Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2523
  1.    #2061  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmaini View Post
    does anyone know the original color settings under preferences? i changed them by mistake and can't seem to get it back to its original color.
    Red: 105
    Green: 171
    Blue: 255
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    thanks for your work.
    So I can make a playlist on the monkey software that I'm gonna get onmy computer and then it will transfer to this media player?
  3.    #2063  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    thanks for your work.
    So I can make a playlist on the monkey software that I'm gonna get onmy computer and then it will transfer to this media player?
    I'm not sure since I don't use Media Monkey; however I thought I remember reading on here somewhere that people do sync their music and playlists using Media Monkey. If someone doesn't answer in this thread, you could search the forums for "Media Monkey" to see if you can find a way to do it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Dan & Detroitwilly --

I was going to post here the other day with a referernce to the following thread: MediaMonkey Syncing guide. It's very comprehensive and addresses the whole syncing playlists question Dan gets 2-3 time (or more) each week. Hope this helps. This seems to be the best guide to using MM.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...diamonkey.html
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    thanks for your work.
    Short answer is yes, as long as you follow the directions in the previously mentioned tutorial.
  6.    #2066  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Short answer is yes, as long as you follow the directions in the previously mentioned tutorial.
    It looks like your instructions may no longer work after the 1.4 update if the screenshots in the PreCentral article is true: http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-s...l-log-and-more

The "Media Sync" option is not present in the screenshots.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It looks like your instructions may no longer work after the 1.4 update if the screenshots in the PreCentral article is true: http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-s...l-log-and-more

I was just thinking that myself when i was reading this. Currently i use double twist to sync. I use itunes to make my playlists for my wifes ipod then i reimport my playlists into double twist and then sync my pre seems to work pretty good, except i don't have the album art which i like to have rather than the blank icon. If media monkey gets the artwork and can sync your itunes playlists i might consider switching until the "Media Sync" goes away.

it can be activated in device info
    NEVERMIND -- See ONE POST ABOVE: Leaving the USB Sync info as FYI. I'd like to see if cwgtex confirms my suspicions

cwgtex can probably do this better justice, but MM also has a feature to sync with USB Flash Media (any old USB stick will do, but our Palm phones also meet the requirements). I can say, I used this last summer and it worked flawlessly -- including playlists, file-embedded album art, and folder structures (though I personally don't use any).

I'm 95% sure there's not feature set differences between syncing the Pre with MM using the USB mode vs the media sync mode (though I'm not currently fully up to date with using MM becuase I've been relatively content with my Pre music selection.)
  10.    #2070  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    it can be activated in device info
    Well that's good news for people who've relied on the "Media Sync" option. It still baffles me why they would remove it from the default popup. It doesn't hurt anyone to have it there even if some people (like myself) never use it.

Well that's good news for people who've relied on the "Media Sync" option. It still baffles me why they would remove it from the default popup. It doesn't hurt anyone to have it there even if some people (like myself) never use it.
    Not that I agree with these philosophies, but two probable reasons:

#1 -- I'm sure they've been deluged with questions from the non-techie masses constantly asking why the Pre / Pixi doesn't sync with their Itunes? (OK, maybe not. Based on the latest sales figures, apparently no non-techie masses are buying the phone -- or they're being told by Verizon staffers to buy another phone instead!!)

#2 -- Having it there by default just draws attention to the fact that they lost the battle with Apple over the Iphone spoofing they tried. Better to hide it and let those in the know (using prior Iphone version, MediaMonkey, or others) enable it themselves.

Just my thoughts.
  12.    #2072  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Better to hide it and let those in the know (using prior Iphone version, MediaMonkey, or others) enable it themselves.
    You made some good points, but my only concern with the decision is that people will not know how to re-enable it. Not all Pre/Pixi users visit these informative forums.

You made some good points, but my only concern with the decision is that people will not know how to re-enable it. Not all Pre/Pixi users visit these informative forums.
    Oh, I totally agree with you on that. In trying to avoid one (possibly signifiant) support issue, they could be creating another one.

Ideally, they'll have the process to re-enable Media Sync front-and-center in the Official Update liner notes, the support FAQ's, and clearly in their auto-canned responses to common support emails questions.
  14.    #2074  
    Oh, I totally agree with you on that. In trying to avoid one (possibly signifiant) support issue, they could be creating another one.

Ideally, they'll have the process to re-enable Media Sync front-and-center in the Official Update liner notes, the support FAQ's, and clearly in their auto-canned responses to common support emails questions.
    It would be nice if they displayed a change log on the app update screen so people could introduce themselves to the new features as the update is downloading.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    is there a way to get the album art to embed?? I have itunes now but that won't embed it in. If i switch to media monkey will it embed? Then show up back in Itunes as embedded?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    If media monkey gets the artwork and can sync your itunes playlists i might consider switching until the "Media Sync" goes away.
    Yep, it works beautifully. Well, once you have playlists in MediaMonkey it works. I am not sure if there is any way you can import playlists directly from iTunes to MM...better go ask Google. I hate iTunes so I'm staying out of that one.

NEVERMIND -- See ONE POST ABOVE: Leaving the USB Sync info as FYI. I'd like to see if cwgtex confirms my suspicions

cwgtex can probably do this better justice, but MM also has a feature to sync with USB Flash Media (any old USB stick will do, but our Palm phones also meet the requirements). I can say, I used this last summer and it worked flawlessly -- including playlists, file-embedded album art, and folder structures (though I personally don't use any).

I'm 95% sure there's not feature set differences between syncing the Pre with MM using the USB mode vs the media sync mode (though I'm not currently fully up to date with using MM becuase I've been relatively content with my Pre music selection.)
    Yes, MM will sync to any USB device...but with no guarantees with playlists or album art.

The only real difference between USB and Media Sync modes is that in the latter the Pre identifies itself as an iPod. That is how iTunes used to work with it, and that is how MediaMonkey can use the iPod plugin to setup an iTunes file structure and make playlists and album art work properly.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    is there a way to get the album art to embed?? I have itunes now but that won't embed it in. If i switch to media monkey will it embed? Then show up back in Itunes as embedded?
    Yes MediaMonkey can embed album art. Will iTunes like it? Beats me, try it and report back. I would think it would work fine.
    tex - Regarding your avater: is that ink.... or blood.... dripping down the bottom of the image? No art on me, so I'm not sure if the process get's a little messy.
    tex - Regarding your avater: is that ink.... or blood.... dripping down the bottom of the image? No art on me, so I'm not sure if the process get's a little messy.
    I have several pieces of art on my body...and from experience, it looks like that is blood and ink dripping shortly after it was done.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Ozmodiar is right, its blood and ink. It was my first tat and I bleed like a stuck pig. And then bleed some more.

But hey lets not derail DanPLC's thread any more, he has enough pages for people to look through for answers.