Page 111 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2523
  1.    #2201  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    thanks Dan and happy holidays (enjoyed the easter eggs)

    donated
    I just checked my email and saw the donation...thanks a lot! Happy holidays to you too!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #2202  
    I hope this isn't a repeat, I honestly haven't gone through all 111 pages in this thread; but I did a search.

    On my Pre, I go to the Remix page, download it, then when I click to install, I get "Unable to Open File" This file format is not supported.

    I'm in the latest WebOS (it just updated this morning), have Preware installed and still no joy. Help?

    NEVERMIND!!! The answer was more coffee for the human!!
    Last edited by Cherylad; 04/04/2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: update
  3. #2203  
    keeps freezing at the loading screen....
  4.    #2204  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    keeps freezing at the loading screen....
    Connect your phone to your computer in "USB Mode", transfer over a new MP3 file, and then load the app and it should be fine.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5. #2205  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Connect your phone to your computer in "USB Mode", transfer over a new MP3 file, and then load the app and it should be fine.
    Transfer them over to which folder?
  6.    #2206  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Transfer them over to which folder?
    Whichever folder you store the rest of your music files. Copying over a new music file fixes the issue where the app locks up at the load screen.

    Also make sure you're running the latest version of the app (0.12.3).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #2207  
    Hi just to tell you I love your app, and I've been using it since... webos 1.2... However now I can't get it to load..: It starts up > spashscreen "loading" > then it just stays there ?? What gives ?

    EDIT:
    Sorry, just forgot to put the music back on.... :0)
    WebOS still makes sense.
  8. #2208  
    Is it possible to connect directly to my Maxima through BT? I understand there might be a patch for this...if its possible. I have a wired Aux plug in my car but BT would be awesome.
  9.    #2209  
    Quote Originally Posted by helipilot1 View Post
    Is it possible to connect directly to my Maxima through BT? I understand there might be a patch for this...if its possible. I have a wired Aux plug in my car but BT would be awesome.
    I really don't know. Bluetooth connectivity really has nothing to do with any specific music app. It's related to the profiles supported by the phone itself.

    You might want to ask this question in the Palm Pre Bluetooth section of the forum.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. #2210  
    Great app, just downloaded it.

    Not sure if someone has already suggested it, but since many of us listen to music on the subway, trains, and other areas where we don't have a signal, could you cache lyrics? Just go through the songs in the order they are going to be played, and begin downloading and caching lyrics, artwork, band info, whatever?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  11.    #2211  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Great app, just downloaded it.

    Not sure if someone has already suggested it, but since many of us listen to music on the subway, trains, and other areas where we don't have a signal, could you cache lyrics? Just go through the songs in the order they are going to be played, and begin downloading and caching lyrics, artwork, band info, whatever?
    I'm not sure auto-downloading a bunch of lyrics ahead of time is a great idea. Lyrics should only be downloaded if the person wants to view them for a particular song. Otherwise you're needlessly accessing the network (battery consumption) when the person may not even be interested in reading the lyrics for all those songs.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #2212  
    Firstly, thank you for (nearly) finishing the job that Palm barely began! I say "nearly" because I am having an issue with Flylists: some songs seem to save in the Flylists; others don't. The details save but, when you select them, they show as being 0.00 minutes long. I haven't discovered what does make a difference to "save-ability", but I have eliminated a couple of things:
    * Song length.
    * Whether there is more than one album for that artist.

    I am using v 0.12.3 and running WebOS v 1.4.1 (O2 -- European)

    Any clues?
  13.    #2213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetenterre View Post
    Firstly, thank you for (nearly) finishing the job that Palm barely began! I say "nearly" because I am having an issue with Flylists: some songs seem to save in the Flylists; others don't. The details save but, when you select them, they show as being 0.00 minutes long. I haven't discovered what does make a difference to "save-ability", but I have eliminated a couple of things:
    * Song length.
    * Whether there is more than one album for that artist.

    I am using v 0.12.3 and running WebOS v 1.4.1 (O2 -- European)

    Any clues?
    No I haven't seen any issues with saving songs to flylists and playing them. Do those same songs play when navigating your music player by artist/album/genre/song? Have you tried removing the song from the flylist and try to re-add it?
  14. #2214  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No I haven't seen any issues with saving songs to flylists and playing them. Do those same songs play when navigating your music player by artist/album/genre/song? Have you tried removing the song from the flylist and try to re-add it?
    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes to both: They did play when selecting them from other routes, and I tried removing and re-adding, to no effect.

    However:
    My workaround has been to create playlists in RhythmBox (just finished). In doing this, I reorganised my music on the Pre (it was previously done in RhythmBox's iPod mode) -- I've just tested the Flylists again, and they now seem to work.
  15. #2215  
    My playlist workaround is this:

    My music is stored in a directory called "Music" on my computer. I copied this over to my Pre in USB mode.

    I use RhythmBox to create playlists from the music; save in the Music directory in M3U format. Copy these M3U files to the Music directory on the Pre. (If you save anywhere else, you will need to edit them in Text Editor so that the path from the Pre Music folder is correct.)

    Works for Music Player and the far better Music Player Remix.
  16. #2216  
    I can not get this to install???
  17. #2217  
    I got it!!
  18. #2218  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not sure auto-downloading a bunch of lyrics ahead of time is a great idea. Lyrics should only be downloaded if the person wants to view them for a particular song. Otherwise you're needlessly accessing the network (battery consumption) when the person may not even be interested in reading the lyrics for all those songs.
    I would love it if there was a setting to select "streaming lyrics" or "embeded" lyrics." I have used Itunes to embed lyrics in all my .mp3s and I'd prefer to display those lyrics so I view even while in airplane mode or when data is not available. I seem to remember early versions of remix used embeded lyrics vs. Downloading them.
  19.    #2219  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawgmon View Post
    I would love it if there was a setting to select "streaming lyrics" or "embeded" lyrics." I have used Itunes to embed lyrics in all my .mp3s and I'd prefer to display those lyrics so I view even while in airplane mode or when data is not available. I seem to remember early versions of remix used embeded lyrics vs. Downloading them.
    Music Player (Remix) never used embedded lyrics because it doesn't have access to them. It has always downloaded them.

    If the app could write the lyrics to the file, then I would be all for saving the downloaded lyrics so they could be viewed later. But as it is right now, the app does not have write access to the original file. So it would have to save the lyrics to a local database. I'll have to think about that...it might be something worth doing in a future release.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #2220  
    Thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions