Page 109 of 127 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2523
  1.    #2161  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    Just wanted to mention I'm trying the latest version but it is still not working for me. It freezes on the Splash loading screen with version 0.12.3. I'm running 1.4

    UPDATE I did try adding new music through USB and it is working correctly now!
    Thanks for the update.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #2162  
    I added some music through USB and then re-installed Music Player (Remix) and now it no longer hangs at the start screen.
  3. #2163  
    Dan,
    Just tested the bookmarks on a spot EARLIER in my book and bingo it took. It would appear the limit is around 8 hours or so. I was able to snap a bookmark at 7:54. 8:10 however would not take (bouncing to the front when selected).

    Per your request, I would be happy to give you my book file to test with. What's the best way to get it to you?

    Regards,
    EK
  4.    #2164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    Dan,
    Just tested the bookmarks on a spot EARLIER in my book and bingo it took. It would appear the limit is around 8 hours or so. I was able to snap a bookmark at 7:54. 8:10 however would not take (bouncing to the front when selected).

    Per your request, I would be happy to give you my book file to test with. What's the best way to get it to you?

    Regards,
    EK
    Depending upon how big it is, I suppose you could upload it to a file sharing site (like yousendit.com) and then PM me the link.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5. #2165  
    .
    Last edited by thecalip; 03/09/2010 at 05:24 PM.
  6. #2166  
    is there anyone who can give me a simple easy walkthrough on how to install this app along with other homebrew apps?

    email me mattDTN@gmail.com
  7. #2167  
    Hi,
    I don't know, If anybody ask before, but here is lot of pages and no FAQ

    Is planned Last.fm submission feature? I will be pretty nice
  8.    #2168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Hi,
    I don't know, If anybody ask before, but here is lot of pages and no FAQ

    Is planned Last.fm submission feature? I will be pretty nice
    There is a "Search this Thread" selection near the top of the page. If you search for "last.fm", the second result will have your answer (the first result is your post).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9.    #2169  
    Quote Originally Posted by sethDTN View Post
    is there anyone who can give me a simple easy walkthrough on how to install this app along with other homebrew apps?

    email me mattDTN@gmail.com
    There is a sticky thread in the Homebrew section that can be found here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10. vandelay's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #2170  
    I saw ogg vorbis files are supported with the PDK, see here PDK - Media Handling - Palm Developer Center
    I'm not sure if this means that playing ogg files is now possible and how easily this can be done, or if it is up to you, DanPLC to add support to your music player remix app or someone to create a plugin such as this one http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...gg-gsmwav.html
    I may just be pointing out something thats already known, but I hope this is good news for those of us who wish to play ogg vorbis files and helps you guys out.
    Thanks for all the work you've done!
  11.    #2171  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    I saw ogg vorbis files are supported with the PDK, see here PDK - Media Handling - Palm Developer Center
    I'm not sure if this means that playing ogg files is now possible and how easily this can be done, or if it is up to you, DanPLC to add support to your music player remix app or someone to create a plugin such as this one http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...gg-gsmwav.html
    I may just be pointing out something thats already known, but I hope this is good news for those of us who wish to play ogg vorbis files and helps you guys out.
    Thanks for all the work you've done!
    Yes I noticed that too; however it specifically mentions that only MP3 and OGG files are supported. I think the reason is that most games use MP3 or OGG for their sound files.

    So if I write a plug-in for playing audio, only those 2 formats would be supported. The current list of supported formats on the Pre/Pixi would no longer be supported. Also as far as I can tell, the SDK audio library only allows you to play tracks. I don't see a way to scrub through a track which if true would cripple any music player.

    So for those reasons, I don't anticipate using the PDK in this manner. However I may explore the possibility of creating a media library plug-in that would traverse the /media/internal file system for supported music files, thus essentially replacing the webOS media library. This in theory would allow an app like mine to be eligible for the app catalog since it would no longer be using undocumented APIs.

    However there are 3 reasons why I'm a bit apprehensive in putting all my of free time into this:

    1) Palm announced PDK-based apps cannot be distributed until a future webOS update. This is supposed to happen by "the end of the first half", so I wouldn't expect to see this until June or July. For all I know the webOS media library may be opened up by then.

    2) Currently, plug-ins created with the Beta PDK have full access to /media/internal. I'm not sure that this will be true by the time PDK apps are allowed in the catalog. There are security concerns with allowing apps read and write access of every sub-directory under /media/internal. I'd hate to spend a bunch of time writing a media library plug-in only to find out it was useless with the final version of the PDK.

    3) In order to re-create the media library service, the app would have to scan all the folders in /media/internal and parse the ID3 tags in each file every time the app was launched (since the user may have loaded new files since the last time they used the app). This may result in a noticeable wait time when launching the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12. #2172  
    Hmm...I just re-installed this after uninstalling (because it was hanging on "loading" screen)...no dice...still does the same thing. Any suggestions?
  13.    #2173  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Hmm...I just re-installed this after uninstalling (because it was hanging on "loading" screen)...no dice...still does the same thing. Any suggestions?
    Yes, you need to load a new song on your device while in USB mode. Afterwards, the app should load fine.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #2174  
    First off, thanks to Dan for the fine app. I just got my Pre Plus so I've only used the app a bit, but it seems worlds better than the original.

    And here's my feature request--not a new one, but a bump to an existing one, hoping that you'll raise the priority: I'd love to see all sorting (artists, song titles, etc) ignore leading articles A, An, and The. I'm asking on behalf of those of us who never think to look for The Beatles under T.

    Thanks for listening!
  15.    #2175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    First off, thanks to Dan for the fine app. I just got my Pre Plus so I've only used the app a bit, but it seems worlds better than the original.

    And here's my feature request--not a new one, but a bump to an existing one, hoping that you'll raise the priority: I'd love to see all sorting (artists, song titles, etc) ignore leading articles A, An, and The. I'm asking on behalf of those of us who never think to look for The Beatles under T.

    Thanks for listening!
    It's still on the list, but development of new features is on hold until the webOS media library API is made public. I'm focusing my free time on GeoStrings and my new project.

    While the PDK does offer a glimmer of hope that the app would qualify for release into the catalog, there are a few things I am worried about before I go down that route (see my recent commentary I posted in this thread).

    However if the app does ever make it into the catalog, this feature would probably make it into the initial 1.0.0 release given its popularity and relative ease to implement.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #2176  
    Thanks, Dan. I'll go back and catch your commentary to get the background.
  17. #2177  
    Sorry I didn't search but my presalmost dead and I want to post this.
    Can we have a show all by artist button instead of having to shuffle all to listen to more than one ablum please?
    PS <3 you and your apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  18.    #2178  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Sorry I didn't search but my presalmost dead and I want to post this.
    Can we have a show all by artist button instead of having to shuffle all to listen to more than one ablum please?
    PS <3 you and your apps.
    I'm not sure I understand your request. Can you elaborate?
  19. Richard90's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #2179  
    Thanks i'll try to use.
  20.    #2180  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andry View Post
    Thanks i'll try to use.
    I must have missed your original post because I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions