Page 117 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2523
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll have to think about whether to include this in my app. It is a cool idea; however I'm not sure how useful it really is considering my app has a scrubber bar available on the "album art" view. Most people are going to be listening to their music in the "album art" view, not the "playlist" view, so they'll be able to scrub through their music easily.

Do you find that you stay on the "playlist" view more often and that's why you want this feature?
    Thanks for your quick reply!

Maybe I'm missing something, but yeah, I always use playlist view. (Almost nothing I listen to has album art anyway.) I guess if I have to change views to access the seek bar, that's a small compromise in light of the other benefits of using Remix.

As simple as this fix was in Music Player—literally a one-line code change—and since that portion of the interface looked pretty similar I was just hoping there'd be a way to apply it to Remix.
  2.    #2322  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    Maybe I'm missing something, but yeah, I always use playlist view. (Almost nothing I listen to has album art anyway.) I guess if I have to change views to access the seek bar, that's a small compromise in light of the other benefits of using Remix.
    In that case, maybe it would be a good idea to implement in my app. There are probably other people who like to stay on "playlist" view.

As simple as this fix was in Music Player—literally a one-line code change—and since that portion of the interface looked pretty similar I was just hoping there'd be a way to apply it to Remix.
    If you want to try to patch the homebrew version of the Remix app on your device, you can do so. But please do not post this patch publicly. I only support and endorse the original, un-patched Remix app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If you want to try to patch the homebrew version of the Remix app on your device, you can do so. But please do not post this patch publicly. I only support and endorse the original, un-patched Remix app.
    I appreciate that and will certainly respect your wishes. I guess all I came here looking for was a pointer on where to find the application code so I can modify it (e.g. Palm's Music Player was in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer).

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing your official release for the App Catalog!
  4.    #2324  
    I appreciate that and will certainly respect your wishes. I guess all I came here looking for was a pointer on where to find the application code so I can modify it (e.g. Palm's Music Player was in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer).

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing your official release for the App Catalog!
    I don't know off hand which directory homebrew apps are installed in and I can't access my device's file system right now; however to find the directory, you can execute these steps on the linux command prompt:

cd /
    ls -alR > output.txt
    grep com.palm.app.musicplayerremix output.txt

This should point you to the directory where the app is installed. After you find it, you can delete the output.txt file by typing:

rm output.txt
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Score! Awesome, thanks for such a complete answer. I now have full seek functionality in playlist view. Remix rocks!

Found the app here, for future reference:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayerremix
    This was really cool to learn about, because it looks like all of my apps are here, from both homebrew and the app catalog. This will be really useful for doing selective backups and future tweaking. Thanks, DanPLC!
  6.    #2326  
    Score! Awesome, thanks for such a complete answer. I now have full seek functionality in playlist view. Remix rocks!

Found the app here, for future reference:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayerremix
    This was really cool to learn about, because it looks like all of my apps are here, from both homebrew and the app catalog. This will be really useful for doing selective backups and future tweaking. Thanks, DanPLC!
    You're welcome.

Keep in mind though that this code change only works for portrait mode. Since the "320" is hard-coded, it will not function properly in landscape mode. If/when I implement this type of functionality, it'll have to be made more generic to work in portrait and landscape mode on both Pres and Pixis.

You're right, of course. I never even thought to try landscape mode in the Remix version—just one more nice bonus!

I don't know javascript, but replacing the literal 320 with this more generic conditional seemed to work:
    (screen.width*(this.landscapeMode?0:1) + screen.height*(this.landscapeMode?1:0))
    And now it works correctly in either orientation. Yay!
  8.    #2328  
    You're right, of course. I never even thought to try landscape mode in the Remix version—just one more nice bonus!

I don't know javascript, but replacing the literal 320 with this more generic conditional seemed to work:
    (screen.width*(this.landscapeMode?0:1) + screen.height*(this.landscapeMode?1:0))
    And now it works correctly in either orientation. Yay!
    I decided to implement this modification in the next-gen version of the app. It is a pretty nifty idea.

i have another problem.its with the landscape mode.when i turn he phone to its side and it goes into landscape mode part of the screen is cut off and a few of the functions.such as part of the bar were i can fast foward or rewind is cut off.and the reply and the other button thats normally on the bottom left is nowhere to be seen.and the alphabet selector is nowhere to be found also
  10.    #2330  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    i have another problem.its with the landscape mode.when i turn he phone to its side and it goes into landscape mode part of the screen is cut off and a few of the functions.such as part of the bar were i can fast foward or rewind is cut off.and the reply and the other button thats normally on the bottom left is nowhere to be seen.and the alphabet selector is nowhere to be found also
    Can you tell me which screen you are on when you're doing this?

The latest version of the app I'm working on doesn't have any issues with landscape mode.

the screen for when your playing music.i plugin my headphones then put the pixi in my pocket then when i take it out of my pocket to listen to a different song its usually goes into landscape mode and i see that part of the screen is cut off
  12.    #2332  
    the screen for when your playing music.i plugin my headphones then put the pixi in my pocket then when i take it out of my pocket to listen to a different song its usually goes into landscape mode and i see that part of the screen is cut off
    What part of the screen is cut off? Can you post a screenshot so I can see what you're talking about?

sorry for the super crappy camera........all i had
    as i said the alphabet locator is gone and part of the slider is cut off.also the repeat button is gone.basically part of the right side is cut off.
    Imageshack - dsc00037a.jpg - Uploaded by tama_chan123456
    Imageshack - dsc00036od.jpg - Uploaded by tama_chan123456
  14.    #2334  
    sorry for the super crappy camera........all i had
    as i said the alphabet locator is gone and part of the slider is cut off.also the repeat button is gone.basically part of the right side is cut off.
    Imageshack - dsc00037a.jpg - Uploaded by tama_chan123456
    Imageshack - dsc00036od.jpg - Uploaded by tama_chan123456
    Do you have a Pixi?

yes a pixi plus
  16.    #2336  
    yes a pixi plus
    I think some of the screens may not be formatted properly for the Pixi. The new version of the app will not have this problem. I've redesigned all of the screens to handle the resolutions of both the Pre and Pixi, and also to handle notifications that may come up on the device.

ah ok.cant wait till the new version then!.also is it possible to turn off landscape mode?
  18.    #2338  
    ah ok.cant wait till the new version then!.also is it possible to turn off landscape mode?
    Not currently. But the new version will allow you to lock the phone in either portrait or landscape mode.

There's a strange bug with the lyrics feature where it will say that it's "Unable to find lyrics for this song" even though the lyrics do in fact exist when I check on Lyrics by song, album, or music artist - LyricWiki which is where the lyrics are being pulled from.

This seems to happen when the name of the song contains a character that cannot be displayed in the URL string. the example is the song "Are You Satisfied ?" by "Marina & The Diamonds" where the URL strings appear as below, with the question mark transformed into a %3F:

Marina & The Diamonds:Are you satisfied? Lyrics - LyricWiki - Music lyrics from songs and albums

where as, another song by the same artist with an exclamation mark can be displayed in the URL string fine, and Music (Remix) can display the lyrics fine:

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Marina_%26_The_Diamonds:Oh_No!

Consindering that the ampersand (&) in the artist's name (Marina & The Diamonds) worked fine, why is the question mark at the end of the song not parsing correctly?
  20.    #2340  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    There's a strange bug with the lyrics feature where it will say that it's "Unable to find lyrics for this song" even though the lyrics do in fact exist when I check on Lyrics by song, album, or music artist - LyricWiki which is where the lyrics are being pulled from.

This seems to happen when the name of the song contains a character that cannot be displayed in the URL string. the example is the song "Are You Satisfied ?" by "Marina & The Diamonds" where the URL strings appear as below, with the question mark transformed into a %3F:

Marina & The Diamonds:Are you satisfied? Lyrics - LyricWiki - Music lyrics from songs and albums

where as, another song by the same artist with an exclamation mark can be displayed in the URL string fine, and Music (Remix) can display the lyrics fine:

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Marina_%26_The_Diamonds:Oh_No!

Consindering that the ampersand (&) in the artist's name (Marina & The Diamonds) worked fine, why is the question mark at the end of the song not parsing correctly?
    You're correct, it has an issue with question marks. I've had this on my bug list for awhile. I'm going to try to fix it in the new version of the app.