Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2523
  1.    #2281  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I've noticed a slight "bug" within this app since using it, is there a section with a "Known Bug List" or something like that I could read just to see if it's been reported?
    No unfortunately I don't have a published, centralized list. What's the bug?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No unfortunately I don't have a published, centralized list. What's the bug?
    Ok, let me try to explain then. So, I'm listening to all of my music with "Shuffle All" and I find a song that I really like and want to add it to one of my "Flylists". So I proceed to do just that, but oops I've already added it to that Flylist so I get the "Error" message and I go back to the "Now Playing" screen. Then when I skip to the next song(s) it will try to show me the song information from the song I tried to add to the Flylist in the "Now Playing" screen. Not really a big deal, just have to close and reopen the app. It's very easy for me to replicate, but somewhat difficult to explain. I'll try to explain better or give more details if you need them.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 06/02/2010 at 04:01 PM.
  3.    #2283  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Ok, let me try to explain then. So, I'm listening to all of my music with "Shuffle All" and I find a song that I really like and want to add it to one of my "Flylists". So I proceed to do just that, but oops I've already added it to that Flylist so I get the "Error" message and I go back to the "Now Playing" screen. Then when I skip to the next song(s) it will try to show me the song information from the song I tried to add to the Flylist in the "Now Playing" screen. Not really a big deal, just have to close and reopen the app. It's very easy for me to replicate, but somewhat difficult to explain. I'll try to explain better or give more details if you need them.
    I was able to recreate the bug in the old version of the app; however for me it happens after skipping two songs. In the new version it doesn't happen. Many of the bugs/quirks found on the Now Playing screen are gone due to my redesign of the screen.

Thanks for reporting the bug. If you find other ones, let me know so I can track it down.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I'm currently hard at work on the next-gen version of Music Player (Remix). The next release version will be in the app catalog. Its release date will depend upon when Palm releases the public version of the currently private media indexing library. They've indicated that it should be "by fall".

At some point soon I'll be posting a preview video of the new version. I think people are going to be surprised at some of the things they see. The interface has been revamped to be visually pleasing as well as more functional. Also in some ways it really is a departure from what you're used to seeing in all of the other music apps out there. The features I'm adding are going to help people access their music in a quicker and easier way. There will be no fluff. It's all about the music.

I'm going to have some type of beta release. Most likely I'll be inviting the people who have actively participated in this thread from the beginning. Those are the people who I know really love music and know what to look for in a good portable music player.

"Fall"? Damn...I can't wait! Compared to all other music players on WebOS, yours is the easiest and most intuitive by far. Many of the other apps have menu after menu and require multiple taps just to play a song. Being a designer, I've always been a huge advocate of "less is more, simplify" and you've done that. Kudos to the design of the homebrew app.
    Great to hear Dan. This app saved me many times with the simple but great bookmark feature. I love audiobooks and Remix made it possible on my pre. Can't wait for the new remix.
  6.    #2286  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    "Fall"? Damn...I can't wait! Compared to all other music players on WebOS, yours is the easiest and most intuitive by far. Many of the other apps have menu after menu and require multiple taps just to play a song. Being a designer, I've always been a huge advocate of "less is more, simplify" and you've done that. Kudos to the design of the homebrew app.
    Some of the features in the current version were meant to make using the app easier (for instance, swiping left on the top menu bar to get back to the home screen). The new user interface and features all build on that concept to make doing things quicker and easier.

7.    #2287  
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Great to hear Dan. This app saved me many times with the simple but great bookmark feature. I love audiobooks and Remix made it possible on my pre. Can't wait for the new remix.
    While most of the new features are geared towards improving usability and music management/organization, I do have a few things I plan on doing to enhance the "spoken word" experience in the app.

I have one particular song which after it plays, it won't go to the next song in the flylist. Always the same song.

Any idea what would cause this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #2289  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have one particular song which after it plays, it won't go to the next song in the flylist. Always the same song.

Any idea what would cause this?
    Check to make sure that the next song in the flylist actually exists on your device. If a song is removed from the device, then it obviously won't play in the flylist.

Also try browsing the "Songs" list on the main menu and finding that song. Tap it to play the song. Then try switching to the next song and see if you see the same results.

Check to make sure that the next song in the flylist actually exists on your device. If a song is removed from the device, then it obviously won't play in the flylist.

Also try browsing the "Songs" list on the main menu and finding that song. Tap it to play the song. Then try switching to the next song and see if you see the same results.
    Oh, the song is there, all right, and it plays with no problem. What's happening is at the END of the song, it won't go the NEXT song on the flylist on its own - I have to tap the (>>) and then it will start the next track in the flylist. (And it's purely random what the next track might be, as I use "shuffle all").
    My device history:

- Jim J.

11.    #2291  
    Oh, the song is there, all right, and it plays with no problem. What's happening is at the END of the song, it won't go the NEXT song on the flylist on its own - I have to tap the (>>) and then it will start the next track in the flylist. (And it's purely random what the next track might be, as I use "shuffle all").
    Can you try loading the song outside of the flylist (by browsing your music library for the song). Let it play and see if it goes to the next song by itself or if it exhibits the same behavior.

Is it possible you can send me this song for me to try out?

Probably not today, but maybe tomorrow or over the weekend.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I can't wait to see the new incarnation of Remix! I have seen the level of detail you put into your Apps, so this promises to be something really good.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    is there a utility that will convert video clips inside the PRE to MP4?
  15.    #2295  
    Probably not today, but maybe tomorrow or over the weekend.
    Just PM me when you have it ready. If I can reproduce the issue on my device, then that'll help me figure out what's happening.

16.    #2296  
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    is there a utility that will convert video clips inside the PRE to MP4?
    I'm not sure what this has to do with Music Player (Remix), but there are plenty of freeware utilities out there that can convert video files to different formats. Two of them that I use are "Super" and "Handbrake".

17.    #2297  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I can't wait to see the new incarnation of Remix! I have seen the level of detail you put into your Apps, so this promises to be something really good.
    When I first started GeoStrings, I took my experiences with Music Player (Remix) and applied them to GeoStrings. Now I'm doing the same thing with the new version of Music Player (Remix). I've learned a lot in the past few months.

I'm really taking Music Player (Remix) to another level in terms of UI refinement and functionality (compared to my previous efforts). So hopefully people like what I've done. I'm going to finish up a few more things and then I'll release the preview video.

When I first started GeoStrings, I took my experiences with Music Player (Remix) and applied them to GeoStrings. Now I'm doing the same thing with the new version of Music Player (Remix). I've learned a lot in the past few months.

I'm really taking Music Player (Remix) to another level in terms of UI refinement and functionality (compared to my previous efforts). So hopefully people like what I've done. I'm going to finish up a few more things and then I'll release the preview video.
    me want ,me need -- i love remix and geostrings -- both are much used aps thanks

i cannot wait for the next incarnation -- keep up the great work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Great App. But first I had duplicate songs from two albums. When I deleted them, thinking to just put the albums on again, something weird happened. The duplicates where gone but the albums (including the songs once, as should) where still there visible and playable on the Pre. But according to the windows explorer the albums should be gone....

Any idea?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how well this app compares to the best music player on android?