Page 110 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2523
    I seem to be running into some issues lately with the program hanging up on me and "freezing". I thought it might be song related, but it's not limited to just one as it does it on songs I have already played.

Also, any chance there might be another option for changing the song. I hate referring the iPhone, but they can "shake" the phone to move to the next song. I'd like something similar to that when driving. Another option I thought of was using the volume button or LED button to change the song. Just something other than having to press the top button and then looking at the screen to press the over arrow.
    thanks

GREAT app though, a lot better than the stock music player.
  3.    #2183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    I seem to be running into some issues lately with the program hanging up on me and "freezing". I thought it might be song related, but it's not limited to just one as it does it on songs I have already played.
    I assume it eventually un-hangs up, correct? I've seen the app occasionally become unresponsive for a second or two and then it springs back into life. I'm not sure what causes it. Perhaps it's Javascript garbage collection since I've seen this type of behavior in other apps as well, especially when running several apps at once. Or it could be the audio code slowing things down. I eventually want to transition the audio to the new HTML 5 audio standard (introduced in webOS 1.4), so maybe that'll help.

Also, any chance there might be another option for changing the song. I hate referring the iPhone, but they can "shake" the phone to move to the next song. I'd like something similar to that when driving. Another option I thought of was using the volume button or LED button to change the song. Just something other than having to press the top button and then looking at the screen to press the over arrow.
    Apps cannot access the LED button. And I don't think using the volume keys would be a good idea since they already have a specific function.

I personally mount my phone in the car with the keyboard extended. That way when I want to wake the phone up, I just have to tap the LED button, which I found more convenient than the power button. Then to switch songs I swipe the album art from right to left. I never mess with the forward/back/play/pause button at the bottom of the screen.

However I think having a shake option (configurable under Preferences) is a good idea. I'll add it to my ever-growing to-do list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hello Dan
    109 pages (whew), and i have used the search. Why is my German Pre (on O2) not loading/finding the lyrics ? Hopefully this question has not been answered before
  5.    #2185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade2002 View Post
    Hello Dan
    109 pages (whew), and i have used the search. Why is my German Pre (on O2) not loading/finding the lyrics ? Hopefully this question has not been answered before
    There's nothing I can think of that would prevent a particular webOS device in a particular region from not working.

If you can provide me with a specific song (listing artist name and song name exactly as it appears on the phone), then I can determine why the lyrics for that particular song is not loading.

Also are you receiving an error message when trying to display the lyrics? If so, what does it say?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Hey Dan,

I was just wondering if you could give us any idea of when there will be a new update to Remix. I've been with you since the beginning of Remix(well a few pages in to the forum anyway) and wanted to get an idea of when some new features might be added. I know you were working on other things and your 'to do' list has gotten quite long.

Thanks
  7.    #2187  
    Quote Originally Posted by odinstorm View Post
    Hey Dan,

I was just wondering if you could give us any idea of when there will be a new update to Remix. I've been with you since the beginning of Remix(well a few pages in to the forum anyway) and wanted to get an idea of when some new features might be added. I know you were working on other things and your 'to do' list has gotten quite long.

Thanks
    Currently, I don't have any plans to resume active development of Music Player (Remix) until there is a way to submit it to the app catalog. And that'll depend on Palm opening up the media library API. I may change my mind in the future, but that's where it stands right now.

I work on webOS development in my spare time. I have a full-time job and a family so I have to pick and choose where I dedicate my free time. Music Player (Remix) was a great way for me to learn about webOS development and I had a ton of fun working on it. And I'm still amazed at the overwhelming response I received from the community.

I have a ton of ideas for it and it would be fun to work on it, but at this point, I have to prioritize what I work on. I have one paid app in the catalog (GeoStrings) that must take priority because I have paying customers who expect (and deserve) a product that will be supported and improved upon. And I have another app in the works that will also take priority.

And I can't justify to my wife working on Music Player (Remix) when frankly the media library API may never be opened up. In all honesty, I expect webOS 2.0 to arrive with a brand new media player before we see a public API. I could be wrong, but that's just my hunch.

I just wanted to say that this player is awesome!
  9.    #2189  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    I just wanted to say that this player is awesome!
    Thanks a lot!

Yeah I never thanked you until now... so thanks!

It's pretty awesome how all of you DEV's take the time to come up with sweet apps for the end users.
  11.    #2191  
    Yeah I never thanked you until now... so thanks!

It's pretty awesome how all of you DEV's take the time to come up with sweet apps for the end users.
    Well I'm sure most developers enjoy doing it. For me it's definitely been fun working with webOS the last few months. But yeah it can be time consuming when you have other things going on in your life. It would be great to be able to do it full-time, but I'm not quite there yet.

the player definitely runs faster with the 800mhz patch, flys thru the menus no hang up and music plays instantly
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  13.    #2193  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    the player definitely runs faster with the 800mhz patch, flys thru the menus no hang up and music plays instantly
    I wish I was brave enough to overclock my phone, but I'm not.

yeah i jus figured what the heck if i fry my phone i'll jus get the htc evo lmao i jus realized your the developer of Geostrings as well which i purchased, i take my hat off to you between music(remix) and geostrings two of my most used apps
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  15.    #2195  
    yeah i jus figured what the heck if i fry my phone i'll jus get the htc evo lmao
    Yeah I can imagine telling my wife that I have to buy a new phone because I decided to overclock it. That would go over well...

However I do hope that Palm comes out with a next-gen phone that can compete with the Evo. I love webOS and its user interface, but the hardware is getting a bit antiquated. I just need to figure out a way to convince the wife that I need a new phone after only a year. Hmm...maybe that overclocking/frying thing doesn't sound like a bad idea.

i jus realized your the developer of Geostrings as well which i purchased, i take my hat off to you between music(remix) and geostrings two of my most used apps
    I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah I can imagine telling my wife that I have to buy a new phone because I decided to overclock it. That would go over well...
    First of all, my wife wouldn't understand overclocking so there's no way I'd ever be able to tell her that's what happened.... I don't know honey, it just died... and no, Palm says I'm out of warranty....

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I just need to figure out a way to convince the wife that I need a new phone after only a year. Hmm...maybe that overclocking/frying thing doesn't sound like a bad idea.
    You mean all the $moulah$ you're making from Geostrings doesn't suffice to justify a new device? It's called plowing profits back into the business to help it grow. Any good CFO / CEO would be happy to tell her all about it!!! Though, I imagine in order to qualify your proceeds as 'profits' you'd have to cut your hourly wage rate considerably!!!!
  17.    #2197  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    First of all, my wife wouldn't understand overclocking so there's no way I'd ever be able to tell her that's what happened.... I don't know honey, it just died... and no, Palm says I'm out of warranty....
    My wife wouldn't understand overclocking either, but she knows I can get the phone serviced/replaced. We've both had our phones replaced.

But if Palm releases a new super phone this summer I'll think of some way to trick (convince) her.

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    You mean all the $moulah$ you're making from Geostrings doesn't suffice to justify a new device? It's called plowing profits back into the business to help it grow. Any good CFO / CEO would be happy to tell her all about it!!! Though, I imagine in order to qualify your proceeds as 'profits' you'd have to cut your hourly wage rate considerably!!!!
    With my wife it's not really about the money, it's more about the principle. She knows I have a perfectly functional phone and wouldn't understand why I need a new one. The same thing happened when I upgraded my TV a few years ago. However I found a way around that one. We got a new bedroom set she was dying to get and I got my TV. So I just need to find something worth $200 to get her and I'll be good to go!

Actually we just got her a new car, so I can always use that as collateral. And no before you ask, that wasn't from GeoStrings profits. I wish it made that much!

well knowing that you did geo strings got me interested -- i looked at it and just went ahead and purchased it -- thanks for the great aps

Rob
  19.    #2199  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    well knowing that you did geo strings got me interested -- i looked at it and just went ahead and purchased it -- thanks for the great aps

Rob
    Thanks...I'm sure you'll find many uses for it.

thanks Dan and happy holidays (enjoyed the easter eggs)

donated