Page 114 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2523
  1.    #2261  
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Just finally held my breath and jumped into the HomeBrew scene, and wanted to let you know that your app was one of the first ones I downloaded. Its excellent, elegant, and very worthy. Thank you!
    Thanks a lot!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Dan,

Have you gotten any update on when Remix might be in the Palm App Catalog?

- Craig
  3.    #2263  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,

Have you gotten any update on when Remix might be in the Palm App Catalog?

- Craig
    It'll happen when Palm opens up the media indexing API. They're currently indicating it'll happen "by fall".

I'll be preparing a brand new version of Music Player (Remix) that will launch in the app catalog. My emphasis will be on improving the user experience and making it easy for people to manage, organize, and access their music.

The current version (aka "Remix Classic") will remain in the homebrew gallery. If people want to keep using it, they're free to do so. However they'll be missing out on a brand new experience by not updating to the app catalog version.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I installed music remix before ever even opening the regular music app as I have used it on another palm pre some time ago. So, i started up music remix and it just sat at the load screen doing nothing. After some thinking about this, i opened up the regular music player and low and behold that app showed the screen asking me to load music / import into my phone. Ah ha! Music remix didn't tell me anything like that. Small issue, but none the less could be important.

On a side note, this application is f'n awesome! This is probably the best music playing app on any mobile device.

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!
  5.    #2265  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    I installed music remix before ever even opening the regular music app as I have used it on another palm pre some time ago. So, i started up music remix and it just sat at the load screen doing nothing. After some thinking about this, i opened up the regular music player and low and behold that app showed the screen asking me to load music / import into my phone. Ah ha! Music remix didn't tell me anything like that. Small issue, but none the less could be important.

On a side note, this application is f'n awesome! This is probably the best music playing app on any mobile device.

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!
    Yep I noticed that too. I have this on my list of bugs to fix for the initial app catalog release.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yep I noticed that too. I have this on my list of bugs to fix for the initial app catalog release.
    Great. I'm glad it is so easy to get feedback around these parts. What a great community!!! Thanks for listening!
  7.    #2267  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    Great. I'm glad it is so easy to get feedback around these parts. What a great community!!! Thanks for listening!
    That's what I'm here for... if you have any other questions about the app let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Another great feature would be dedicated buttons to jump forward (and perhaps backwards too) by 30 and 60 seconds. It would allow to skip ads in podcasts.

Thanks for a great program btw.
    This is the one feature that I am looking for too. PTunes had a +/- selection with buttons for 30 sec, 60 sec, 1 min, 2 min and 5 min.

I listen to a lot of Podcasts and its great to skip thru certain parts.

Awesome work.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9.    #2269  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    This is the one feature that I am looking for too. PTunes had a +/- selection with buttons for 30 sec, 60 sec, 1 min, 2 min and 5 min.

I listen to a lot of Podcasts and its great to skip thru certain parts.

Awesome work.
    I plan on implementing some way of doing this.

Is there a way to keep the screen on while the Player is running? I use this in the car with the keyboard closed and the screen is turning off after 3 mins.
  11.    #2271  
    Is there a way to keep the screen on while the Player is running? I use this in the car with the keyboard closed and the screen is turning off after 3 mins.
    This bugs me too in the car. I would prefer to have an option to keep the screen on if the device is charging, but I don't think there's a (documented) way to check for this.

But to answer your question, yes I could keep the screen on at all times. I think I'll probably add an option to allow the user to leave the screen on at all times with the knowledge that they will be draining the battery faster.

Still my favorite music app.

It will be great when palm lets this and NaN in the catalog! Great potential then of having webos have the best music player on any device!!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  13.    #2273  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Still my favorite music app.

It will be great when palm lets this and NaN in the catalog! Great potential then of having webos have the best music player on any device!!
    Yeah it will be great. I'm currently developing the next-gen version of Music Player (Remix) in preparation for the app catalog release. It now has a completely new look which I think is fantastic! In addition I'm working on some cool new features that will really improve the user experience. So keep an eye out in this forum... eventually I'll be posting some new videos demonstrating the new version of the app.

Everything about this looked like a great solution, but I was experiencing what others mentioned in that the bookmark was set, but returning to it was not working (back to the start of the book). I found a clue in a thread more focused on audible.com listening - it's the genre. So if you've used SoundTaxi to turn your .aa files into .mp3 files, you'll have a genre-less mp3.

To fix that, find the .mp3 file in Explorer, right-click and select Properties, go to the Summary tab, click on Genre and enter "audiobook" (no quotes). Click OK, and wait an unreasonable amount of time (maybe a minute or two). Then put that file on your pre and it all works!

Hooray!
  15.    #2275  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    Everything about this looked like a great solution, but I was experiencing what others mentioned in that the bookmark was set, but returning to it was not working (back to the start of the book). I found a clue in a thread more focused on audible.com listening - it's the genre. So if you've used SoundTaxi to turn your .aa files into .mp3 files, you'll have a genre-less mp3.

To fix that, find the .mp3 file in Explorer, right-click and select Properties, go to the Summary tab, click on Genre and enter "audiobook" (no quotes). Click OK, and wait an unreasonable amount of time (maybe a minute or two). Then put that file on your pre and it all works!

Hooray!
    Wow thanks for the info. I'll try that out on my device and see why an empty genre causes it to fail.

If anyone else has had issues with bookmarks on audio books, please let me know if this fixes your issue.

Sorry for the over-eager post earlier about changing the genre. It did work right away, but now seems to sometimes work, sometimes appear to go to the right spot (counter shows correct value at the bottom of the screen) and yet start playing at an earlier position. It may have something to do with the length of time between bookmarks?? It seems to "act up" more if I've had a short listen than if I'm returning to the book from a longer listen.

Also, I'm listening to a book that is over 7 hours, with no chapters/tracks - wonder if that's pushing some kind of limit?
  17.    #2277  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    Sorry for the over-eager post earlier about changing the genre. It did work right away, but now seems to sometimes work, sometimes appear to go to the right spot (counter shows correct value at the bottom of the screen) and yet start playing at an earlier position. It may have something to do with the length of time between bookmarks?? It seems to "act up" more if I've had a short listen than if I'm returning to the book from a longer listen.

Also, I'm listening to a book that is over 7 hours, with no chapters/tracks - wonder if that's pushing some kind of limit?
    Other people have indicated issues with really long tracks, so that may have something to do with it. Someone sent me a track over 8 hours long so I'll be testing with that.

Any time frame estimate on the next version of Remix?
  19.    #2279  
    Any time frame estimate on the next version of Remix?
    I'm currently hard at work on the next-gen version of Music Player (Remix). The next release version will be in the app catalog. Its release date will depend upon when Palm releases the public version of the currently private media indexing library. They've indicated that it should be "by fall".

At some point soon I'll be posting a preview video of the new version. I think people are going to be surprised at some of the things they see. The interface has been revamped to be visually pleasing as well as more functional. Also in some ways it really is a departure from what you're used to seeing in all of the other music apps out there. The features I'm adding are going to help people access their music in a quicker and easier way. There will be no fluff. It's all about the music.

I'm going to have some type of beta release. Most likely I'll be inviting the people who have actively participated in this thread from the beginning. Those are the people who I know really love music and know what to look for in a good portable music player.

I've noticed a slight 'bug' within the app since using it, is there a section with a 'Known Bug List' or something like that I could read just to see if it's been reported? I'm not trying to complain or anything like that, lol. Thank you.