Page 113 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2523
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    bazinga!!!

(hopefully there's at least one other geek out there who watches the big bang theory)
    roflmao
  2.    #2242  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydigitalbg View Post
    Hi,first of all the app is great!There is only one minor thing that I don't like.The buttons in landscape mode are green.Can you make them black like the buttons in portrait mode,thanks Keep up the good work.
    Yes they are slightly green. I'm not sure how that happened. I do have it on my list to clean them up.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #2243  
    The Music Player (Remix) thread is going to moving to the new Hedami developer forum. So if you're looking for the thread, it will be there shortly.

The Hedami forum will be used to discuss my current apps, GeoStrings and Music Player (Remix), as well as my upcoming projects.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I love Music Player (Remix). I always have that card open and am usually always rockin out to it. Thank you muchly!
  5.    #2245  
    Quote Originally Posted by takeadare View Post
    I love Music Player (Remix). I always have that card open and am usually always rockin out to it. Thank you muchly!
    I'm glad you're enjoying it.

This is a great example of why webOS multitasking is superior to others. The ability to open cards and then switch back to them quickly is great. And having a dashboard at the bottom with the music controls is incredibly useful. Palm should have focused on these types of things in their commercials and even compared themselves to the iPhone (which before 4.0 could not accomplish this type of thing unless you were using their music app).

Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been addressed, but the only information I found is this post acknowledging the issue:

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Are your tracks exceptionally long? There has been issues reported with the music player (both the original and remix versions) not playing very long songs until the end.

Or are you saying every single song, regardless of length, does not play until the end? How many seconds are cut off of each song? All of my songs are under 10 minutes and they all play until the end.
    ...so I wanted to bring it up again and see if anything can be done: Basically, I play tracks that are very, very long, up to 4 or 5 hours. And, despite working perfectly a long time ago when I first got my Pre, over the last 3 months or so the Music Player Remix (and the regular Music Player app) have felt very... slippery where keeping track of your previous position is concerned. Pausing and un-pausing, removing the headphones, and bookmarking very seldom work as they're supposed to. Usually I end up having to listen to a minute or more of the track I've already heard, even when pausing for just a few minutes (at the drive-through, or for whatever reason).

And yes, it never, ever plays the last 2 minutes or so. I used to be able to kind of scroll back to the start and then slide the thing forward to about -2.00 minutes, but that doesn't work anymore. It's like the time displayed isn't really connected to the bits that are being read.

It's really annoying! Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any plans to figure this issue out, or is it just something I have to live with? It's really the -only- thing keeping me from switching to the Pre as my only MP3 player. Just doesn't work for long files like audiobooks and radio programs.

Or, should I just try and find a nice program that'll chop up my files into a hundred different 3-minute tracks? I'd rather not have to do that, but my guess is there's some problem with the way the Palm processes audio files, and it's not gonna ever get fixed.

Anyway, just throwing that out there! I love Remix, and I know that this is not a Remix problem, but a WebOS problem... but you're the experts!

Cheers!
  7.    #2247  
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbs View Post
    Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been addressed, but the only information I found is this post acknowledging the issue:

...so I wanted to bring it up again and see if anything can be done: Basically, I play tracks that are very, very long, up to 4 or 5 hours. And, despite working perfectly a long time ago when I first got my Pre, over the last 3 months or so the Music Player Remix (and the regular Music Player app) have felt very... slippery where keeping track of your previous position is concerned. Pausing and un-pausing, removing the headphones, and bookmarking very seldom work as they're supposed to. Usually I end up having to listen to a minute or more of the track I've already heard, even when pausing for just a few minutes (at the drive-through, or for whatever reason).

And yes, it never, ever plays the last 2 minutes or so. I used to be able to kind of scroll back to the start and then slide the thing forward to about -2.00 minutes, but that doesn't work anymore. It's like the time displayed isn't really connected to the bits that are being read.

It's really annoying! Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any plans to figure this issue out, or is it just something I have to live with? It's really the -only- thing keeping me from switching to the Pre as my only MP3 player. Just doesn't work for long files like audiobooks and radio programs.

Or, should I just try and find a nice program that'll chop up my files into a hundred different 3-minute tracks? I'd rather not have to do that, but my guess is there's some problem with the way the Palm processes audio files, and it's not gonna ever get fixed.

Anyway, just throwing that out there! I love Remix, and I know that this is not a Remix problem, but a WebOS problem... but you're the experts!

Cheers!
    I have seen this type of issue mentioned on the Palm Dev forums, but I don't think there was ever an acknowledgment by the Palm reps on whether this is a known issue that is being addressed in a future webOS release.

If the issues you're experiencing happens in both Remix and the built-in app, then it probably is related to webOS. However I do have it on my to-do list to investigate playback and bookmarking of very long files and see if there is anything I can do in my code to resolve those issues.

How do you delete bookmarks? I go into the bookmarks page but there doesn't seem to be a way to select or delete. I am using 12.3. Thanks
  9.    #2249  
    Quote Originally Posted by wwittmus View Post
    How do you delete bookmarks? I go into the bookmarks page but there doesn't seem to be a way to select or delete. I am using 12.3. Thanks
    Swipe the bookmark off the screen to delete it.

I'm having a bookmarking problem.

I've been downloading audio books from my library using the Ingram MyILibrary service (MyiLibrary Audio Home Page). After I get the book onto my computer and transfer it as an mp3 to my Pre I can listen to it okay and it allows me to bookmark my spot, but when I try to go back to the bookmark there is an "unable to locate song" error message. Bookmarks work with regulary music, but not with these downloaded audio books.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
  11.    #2251  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdelfield View Post
    I'm having a bookmarking problem.

I've been downloading audio books from my library using the Ingram MyILibrary service (MyiLibrary Audio Home Page). After I get the book onto my computer and transfer it as an mp3 to my Pre I can listen to it okay and it allows me to bookmark my spot, but when I try to go back to the bookmark there is an "unable to locate song" error message. Bookmarks work with regulary music, but not with these downloaded audio books.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
    You would get this error if the song name saved in the ID3 tag of the MP3 file changed since you last saved the bookmark. So is it possible that this happened? If not, can you tell me the exact artist name, album name, and song name saved in the ID3 tags for a track that is not working (please list every character in each name exactly)? Also can you check the song name saved on the Bookmarks screen and see if it matches up exactly with the song name saved in the ID3 tag of the MP3 file?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I can't get playlists to work. I put the m3u in the /Music folder and they don't show up. I manually typed a playlist and it still doesn't show up. Here is the contents of one of them:
    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:433,Alice in Chains - Sludge Factory
    Alice in Chains/Alice in Chains/03-Sludge_factory.mp3
    /Music/Alice in Chains/03-Sludge_factory.mp3 is the structure of all my files.

Any suggestions?
  13.    #2253  
    Quote Originally Posted by kzz5 View Post
    I can't get playlists to work. I put the m3u in the /Music folder and they don't show up. I manually typed a playlist and it still doesn't show up. Here is the contents of one of them:
    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:433,Alice in Chains - Sludge Factory
    Alice in Chains/Alice in Chains/03-Sludge_factory.mp3
    /Music/Alice in Chains/03-Sludge_factory.mp3 is the structure of all my files.

Any suggestions?
    RealMayo posted a great tutorial earlier in this thread. You can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post1921204

I've used this method to successfully load M3U playlists into the app.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have seen this type of issue mentioned on the Palm Dev forums, but I don't think there was ever an acknowledgment by the Palm reps on whether this is a known issue that is being addressed in a future webOS release.

If the issues you're experiencing happens in both Remix and the built-in app, then it probably is related to webOS. However I do have it on my to-do list to investigate playback and bookmarking of very long files and see if there is anything I can do in my code to resolve those issues.
    I have been using Music Player (Remix) exclusively since I first found it last year. I love the app, and use it to listen to audiobooks during my commute. I, too, have experienced the problem with the last few minutes being cutoff and am glad you are looking into this issue.

I just wanted to add that the file does appear to be downloaded completely as I am able to listen through the whole track if I select the file via USB to my computer.
  15.    #2255  
    Quote Originally Posted by 13curly View Post
    I have been using Music Player (Remix) exclusively since I first found it last year. I love the app, and use it to listen to audiobooks during my commute. I, too, have experienced the problem with the last few minutes being cutoff and am glad you are looking into this issue.

I just wanted to add that the file does appear to be downloaded completely as I am able to listen through the whole track if I select the file via USB to my computer.
    Thanks for the info. This is definitely something I'll be looking into.

IMO this is one of the best apps on the palm pre Thanks
  17.    #2257  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnis View Post
    IMO this is one of the best apps on the palm pre Thanks
    Thanks a lot! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

DanPLC,

It really is pathetic that you have to work on an application like this when really it is basic functionality that should be included in the base player. Anyway, love the app!

One question, is there some way to change the default to the shuffle mode? I use the app to listen to audiobooks that are rip'd mp3 for 4-5 minute length files and when I resume from a bookmark it always puts me into shuffle mode. I know I can work around this by just remembering to turn off shuffle mode every time I resume, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that.

I didn't find anything in preferences and it doesn't seem to remember the last setting I used.

Thanks again!
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  19.    #2259  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    It really is pathetic that you have to work on an application like this when really it is basic functionality that should be included in the base player. Anyway, love the app!
    I agree that some features really should have been included from the get go. I just think Palm had/has bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    One question, is there some way to change the default to the shuffle mode? I use the app to listen to audiobooks that are rip'd mp3 for 4-5 minute length files and when I resume from a bookmark it always puts me into shuffle mode. I know I can work around this by just remembering to turn off shuffle mode every time I resume, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that.
    This has been mentioned many times. It'll be one of the many things I fix/update in the first app catalog release (whenever Palm makes the media indexing APIs public).

Just finally held my breath and jumped into the HomeBrew scene, and wanted to let you know that your app was one of the first ones I downloaded. Its excellent, elegant, and very worthy. Thank you!
    Last edited by teejay69; 05/18/2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spelling