Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2523
  1. #2361  
    Does anyone else have the issue where resume playing can repeat the last minute or so of content if the application is closed and then reopened?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2362  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue where resume playing can repeat the last minute or so of content if the application is closed and then reopened?
    I'm sorry I'm not understanding your issue. Can you elaborate?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. #2363  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sorry I'm not understanding your issue. Can you elaborate?
    When playing a long podcast if I bookmark my current location, close Remix and then reopen it the playing starts 60 seconds earlier then the bookmark location.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #2364  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    When playing a long podcast if I bookmark my current location, close Remix and then reopen it the playing starts 60 seconds earlier then the bookmark location.
    Yes there's a known issue with bookmarks and very long audio files. I'm going to be investigating the issue.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5. dreDREb13's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #2365  
    Hey, I just downloaded the App, but any time I try and run it, it won't load. It opens, but just sits at the loading player, no matter how long I wait. I've done a luna restart and a full restart, but nothing fixes it. Any help would be appreciated.
  6.    #2366  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreDREb13 View Post
    Hey, I just downloaded the App, but any time I try and run it, it won't load. It opens, but just sits at the loading player, no matter how long I wait. I've done a luna restart and a full restart, but nothing fixes it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Connect the device to your computer in "USB Mode" and copy a new MP3 file to the device. Disconnect the USB cable, then run the app it should load.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #2367  
    i have been using this ap for ever and hope to see the next encarnation soon -- i have a slight issue -- My mp3's have been getting the last 30 seconds or so cut off -- i tried the native player and it does it to -- windows media player on my pc plays the entire mp3 ( this is particularly troublesome because i mostly listen to audio books and it cuts off the last part of each chapter -- any thing i can do to change a setting?

    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  8.    #2368  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have been using this ap for ever and hope to see the next encarnation soon -- i have a slight issue -- My mp3's have been getting the last 30 seconds or so cut off -- i tried the native player and it does it to -- windows media player on my pc plays the entire mp3 ( this is particularly troublesome because i mostly listen to audio books and it cuts off the last part of each chapter -- any thing i can do to change a setting?

    thanks
    Other people have reported similar issues with long files. I plan on investigating it; however if the native player is doing it too, it's very possible that it's a webOS issue and I may not be able to solve it. But I can't say until I look into it.

    The only thing I can think of to work around it would be to add an extra minute of dead space after long files. That way the extra dead space would be cut instead of the actual audio.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9. #2369  
    Just want to pop in and say congrats on the amazing app.
  10. #2370  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Other people have reported similar issues with long files. I plan on investigating it; however if the native player is doing it too, it's very possible that it's a webOS issue and I may not be able to solve it. But I can't say until I look into it.

    The only thing I can think of to work around it would be to add an extra minute of dead space after long files. That way the extra dead space would be cut instead of the actual audio.
    Thanks -- do you have any advice on how to add empty minutes to the end of a mp3?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11.    #2371  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Thanks -- do you have any advice on how to add empty minutes to the end of a mp3?
    You can use Audacity (a free application). Just open the MP3 file and place the cursor at the end of the timeline. Then select the "Generate" menu item. Then choose "Silence" and specify the amount of time you want to add. It'll add that amount of dead space at the end of the file.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #2372  
    the cutting off must have something with how the mp3 is encoded -- using audacity i added 1 min at the end and now the entire 1 min plays with no cut off --- must try adding 20 sec --- thanks again for the advice
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  13.    #2373  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    the cutting off must have something with how the mp3 is encoded -- using audacity i added 1 min at the end and now the entire 1 min plays with no cut off --- must try adding 20 sec --- thanks again for the advice
    Wow that's very interesting. So it does seem like the issue is with webOS if re-encoding the file fixes the issue.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. #2374  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Wow that's very interesting. So it does seem like the issue is with webOS if re-encoding the file fixes the issue.
    re-encoding with itunes does not fix the problem -- i am going to try a straight redo with audacity and see if that fixes it -- maybe an itunes problem -- might also be the fact that there is no empty space at the end of the mp3 in question --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15.    #2375  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    re-encoding with itunes does not fix the problem -- i am going to try a straight redo with audacity and see if that fixes it -- maybe an itunes problem -- might also be the fact that there is no empty space at the end of the mp3 in question --
    You said saving the file in Audacity fixed the issue, correct? Can you try saving it in Audacity without any extra space and see the problem is still there?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. #2376  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You said saving the file in Audacity fixed the issue, correct? Can you try saving it in Audacity without any extra space and see the problem is still there?
    that was what i meant by straight redo -=- not the best phasing i know -- i will try today after work and let you know
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17. ron2112's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #2377  
    I may have found a bug over the weekend. I'm still digging into it and trying to come up with a better script, but here's what I witnessed...

    On Saturday, I bookmarked my place in a file I was listening to. I don't know if it matters, but this was my first bookmark.

    On Sunday, I was listening to an album (completely different from Saturday) when I received a call. The player paused and I took the call.

    When I got off the call, I returned to the player and hit Resume Play. Rather than continue playing the track I was listening to, it took me to Saturday's bookmark instead.

    I wanted to do some more testing before I submitted this (I'm in software development myself) but I didn't have a second phone or a willing partner available to place the call to my Pre. If I can provide any more info, let me know.

    Ron
  18.    #2378  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    I may have found a bug over the weekend. I'm still digging into it and trying to come up with a better script, but here's what I witnessed...

    On Saturday, I bookmarked my place in a file I was listening to. I don't know if it matters, but this was my first bookmark.

    On Sunday, I was listening to an album (completely different from Saturday) when I received a call. The player paused and I took the call.

    When I got off the call, I returned to the player and hit Resume Play. Rather than continue playing the track I was listening to, it took me to Saturday's bookmark instead.

    I wanted to do some more testing before I submitted this (I'm in software development myself) but I didn't have a second phone or a willing partner available to place the call to my Pre. If I can provide any more info, let me know.

    Ron
    When you say "bookmarked my place in a file", I assume you mean saving an auto-bookmark by closing the app vs. setting a manual bookmark.

    In that case, then yes I'm aware of this bug (or anomaly). "Resume Play" isn't meant to resume playing your current song. Tapping anywhere else on the titlebar will toggle the pause/play on the current track. What "Resume Play" does is resume the last saved auto-bookmark.

    The "bug" in this case is that when you start the app and instead of choosing "Resume Play", you start playing another song or list, it should remove the "Resume Play" option and replace it with "Now Playing". But sometimes it doesn't do this. So it can be confusing when you press "Resume Play" and it goes back to a track you saved a previous time.

    So yes, this will be fixed in the next version of the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19. ron2112's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #2379  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    When you say "bookmarked my place in a file", I assume you mean saving an auto-bookmark by closing the app vs. setting a manual bookmark.
    No, this was a manual, capital "B" Bookmark. When I clicked Resume Playing after the phone call auto-paused the track I was listening to, the manual Bookmark I had set the previous day started playing.

    I may have found an additional issue as well.

    This morning, I wanted to continue with that file from Saturday, so I clicked the Bookmark. I did not notice the problem I'm going to describe at this point, so I can't say for sure if it happened here. But at one point I meant to pause the track and accidentally hit the "back" button, setting playback to the beginning of the track. So I returned to the Bookmarks list, clicked the Bookmark, and it began playing from that point. But in addition, it added every mp3 on my Pre to the current playlist. This isn't really a problem, but it struck me as odd.

    Ron
  20.    #2380  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    No, this was a manual, capital "B" Bookmark. When I clicked Resume Playing after the phone call auto-paused the track I was listening to, the manual Bookmark I had set the previous day started playing.

    I may have found an additional issue as well.

    This morning, I wanted to continue with that file from Saturday, so I clicked the Bookmark. I did not notice the problem I'm going to describe at this point, so I can't say for sure if it happened here. But at one point I meant to pause the track and accidentally hit the "back" button, setting playback to the beginning of the track. So I returned to the Bookmarks list, clicked the Bookmark, and it began playing from that point. But in addition, it added every mp3 on my Pre to the current playlist. This isn't really a problem, but it struck me as odd.

    Ron
    "Resume Play" is for restoring an auto-bookmark. The fact that you saved a manual bookmark on the same track is just a coincidence. Regardless, the bug you described will be fixed in the new version of the app.

    The behavior you described with the manual bookmark (reloading the song and adding all the other songs) is normal. Manual bookmarks currently only save your position in a track. It doesn't save your position in a selected list (album, artist, flylist, etc.). However auto-bookmarks will save your position in a selected list.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions