Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2523
    great. thx dan.

ok another question: why is it that sometimes lyrics for a song will still work if the song's title does not exactly match the URL string, and sometimes does not?

for example, lyrics for the song "Hollywood" by "Marina & The Diamonds" WILL NOT load because the official name for that song is "Hollywood Infected Your Brain" as seen in the URL string:

Marina & The Diamonds:Hollywood Infected Your Brain Lyrics - LyricWiki - Music lyrics from songs and albums

however, lyrics for the song "Stillness Is The Move (Dirty Projectors Cover)" by "Solange" WILL load even though the official name for that song is "Stillness Is The Move" as seen in the URL string:

Solange:Stillness Is The Move Lyrics - LyricWiki - Music lyrics from songs and albums

it seems that certain words in the title are ignored while others are not, because i'm noticing that words like "featuring" "ft." "fea." etc. does not choke the lyrics matching and the lyrics work fine.

Is there a way to have the lyric-matching be smarter about what it will consider a match and what it will not?
  2.    #2342  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    great. thx dan.

ok another question: why is it that sometimes lyrics for a song will still work if the song's title does not exactly match the URL string, and sometimes does not?

for example, lyrics for the song "Hollywood" by "Marina & The Diamonds" WILL NOT load because the official name for that song is "Hollywood Infected Your Brain" as seen in the URL string:

Marina & The Diamonds:Hollywood Infected Your Brain Lyrics - LyricWiki - Music lyrics from songs and albums

however, lyrics for the song "Stillness Is The Move (Dirty Projectors Cover)" by "Solange" WILL load even though the official name for that song is "Stillness Is The Move" as seen in the URL string:

Solange:Stillness Is The Move Lyrics - LyricWiki - Music lyrics from songs and albums

it seems that certain words in the title are ignored while others are not, because i'm noticing that words like "featuring" "ft." "fea." etc. does not choke the lyrics matching and the lyrics work fine.

Is there a way to have the lyric-matching be smarter about what it will consider a match and what it will not?
    The second song works because I have support for mixes/remixes. Most of the time, the song title for the mix/remix is in the following format:

Song Name (Name of the remix)

The app will first check for the total title. If it doesn't find an exact match, it'll check for anything before the first parenthesis.

Your first song fails because it isn't an exact match to the song title on the site. I think the app could have more intelligence built into it. It's something I'll probably work on since I've also run into the same type of situation.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    when will the new version of the app come out?
  4.    #2344  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    when will the new version of the app come out?
    The app uses private, unsupported APIs so it currently cannot be accepted into the catalog. Palm has said the APIs will be made public sometime later this year. I'll release it when that happens.

Prior to that I'll invite some of the people who have actively participated in this thread to help beta test the new version.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 06/15/2010 at 06:04 AM.
    That's great news Dan. Looking forward to a newer version in the future. You're app is leaps and bounds better than the stock app. I've hidden the stock app icon with a patch.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #2346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    That's great news Dan. Looking forward to a newer version in the future. You're app is leaps and bounds better than the stock app. I've hidden the stock app icon with a patch.
    Thanks! I'm sure the new version will impress you even more.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus begging for gapless playback (yeah, I've searched the thread for "gapless" and read them all). It's really the only thing that bothers me about the built-in player on the Pre. All the other features you've added look awesome, but this is the one selling point for me. The majority of the music I listen to runs together in some way (either because it's live or the album was constructed that way -- eg, a lot of Zappa albums) so this really kills my listening experience on the Pre.
  8.    #2348  
    Quote Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
    I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus begging for gapless playback (yeah, I've searched the thread for "gapless" and read them all). It's really the only thing that bothers me about the built-in player on the Pre. All the other features you've added look awesome, but this is the one selling point for me. The majority of the music I listen to runs together in some way (either because it's live or the album was constructed that way -- eg, a lot of Zappa albums) so this really kills my listening experience on the Pre.
    It doesn't have completely seamless gapless playback, but the gap between songs is smaller due to the way I redesigned the "now playing" screen. Of course any gap is still not ideal for you. At some point I'll investigate gapless playback; however I can't make any guarantees.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    First off, sorry if this a repost, but I just can't go through 118 pages and I couldnt find the problem with the search feature.

I use Music Player (remix) with a Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset. After about 30 minutes to 1 hr, this happens: I am listening to a song (lets just call it track #1), and decided to skip to track #2, song track #3 starts playing for about 1-2 seconds, then song track #2 starts playing. After song track #2 is finished, song track #4 starts playing for 1-2 seconds, then song track #3 plays.

It doesn't do this when I first start up Music Player (remix) only after I have been using it for awhile. Any ideas?
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats
  10.    #2350  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky **** View Post
    First off, sorry if this a repost, but I just can't go through 118 pages and I couldnt find the problem with the search feature.

I use Music Player (remix) with a Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headset. After about 30 minutes to 1 hr, this happens: I am listening to a song (lets just call it track #1), and decided to skip to track #2, song track #3 starts playing for about 1-2 seconds, then song track #2 starts playing. After song track #2 is finished, song track #4 starts playing for 1-2 seconds, then song track #3 plays.

It doesn't do this when I first start up Music Player (remix) only after I have been using it for awhile. Any ideas?
    Yes this issue is no longer present in the latest build I'm testing. The "now playing" screen has been completely re-designed and many of its inherent flaws have been eliminated.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It doesn't have completely seamless gapless playback, but the gap between songs is smaller due to the way I redesigned the "now playing" screen. Of course any gap is still not ideal for you.
    That's still a very welcome improvement, though. My Creative Zen isn't entirely gapless either -- there's still a little skip -- but it's way better than a two-second pause. A tiny gap isn't going to pull me completely out of the listening experience.

Ron
  12.    #2352  
    That's still a very welcome improvement, though. My Creative Zen isn't entirely gapless either -- there's still a little skip -- but it's way better than a two-second pause. A tiny gap isn't going to pull me completely out of the listening experience.

Ron
    Once it's released, you'll have to let me know if you think the gap is small enough.

The app uses private, unsupported APIs so it currently cannot be accepted into the catalog. Palm has said the APIs will be made public sometime later this year. I'll release it when that happens.

Prior to that I'll invite some of the people who have actively participated in this thread to help beta test the new version.
    will the new app be lighter than remix? i just re-downloaded remix to use a couple of days ago and have since abandoned it again because it's just unusable. it's a nice app with some nice features (and some eye-candy type features) but it just completely bogs down the phone if i try to do anything else while using remix. the music will literally just come to a stop and causes all sorts of lag if i try doing anything else. i've got the 800 overclock so i know the phone can handle it and it does with the stock music player, but not with remix.

so... it's back to the stock player unfortunately for me. i really really want to like and use remix, but in its current state i think i can only use it when i don't plan on doing anything but listen to music.
  14.    #2354  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    will the new app be lighter than remix? i just re-downloaded remix to use a couple of days ago and have since abandoned it again because it's just unusable. it's a nice app with some nice features (and some eye-candy type features) but it just completely bogs down the phone if i try to do anything else while using remix. the music will literally just come to a stop and causes all sorts of lag if i try doing anything else. i've got the 800 overclock so i know the phone can handle it and it does with the stock music player, but not with remix.

so... it's back to the stock player unfortunately for me. i really really want to like and use remix, but in its current state i think i can only use it when i don't plan on doing anything but listen to music.
    I'm not sure what else is going on with your phone but I've used Remix with multiple other apps on many occasions and it doesn't behave this way. There are times when the browser is loading that the sound pauses, but other than that the phone is perfectly usable. The only time the phone bogs down is when I've had it running for awhile without a reboot, but that happens in general and doesn't correlate to me running the Remix app.

I don't have any overclocking patches installed. In fact I don't have any patches on my phone.

However in general, I am doing a lot of cleanup in the code and will be focusing on eliminating any possible memory leaks or overhead that may be resident in the app. And the app itself is already more speedy; however I still have room for improvement.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've been using Remix for a couple of weeks now, and I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work. It's such an improvement over the standard player. Sure, I have a few minor nits, but they're all things you've discussed elsewhere in this thread so I won't bother getting into them. It's a solid piece of work.

I love the ability to set my own wallpaper. I set it to the same image as my system wallpaper, which gives the player the illusion of being transparent. Very cool.

Ron
  16.    #2356  
    I've been using Remix for a couple of weeks now, and I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work. It's such an improvement over the standard player. Sure, I have a few minor nits, but they're all things you've discussed elsewhere in this thread so I won't bother getting into them. It's a solid piece of work.
    You're welcome... I'm glad people have enjoyed the app. I originally created it as a learning project for me and never even thought of releasing it. But then, back in August, the homebrew scene was taking off and I thought it would be a good idea to submit it so other people could take advantage of the changes I implemented.

I love the ability to set my own wallpaper. I set it to the same image as my system wallpaper, which gives the player the illusion of being transparent. Very cool.
    The wallpaper feature has definitely been one of the more popular ones. And the new visual style of the app takes advantage of it much more so then the current version. And speaking of wallpapers, I just added another configuration option that I think people will have fun using.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Okay, here's one minor issue I just noticed. I tried to see if this had been mentioned previously, but unfortunately I couldn't come up with the right search terms, so my apologies if you've covered this already.

In Artist view, the track counter can only accommodate two digits. I have several artists that well exceed 100 tracks - for example I have 322 Frank Zappa tracks on my Pre at the moment -- and what I see is "32" on the track counter, and then the last 2 appears underneath it, like it's wrapping to the next line.

Ron
  18.    #2358  
    Okay, here's one minor issue I just noticed. I tried to see if this had been mentioned previously, but unfortunately I couldn't come up with the right search terms, so my apologies if you've covered this already.

In Artist view, the track counter can only accommodate two digits. I have several artists that well exceed 100 tracks - for example I have 322 Frank Zappa tracks on my Pre at the moment -- and what I see is "32" on the track counter, and then the last 2 appears underneath it, like it's wrapping to the next line.

Ron
    The artist track counter has been removed from the re-designed "Artists" screen, so that bug doesn't really apply any more.

But thanks for the heads up!

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The artist track counter has been removed from the re-designed "Artists" screen, so that bug doesn't really apply any more.
    Sure, that works. I don't really need a track count, now that you mention it.

Another minor point... any chance the Artists screen could ignore the word "The" at the beginning of the Artist name? So that The Beatles are listed under B rather than T?

Ron
  20.    #2360  
    Sure, that works. I don't really need a track count, now that you mention it.

Another minor point... any chance the Artists screen could ignore the word "The" at the beginning of the Artist name? So that The Beatles are listed under B rather than T?

Ron
    I have that on my to-do list.