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    bluetooth not functional in remix
    I don't have a bluetooth device, so I can't test this. I assume you mean there is no audio coming from your device? I'm not sure how the modifications I made would affect bluetooth connectivity.
  16.    #236  
    i see. i may not be understanding how this works then. is there a difference in attaching the Alphabet list selector with the [ABC] link that you've created which vs. doing the same thing with the title?
    The "ABC" link is the ListSelector widget. It's not a separate element.
  17.    #237  
    I'm baffled by this ABC problem. I can't recreate it on my device. Is it working for anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawadvisors View Post
    is there anyway a volume slider could be added in a future version to more finely tune the headphone output. I've found that the volume buttons on the PRE increase or decrease the volume too dramatically-thus the volume level goes from too soft to way too loud. More control over the volume would make the app perfect in my opinion.
    I totally agree. I would love this feature. In the meantime I've attached a physical volume dial to the end of my headphones (got it at RadioShack).
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The ABC option works for me in Albums, but not in Songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    The ABC option works for me in Albums, but not in Songs.
    They work for me. However, I don't get an ABC option if I am in one of my playlists. All I get is an empty box at the top of the screen.