Page 103 of 127 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2523
  1.    #2041  
    Palm has been consistently releasing updates to webOS. They've made a huge amount of changes in less than a year vs. the original 1.0 release. Version 1.4 continues along this line of constant improvement. Remember they're a small fish in a big pond right now and they don't have the resources to work on everything at once. I'm sure their media player and library APIs are on their to-do list.

The fact that Palm is not releasing the API is proof that they are aware that it needs changing/updating and that they plan on doing so. So I'm not sure why it would be necessary to email requests to them. They'll release it when they've updated it and they feel it's ready.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Yeah, I get that they're one of the best for releasing updates on a regular schedule. That's one of the reasons I switched.

As for nudging them about the various APIs it would be to let them know what their customers want and to help prioritise what gets done. I'm certainly not for things getting rushed. It just irks me when developers like yourself have the skills to make great things (relatively speaking mind you ) happen... but not the tools to work with.
  3.    #2043  
    The SDK is definitely lacking in certain areas; however every new release of webOS has brought us more APIs and services for us to use. So they're continuing to plug the holes with each new release.

The point of my original post was that there is nothing to be gained in being bitter or angry at Palm for not releasing this API. Since Palm has a record of improving and adding to their SDK with every webOS release, I think we can be certain that they're not releasing it for a good reason. When it's ready in their eyes, they'll release it.

Also keep in mind that webOS developers have access to APIs that other mobile platforms don't have access to. For instance, the iPhone doesn't have background processing available to 3rd party apps. My GeoStrings app, and many other great apps that make use of background processing, would not be possible on the iPhone. So while our SDK is lacking in certain areas, it excels in others.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    DanPLC, I have a question, and yes I did search for it first, and did not find any discussion of it in this thread.

Are you looking at possibly adding the functionality of double clicking the headset button in order to advance the track and give a short vibration to confirm?

There is a patch for this for the regular Music app, here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...k-advance.html

I asked the patch maintainer about it, and this was his response:
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't actually use Music Player Remix myself. From what I've seen though, the dev has been very receptive to suggestions, have you asked him if he'd be willing to incorporate the (very minimal) change necessary?
  5.    #2045  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    DanPLC, I have a question, and yes I did search for it first, and did not find any discussion of it in this thread.

Are you looking at possibly adding the functionality of double clicking the headset button in order to advance the track and give a short vibration to confirm?

There is a patch for this for the regular Music app, here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...k-advance.html

I asked the patch maintainer about it, and this was his response:
    No one else has asked for this change. It is a trivial change; however the way the patch initiates the vibration is by using an undocumented API which is not something I want to do. But of course there is a way using a documented API to accomplish the same thing, so that's not an issue.

But my question would be whether everyone would really want the phone vibrating everytime they switched tracks. Since no one else has asked for this, I don't know the answer to this question.

As far as my personal opinion, I guess I don't understand the desire of this change. If you're listening to the song in the headphones and switch tracks, why do you need a vibration to know whether the track changed? You would hear it change, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No one else has asked for this change. It is a trivial change; however the way the patch initiates the vibration is by using an undocumented API which is not something I want to do. But of course there is a way using a documented API to accomplish the same thing, so that's not an issue.

But my question would be whether everyone would really want the phone vibrating everytime they switched tracks. Since no one else has asked for this, I don't know the answer to this question.

As far as my personal opinion, I guess I don't understand the desire of this change. If you're listening to the song in the headphones and switch tracks, why do you need a vibration to know whether the track changed? You would hear it change, wouldn't you?
    It doesn't do it when you switch tracks all the time. It does it when you switch tracks using the headset button, to give some feedback to let you know that you haven't paused it.

When you press the button once, it pauses. When you press it twice quickly (if you're lucky) it switches to the next track. However, if you press it too fast or too slow it will just pause the track. If the next track that comes on is a quiet one, it's hard to tell the difference without some form of feedback.
  7.    #2047  
    It doesn't do it when you switch tracks all the time. It does it when you switch tracks using the headset button, to give some feedback to let you know that you haven't paused it.
    I know it only does it when you use the headset. But I still think not everyone would want their phone vibrating everytime they switch tracks with the headset button. So this wouldn't necessarily be a simple code change for me. I'd have to add a new section on the preferences screen so people could choose to disable this feature.

When you press the button once, it pauses. When you press it twice quickly (if you're lucky) it switches to the next track. However, if you press it too fast or too slow it will just pause the track. If the next track that comes on is a quiet one, it's hard to tell the difference without some form of feedback.
    If you can't hear a track because it's so quiet, then why even have that track in your playlist? I guess I don't have any songs that are so quiet that I wouldn't be able to determine that the track has changed.

If more people express interest in this change, then I'll add it to the list to add to the preferences screen.

No, I have no way to adjust the audio in any way (speed, volume, bass/treble, etc.)
    that's so bad. I have to listen a lot of lectures from my Teacher but with no speeding it's very hard.
    I know that the ipod touch had such a function. So all m4b files can be speedup to 2x speed.

regards, Eugen
    I know it only does it when you use the headset. But I still think not everyone would want their phone vibrating everytime they switch tracks with the headset button. So this wouldn't necessarily be a simple code change for me. I'd have to add a new section on the preferences screen so people could choose to disable this feature.

If you can't hear a track because it's so quiet, then why even have that track in your playlist? I guess I don't have any songs that are so quiet that I wouldn't be able to determine that the track has changed.

If more people express interest in this change, then I'll add it to the list to add to the preferences screen.
    Well I don't use your program myself, so don't go by me (it's very nice, but the default player works for me), just wanted to explain the request someone already made. And I thought it was pretty obvious that the whole song wouldn't be that quiet, but just the intro, and it can sometimes take a while to get to the louder parts. If the whole song was that quiet I'd just turn up the volume.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Would either of you (jhoff80 and DanPLC) mind if I created a patch myself to add this feature to Music Remix?
  11.    #2051  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Would either of you (jhoff80 and DanPLC) mind if I created a patch myself to add this feature to Music Remix?
    You can patch it on your own system if you'd like, but please do not distribute the patch publicily.

And like I said, if other people express interest in this feature then I can add it to my list of future features.
    Is there a way in Music Player (Remix) to turn off the auto randomize? If there is I can't find it. I use this app to listen to audio books. I don't have any music on my Pre. I love the bookmarks option to get me back to where I was. However, when i go to the bookmark, it will automatically have "randomize track" icon selected. I can easily unselect it. But is there a setting somewhere that defaults to this? Since I dont listen to music, it's of almost no use to be on by default.

Thanks.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  13.    #2053  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Is there a way in Music Player (Remix) to turn off the auto randomize? If there is I can't find it. I use this app to listen to audio books. I don't have any music on my Pre. I love the bookmarks option to get me back to where I was. However, when i go to the bookmark, it will automatically have "randomize track" icon selected. I can easily unselect it. But is there a setting somewhere that defaults to this? Since I dont listen to music, it's of almost no use to be on by default.

Thanks.
    This is probably the most asked question in this thread. It is on my to-do list to disable the auto-shuffle.

However as I've mentioned before, this and the many other modifications I have planned are on hold until Palm makes the media library API public and the app is eligible for release in the catalog. Until then my time is being focused on GeoStrings and other efforts.

This is probably the most asked question in this thread. It is on my to-do list to disable the auto-shuffle.
    Sorry. I should have looked more closely at the thread.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Can you use the Remix Music Player to access a playlist PLS files over the web?
    I have a custom music app that uses :
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', { method: 'launch', parameters:{ id: "com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer", params:{} }});

I would like to be able to access a Music Player such a Remix and be able to pass a playlist PLS file that is generated over the web. The PLS file contains pointers to HTTP locations of MP3 files. The streamingmusicplayer only plays to the first music file.

Can I access the remix music player instead and play the playlist PLS file?
    I would like to be able to see the playlist and play it from top to bottom.

Is this possible using Remix and accessing it from a custom app?
    Thanks for your help!
  16.    #2056  
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgemillit View Post
    Can you use the Remix Music Player to access a playlist PLS files over the web?
    I have a custom music app that uses :
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', { method: 'launch', parameters:{ id: "com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer", params:{} }});

I would like to be able to access a Music Player such a Remix and be able to pass a playlist PLS file that is generated over the web. The PLS file contains pointers to HTTP locations of MP3 files. The streamingmusicplayer only plays to the first music file.

Can I access the remix music player instead and play the playlist PLS file?
    I would like to be able to see the playlist and play it from top to bottom.

Is this possible using Remix and accessing it from a custom app?
    Thanks for your help!
    No there currently isn't a way to play streaming music in Music Player (Remix).

Hey. I'm a new pre user and I just thought I'd make a quick post to thank you for your work on this app. I was a little bit worried, coming from an iPhone, that playing music on the pre would be a bit poor and to be honest the default music player is not very good. However after installing your app I'm a lot happier about my decision to move over to the pre.

I did however want to just quickly echo something a few other people have already said. That is that the performance when viewing all artists is not amazing if you have a lot of artists on the device. As this problem is related to the app having to display album art for each artist it would be great if there was some way to disable this feature. I don't really need to be able to see cover art for each artist and would much rather have the performance boost.

Anyway, thank you so much for your efforts.
  18.    #2058  
    Quote Originally Posted by lancasteruk View Post
    I did however want to just quickly echo something a few other people have already said. That is that the performance when viewing all artists is not amazing if you have a lot of artists on the device. As this problem is related to the app having to display album art for each artist it would be great if there was some way to disable this feature. I don't really need to be able to see cover art for each artist and would much rather have the performance boost.
    I agree totally. When I begin work on the app again, speed increases (especially as it relates to navigating the lists of songs, artists, albums, etc.) are at the top of my to-do list.

does anyone know the original color settings under preferences? i changed them by mistake and can't seem to get it back to its original color.
  20.    #2060  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmaini View Post
    does anyone know the original color settings under preferences? i changed them by mistake and can't seem to get it back to its original color.
    Tonight I'll look up the original color settings in the old version of the app and post them here. The latest version of the app actually defaults to a wallpaper image when you first install it instead of the color settings.