Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2523
  1.    #2301  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik_Jan View Post
    Great App. But first I had duplicate songs from two albums. When I deleted them, thinking to just put the albums on again, something weird happened. The duplicates where gone but the albums (including the songs once, as should) where still there visible and playable on the Pre. But according to the windows explorer the albums should be gone....

Any idea?
    If there are songs showing up and playable in the app, then the files are somewhere on your device. I'd search for them in all directories (including hidden ones) when the device is connected in USB mode.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #2302  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Does anyone know how well this app compares to the best music player on android?
    I think there are several music apps on Android. The built-in one seems pretty standard and basic as far as I can tell via the videos on YouTube. Feature-wise, I don't think it compares to Music Player (Remix). I'm not sure about the other music apps out there though. I think the best thing would be for you do ask some Android folks about their favorite music player app and then check that one out. Or better yet find someone with an Android phone and try it out yourself.

But I guarantee you the next-gen version of Music Player (Remix) will rank well against the best music player app you find out there. I'm doing some pretty cool things with the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I haven't posted on your forum yet but I've had your app since the beginning. You sir, are amazing. You gave the music player a very robust feel..something it was missing before. Keep up the extraordinary work!

Two questions though:

1. Is there a 'screen on' all the time function within the app? I have looked to see but I'm not sure. I only ask because I have my fun in a gps holder and I listen to music on my pre. It wold be really cool if I could just swipe to the left for the next xong rather than turning on the screen, unlocking it, then chaning songs. Its not a big deal though

2. Could you implement a timer in the background? I've always wondered how long I've listened to music so an 'lifetime' timer would be amazing..but once again not needed as your app is already 6 stars in my book.

Keep up the great work man, and I can't wait to see what you put out next!
    -Christian
    Say thanks when you're helped
  4.    #2304  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgordonfan View Post
    1. Is there a 'screen on' all the time function within the app? I have looked to see but I'm not sure. I only ask because I have my fun in a gps holder and I listen to music on my pre. It wold be really cool if I could just swipe to the left for the next xong rather than turning on the screen, unlocking it, then chaning songs. Its not a big deal though
    The next-gen version of Music Player (Remix) will have an option to keep the screen on. I was also finding it to be a pain to have to turn on the screen and unlock the device. However what I do is keep the keyboard retracted and put it in the cradle. That way all I have to do is press the "space" key to re-awaken it. No need to unlock it.

2. Could you implement a timer in the background? I've always wondered how long I've listened to music so an 'lifetime' timer would be amazing..but once again not needed as your app is already 6 stars in my book.
    No I haven't considered a 'lifetime' timer. It would be easy enough to do, but I'm not sure what benefit it would have for most people.

Speaking of timers, I do plan on implementing a sleep timer so people can have the player shut down automatically. This has been a highly requested feature.

Keep up the great work man, and I can't wait to see what you put out next!
    -Christian
    Thanks! In the next few days I'll be unleashing my next app. I think people are really going to have fun with it. Keep a look out in this forum for the new app thread.

I thought of the idea for the app a week or two ago and since then have been working non-stop on it. Once it's complete, I'll re-focus back on Music Player (Remix). When I get some of the newer features complete, I'll post a preview video here.

Wow thanks for the quick reply! You are a really dedicated developer!

I can't wait for this new app you speak of haha

I do agree a lifetime timer would be kinda pointless...for everyone (even me) but can you make an option where it shows the total time of each flylist?

I ask because I've had a few group outings where we meet for like an hour and a half or so. For example, we went to play broomball with 30 people for an hour and we had the option to play our own music. Unfortunately, while we played we just used 'shuffle all' so some songs were good but a majority were not.

If you do not see this as a viable addition then forget about it

Once again, great work sir!
    Say thanks when you're helped
  6.    #2306  
    Wow thanks for the quick reply! You are a really dedicated developer!

I can't wait for this new app you speak of haha

I do agree a lifetime timer would be kinda pointless...for everyone (even me) but can you make an option where it shows the total time of each flylist?

I ask because I've had a few group outings where we meet for like an hour and a half or so. For example, we went to play broomball with 30 people for an hour and we had the option to play our own music. Unfortunately, while we played we just used 'shuffle all' so some songs were good but a majority were not.

If you do not see this as a viable addition then forget about it

Once again, great work sir!
    That's not a bad idea... I'll look into it.

Hello,

While I have not followed your thread much, I have been using your wonderful app for sometime now. You have done a great job on it and I am looking forward to this new version. I've sent a donation your way. Not much, but a little appreciation for you and your app. (Confirm: 8JU5580494161805U)

I have a question for you about adding a feature to Remix. I know most apps don't have launch parameters yet, but can't hurt to ask about it right...

Do you have any way for launch parameters to be passed to Remix upon it loading?

Reason I ask is because the Mode Switcher app can open apps and have launch parameters passed to the app being opened.

For example, if I have Mode Switcher open the Browser/Web app, I can give it a launch parameter of:

{"target": "http://www.precentral.net"}

This will then of course open the Browser/Web app and load the PC website.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to have some launch parameter(s) for Remix where I could load up (for me) a particular playlist , but I suppose for anything really (flylist, artist, etc...).

I am sure the developer of Mode Switcher, Sconix, would be receptive in assisting you with the more technical details if there are any that you would need to add this to Remix.

Thanks for the consideration and great app!
  8.    #2308  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    While I have not followed your thread much, I have been using your wonderful app for sometime now. You have done a great job on it and I am looking forward to this new version. I've sent a donation your way. Not much, but a little appreciation for you and your app. (Confirm: 8JU5580494161805U)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I have a question for you about adding a feature to Remix. I know most apps don't have launch parameters yet, but can't hurt to ask about it right...

Do you have any way for launch parameters to be passed to Remix upon it loading?

Reason I ask is because the Mode Switcher app can open apps and have launch parameters passed to the app being opened.

For example, if I have Mode Switcher open the Browser/Web app, I can give it a launch parameter of:

{"target": "http://www.precentral.net"}

This will then of course open the Browser/Web app and load the PC website.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to have some launch parameter(s) for Remix where I could load up (for me) a particular playlist , but I suppose for anything really (flylist, artist, etc...).

I am sure the developer of Mode Switcher, Sconix, would be receptive in assisting you with the more technical details if there are any that you would need to add this to Remix.

Thanks for the consideration and great app!
    It's funny you mention this because I do have plans to add support for cross-app launching in all my apps. In fact today's GeoStrings update adds the ability for apps to launch GeoStrings and set its custom alert sound.

So yes being able to launch Remix and for instance retrieve a list of flylists so the user can launch one directly from another app would be a great idea. When I add new launching features to one of my apps, I'll post the technical details in this forum so other developers can take advantage of it.

file/folder playback anytime soon?
    thanks
  10.    #2310  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    file/folder playback anytime soon?
    thanks
    Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you're asking me that.

I have it on my list of features to consider, but it's not something I'm currently working on.

hi new pixi owner and i gotta say im loving this app.one of the main reasons i choose to buy the pixi.ive run across a small problem though when i was adding songs to the flylist 2 of the songs wouldnt play.when i pick the song it wont play and the time shows 00:00.the songs play just when when i put them in the songs tab
  12.    #2312  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    hi new pixi owner and i gotta say im loving this app.one of the main reasons i choose to buy the pixi.ive run across a small problem though when i was adding songs to the flylist 2 of the songs wouldnt play.when i pick the song it wont play and the time shows 00:00.the songs play just when when i put them in the songs tab
    Can you try deleting the songs from the flylist and re-adding them? If that doesn't work, can you try to add those two songs to another flylist?

If it still doesn't work, can you PM me a link to one of those songs so I can try it out on my device?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My number one app from day one, now that I've discovered how to add the Album Cover or other photos of the band, I wouldn't trade it for anything, such an awesome Music Player!!! Thanks!!
  14.    #2314  
    Quote Originally Posted by RDeans View Post
    My number one app from day one, now that I've discovered how to add the Album Cover or other photos of the band, I wouldn't trade it for anything, such an awesome Music Player!!! Thanks!!
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Can you try deleting the songs from the flylist and re-adding them? If that doesn't work, can you try to add those two songs to another flylist?

If it still doesn't work, can you PM me a link to one of those songs so I can try it out on my device?
    I tried deleting and re-adding to the flylist.that didn't wirk neither did adding it to a different flylist.i got the songs from a torrent so I'd probably have to send you the actual songs
  16.    #2316  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    I tried deleting and re-adding to the flylist.that didn't wirk neither did adding it to a different flylist.i got the songs from a torrent so I'd probably have to send you the actual songs
    Yeah if you can PM me a link to one of the songs, then I can look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    This is the one feature that I am looking for too. PTunes had a +/- selection with buttons for 30 sec, 60 sec, 1 min, 2 min and 5 min.

I listen to a lot of Podcasts and its great to skip thru certain parts.

Awesome work.
    Dan - do you think we will see this feature in an update of Remix or have to wait for your new music player application?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18.    #2318  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Dan - do you think we will see this feature in an update of Remix or have to wait for your new music player application?
    Music Player (Remix) is and will be my only music app. But the homebrew version will not be updated. The app catalog (next-gen) version will have all the updates.

I'll continue to support the homebrew version; however if somebody mentions a bug in that version, I'll point them to the app catalog version since the homebrew version is going to stay as is. Also quite frankly, while the homebrew version is a very functional app and has a lot of cool features, the app catalog version takes it to another level. So for people who love listening to music on the go, this will be the version they'll want.

Finally got around to trying this out; I've been using the stock music player until now (I know, right?) and it's been a terrific upgrade. The one nice thing about the included Palm apps is that they're stored unencrypted and easily customizable. I had applied the playlist seek tweak to the original code and was looking to do the same with the Remix version, but couldn't figure out how to get at the relevant bit of javascript.

Any suggestions?
  20.    #2320  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Finally got around to trying this out; I've been using the stock music player until now (I know, right?) and it's been a terrific upgrade. The one nice thing about the included Palm apps is that they're stored unencrypted and easily customizable. I had applied the playlist seek tweak to the original code and was looking to do the same with the Remix version, but couldn't figure out how to get at the relevant bit of javascript.

Any suggestions?
    In most cases you're not going to be able to apply patches designed for the original music app to my app. The underlying code is very different now.

I'll have to think about whether to include this in my app. It is a cool idea; however I'm not sure how useful it really is considering my app has a scrubber bar available on the "album art" view. Most people are going to be listening to their music in the "album art" view, not the "playlist" view, so they'll be able to scrub through their music easily.

Do you find that you stay on the "playlist" view more often and that's why you want this feature?