Page 112 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2523
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthe34 View Post
    I can not get this to install???
    Quote Originally Posted by matthe34 View Post
    I got it!!
    I'm having issues downloading it through Preware, keep getting an error 4, file not found?

Having issues with Preware in general, is this the cause?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    I'm having issues downloading it through Preware, keep getting an error 4, file not found?

Having issues with Preware in general, is this the cause?
    Nevermind got it.

Question though, does this use the same algorithm to shuffle music? I have over 400 songs on my Pre yet I hear the same music over and over. Annoys the crap outta me, anyway to change the settings?
  3.    #2223  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    Nevermind got it.

Question though, does this use the same algorithm to shuffle music? I have over 400 songs on my Pre yet I hear the same music over and over. Annoys the crap outta me, anyway to change the settings?
    When you choose to shuffle, it retrieves the list of songs from the webOS media service. So it's shuffling the songs behind the scenes. So no, there currently isn't a way to change this sorting algorithm.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I know I'm missing it even through search: Is there a way to preserve the order in which songs are added to flylists? They always go alphabetical on me
  5.    #2225  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I know I'm missing it even through search: Is there a way to preserve the order in which songs are added to flylists? They always go alphabetical on me
    I plan to one day add the capability to define your own song order. But no currently you can't do this. You can however change the order of the "now playing" order by dragging the songs around in song list view; however this order will not be saved permanently to the flylist.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I plan to one day add the capability to define your own song order. But no currently you can't do this. You can however change the order of the "now playing" order by dragging the songs around in song list view; however this order will not be saved permanently to the flylist.
    That'll work for now; thanks Dan! I just thought I was really missing something; "what the heck am I doing wrong?!"
  7.    #2227  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    That'll work for now; thanks Dan! I just thought I was really missing something; "what the heck am I doing wrong?!"
    Nope you weren't missing a super-secret feature of the app. But yeah some features can seem hidden (like swiping right-to-left on the titlebar to get back to the main menu) so it never hurts to ask.

And when I do get back to active development of Music Player (Remix) I do plan on adding my interactive help system that I introduced in GeoStrings. So it'll make finding some of these hidden features easier.

I just downloaded the Music Remix app. It's a definite must for people who use their phone as their main mp3 player
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I tried searching this thread, but didn't have any luck, so if my question is redundant, I apologize.

For some reason Music Player Remix no longer loads for me, it gets stuck on the main "Loading..." screen and never moves from that. It used to work fine. I'm not sure what killed it, a patch, the 800MHz overclocking?

Anybody have a clue as to what might be happening?

As I mention above, I have a many patches and I'm overclocking to 800MHz.

Sprint Palm Pre
    WebOS 1.4.1

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
  10.    #2230  
    Quote Originally Posted by negsa View Post
    I just downloaded the Music Remix app. It's a definite must for people who use their phone as their main mp3 player
    Thanks a lot. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

And now that Palm has announced it will be releasing the media indexing APIs, you can expect more great things from Music Player (Remix) as I prepare version 1.0.0 for release in the app catalog! It'll have all of the features you've come to know in Music Player (Remix) plus many new ones that I've been thinking of over the past few months. Plus I have a list of bug fixes I plan on implementing before the initial release.

Hopefully we'll get some more information in the coming weeks in regards to when these new APIs will be available to us.

11.    #2231  
    Kevin, try hooking up your phone to your computer in "USB Mode" and loading a new MP3 song on there. Then try to load the app again.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Great app. I use it 8hrs a day while at work.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  13.    #2233  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Great app. I use it 8hrs a day while at work.
    Thanks...so do I actually. I'm one of those types of people that cannot work effectively if I don't have music in my ears.

I love this app, been using it since it was first released.

I've used this on 3 different pres. I had 2 issues I was hoping you guys could shed some light on. The first one is the auto shuffle when going to a bookmark. I just did a search, and I see that's already been addressed, so I'll just wait for the release that fixes that. Not my biggest issue, because I'm so used to unchecking the shuffle now.

My other issue is with bookmarks as well. When I opening a bookmark, it starts playing about 30 seconds to a minute before the bookmark. Which is awesome because it helps me get my bearings in the audiobook I was listening to. The problem is it cuts that time off the end of a track, so I miss the last portion of the track. It seems to do that every time, so if I'm listening to one large 30 hour track, by the time I get to the end a lot is cut out. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if it has anything to do with my track, or if there's a work around to the problem.

I could go through and cut down my tracks to 5 minutes each, so I just start the track over again every time I go to a bookmark, but that'd involve a more software on my computer. If there is no solution on the pre itself, then I think this is what I will start doing. If anyone could suggest a good mp3 joiner and cutter that I can use to join my tracks to one file, then recut it into small tracks, I'd take that suggestion too.

But anyways, I'd like to give you props for taking the default player and making it what it should have been in the first place. Music Player Remix is the one piece of software that makes the Palm Pre everything I was hoping it would be. Without it, I think I might have traded in the Pre a long time ago. I love being able to listen to audiobooks on my way to work and not having to burn cds or bring another player along. Keep up the good work.

I hope my question doesn't get lost in my long winded post, lol.
    Thanks...so do I actually. I'm one of those types of people that cannot work effectively if I don't have music in my ears.
    I am one of those types of people, as well. MP (Remix) is a life-saver! Looking forward to the App Cat version once you are able/allowed to release it. I'll be buying it the minute it's available. Thanks for all you do!

Hey you guys...I've donated to Dan...have you?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  16.    #2236  
    Quote Originally Posted by brienzee View Post
    My other issue is with bookmarks as well. When I opening a bookmark, it starts playing about 30 seconds to a minute before the bookmark. Which is awesome because it helps me get my bearings in the audiobook I was listening to. The problem is it cuts that time off the end of a track, so I miss the last portion of the track. It seems to do that every time, so if I'm listening to one large 30 hour track, by the time I get to the end a lot is cut out. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if it has anything to do with my track, or if there's a work around to the problem.
    I have this on my list of things I need to investigate. I don't personally listen to audiobooks, but someone sent me an audiobook file to debug with, so it's definitely something I'll check out.

Quote Originally Posted by brienzee View Post
    But anyways, I'd like to give you props for taking the default player and making it what it should have been in the first place. Music Player Remix is the one piece of software that makes the Palm Pre everything I was hoping it would be. Without it, I think I might have traded in the Pre a long time ago. I love being able to listen to audiobooks on my way to work and not having to burn cds or bring another player along. Keep up the good work.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Kevin, try hooking up your phone to your computer in "USB Mode" and loading a new MP3 song on there. Then try to load the app again.
    Dan,

Turns out I had no music on my phone. Somehow all my music got deleted. Once I put songs back, everything worked fine.

Thanks for the advice, no music was the problem, not a patch or overclocking.

Kevin
  18.    #2238  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Dan,

Turns out I had no music on my phone. Somehow all my music got deleted. Once I put songs back, everything worked fine.

Thanks for the advice, no music was the problem, not a patch or overclocking.

Kevin
    Yeah I should probably mention in the app description that music files are required for the app to function.

Well I'm glad you figured it out.

Yeah I should probably mention in the app description that music files are required for the app to function.

Well I'm glad you figured it out.
    Bazinga!!!

(Hopefully there's at least one other geek out there who watches The Big Bang Theory)
    Hi,first of all the app is great!There is only one minor thing that I don't like.The buttons in landscape mode are green.Can you make them black like the buttons in portrait mode,thanks Keep up the good work.