Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2523
    when I launch remox, I get the arrows running in circles and it stays that way. looks like the app is having trouble finding my mp3s?
  2.    #2002  
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    when I launch remox, I get the arrows running in circles and it stays that way. looks like the app is having trouble finding my mp3s?
    Will your music load in the built-in player? Has your music ever loaded successfully in either app? If the answer is yes, have you loaded any new music recently? Can you try to delete the music from your player and load in a smaller subset to see if it loads in either the Remix app or the built-in music player app?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've noticed an issue where a song name sometimes gets "stuck"...meaning every few songs it'll show that song name regardless of which song is actually playing. I don't think this is specific to flylists; however I suppose that's possible since I do listen to flylists regularly. But oddly enough I haven't experienced this issue in awhile.

I have a list of bugs, including this one, that I plan on fixing before its release in the app catalog, if that ever happens. If I ever get the green light for a catalog release, I have a large list of enhancements and fixes that would go in prior to the release. But until then, GeoStrings and my next project will be my focus.

But if someone finds a bug or has a suggestion for a future feature, keep posting them here and I'll add it to the list.
    Will it be a charge for the app once it gets into the app catalog?
  4.    #2004  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will it be a charge for the app once it gets into the app catalog?
    If Palm finalized the media library APIs and I was able to release it in March or April, then I may decide to release it for free. The reason being is I believe it would be a serious contender for the "most downloaded free app" Palm contest.

If the APIs are not finalized until May or sometime thereafter, then most likely I would charge for the app; however I anticipate the price will be pretty low.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

DanPLC,

Thanks very much for all your hard work on this app. It's a vast improvement from the native music player.

While I can understand your desire to make money from your efforts, I have a request. PLEASE don't take this app away from us non-US Pre users by making it paid only! This app is simply too good to lose. While Europe may have a date for paid apps, the rest of us are still waiting for who-knows-how-long, so I hope you will remember us and leave a version in homebrew. I'd be happy to pay for this app when I can. It's definitely worth it.

Thanks again! Looking forward to future development.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    First off, the bookmark-feature could be very useful, when having an audiobook merged into one big file, instead of having lots of single files, at least that's my approach.

I noticed however, that when using fastforward/-rewind or seeking with the scrollbar in huge files, the 'time-code' changes/progresses but the audio remains at the same spot.

Are there any known limitations regarding huge mp3s?

By the way, the 'Resume Playback for Audiobooks' in the stock player is quite funny and doesn't work very well with huge audiofiles. It works quite well for some time, but some times when opening your audiobook again, it starts again at 00:00 for no apparent reason, which is quite annoying when having to seek where you left off in an audiobook that is 8 hrs long.

Greetz,
    kickapoo
  7.    #2007  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    DanPLC,

Thanks very much for all your hard work on this app. It's a vast improvement from the native music player.

While I can understand your desire to make money from your efforts, I have a request. PLEASE don't take this app away from us non-US Pre users by making it paid only! This app is simply too good to lose. While Europe may have a date for paid apps, the rest of us are still waiting for who-knows-how-long, so I hope you will remember us and leave a version in homebrew. I'd be happy to pay for this app when I can. It's definitely worth it.

Thanks again! Looking forward to future development.
    The media library APIs aren't even public yet, so it may not even be released before Europe and other parts of the world gets paid apps.

And also international users will continue to be able to use the older version of the app that they already have installed on their phones. However it will be the catalog version that gets all the new features and fixes.

8.    #2008  
    Quote Originally Posted by kickapoo View Post
    Are there any known limitations regarding huge mp3s?
    Yes I believe there are. There have been previous discussions concerning issues related to long audio files, both with the Remix app and the built-in music player.

If Palm finalized the media library APIs and I was able to release it in March or April, then I may decide to release it for free. The reason being is I believe it would be a serious contender for the "most downloaded free app" Palm contest.
    I'd say you stand a <minding_my_language> darned </minding_my_language> good chance. Best of luck with that!
  10.    #2010  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    I'd say you stand a <minding_my_language> darned </minding_my_language> good chance. Best of luck with that!
    I seriously doubt the APIs will be opened up before May, so no honestly I don't think there's a chance of that.

The media library APIs aren't even public yet, so it may not even be released before Europe and other parts of the world gets paid apps.

And also international users will continue to be able to use the older version of the app that they already have installed on their phones. However it will be the catalog version that gets all the new features and fixes.
    Fair enough. Thanks for doing this for us.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Could there be an option to disable album art? I have a lot of different artists and albums on my pre and I have a feeling that this is what's causing it to load and scroll slowly since it's only like that when I'm in Artist View.
    Thanks for this great app!
  13.    #2013  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    Could there be an option to disable album art? I have a lot of different artists and albums on my pre and I have a feeling that this is what's causing it to load and scroll slowly since it's only like that when I'm in Artist View.
    Thanks for this great app!
    I have it on my list to explore this option.

Yep, I know. It's related to the other known issue where the app sometimes plays the song after the next song for a 1/2 second. It's related to the landscape mode I implemented. The original music player app (that my app is based on) keeps track of the current playing song in a really funky, unnatural way which made implementing landscape mode very difficult. It's on my list of things to correct.
    Hi, will there be a way to simply disable the landscape mode to work around the known bug mentionned above ? A simple checkbox to prevent the app from detecting the orientation of the Pre would be great.

Thanks
    If Palm finalized the media library APIs and I was able to release it in March or April, then I may decide to release it for free.
    Hi Dan,

I don't really understand the constant requests for free apps. Are people really so cheap that they'll pay $70 per month for their phone service with internet and text messages and all that goes with it, but can't pay a lousy one-time fee of $4.99 for a great app that they will use every day?

I don't feel that I'm entitled to use your work for free; I feel that you deserve to be paid for your hard work. I'm an author, and if I didn't get paid royalties for the sales of my books, I wouldn't be able to support myself.

I guess you don't have to answer, because there is no answer. People are cheap, and we want things for free. However, if you put up a link for donations, I would donate.

Your fan - Pansy
  16.    #2016  
    Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    Hi, will there be a way to simply disable the landscape mode to work around the known bug mentionned above ? A simple checkbox to prevent the app from detecting the orientation of the Pre would be great.

Thanks
    No it's not as simple as that. Landscape mode doesn't cause the issue. It's the way it was implemented in conjunction with the current mechanism to switch tracks and animate the album art covers. Unfortunately I'm dealing with some convoluted code that came from the built-in music player.

But yes there will eventually be an option to freeze the orientation for people who don't like the orientation to change.

17.    #2017  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansy View Post
    I don't really understand the constant requests for free apps. Are people really so cheap that they'll pay $70 per month for their phone service with internet and text messages and all that goes with it, but can't pay a lousy one-time fee of $4.99 for a great app that they will use every day?
    If you look at the number of downloads of free apps vs. paid apps, it's a mind-boggling difference. The crappiest free app will in most cases have many more downloads than the most useful paid app. As soon as people see "download for free", they just hit the download button without even thinking about it. But for some reason, if there's a $ sign on that button, they move on.

I get the impression that iPhone users are more willing to shell out a few bucks for a good app. I know a bunch of people at work with iPhones and they're always playing around with apps. I think Apple has done a great job in marketing apps to their users. Of course having an established user community with iTunes doesn't hurt.

However, if you put up a link for donations, I would donate.
    There already is a donation link in the first post if you would like to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    The current scenario is that on your computer you either...
    1) ...already have folders with music in them and m3u playlist files already exist in them in which case you just copy the whole folder over to your Pre via usb cable
    2) ...or you don't have any m3u files yet... Which means you have to create some playlists on your PC (the non-iTunes method being)... Create a new folder on your PC. Drag a bunch of songs into it. Then drag all those songs into wmplayer and save as a playlist of type m3u into the same folder. Now drag that folder to your Pre via usb.
    Thanks to all who have posted about this, especially Dan-the-man! However, I can't get this to work for me.

I found out how to create an m3u playlist in Windows Media Player 11 (thanks to this forum). I created 5 of them for 5 audiobooks I wanted to listen to. The m3u playlists are each in the same directory as the files for that playlist. I connect my PRE via USB, and then drag the appropriate folders to the MUSIC folder on the PRE.

When I open Remix, it shows 67 files. They are organized beautifully if you click on Artists or Albums, but when I click on Playlists, it says "There are no items in this category.

I'm wondering if it's the path in the m3u file - too long? Too explicit?:

#EXTINF:0,Grave Surprise - Part 06 of 07.mp3
    D:\My Audio Collection\Converted Audio\Harris, Charlaine\Harris-Connelly, book 02, Grave Surprise (Unab) 80@22\Grave Surprise - Part 06 of 07.mp3

Any help welcome!
  19.    #2019  
    Thanks to all who have posted about this, especially Dan-the-man! However, I can't get this to work for me.

I found out how to create an m3u playlist in Windows Media Player 11 (thanks to this forum). I created 5 of them for 5 audiobooks I wanted to listen to. The m3u playlists are each in the same directory as the files for that playlist. I connect my PRE via USB, and then drag the appropriate folders to the MUSIC folder on the PRE.

When I open Remix, it shows 67 files. They are organized beautifully if you click on Artists or Albums, but when I click on Playlists, it says "There are no items in this category.

I'm wondering if it's the path in the m3u file - too long? Too explicit?:

#EXTINF:0,Grave Surprise - Part 06 of 07.mp3
    D:\My Audio Collection\Converted Audio\Harris, Charlaine\Harris-Connelly, book 02, Grave Surprise (Unab) 80@22\Grave Surprise - Part 06 of 07.mp3

Any help welcome!
    The only way I've attempted (and succeeded) in getting it to work is to place all the files in a single directory and drag those files into WMP and save that file list as an M3U. Then I place the M3U file into the same directory as the music files.

I suppose you could create sub-directories under that main directory; however I assume the M3U would have to be copied to the root directory where the sub-directories are stored. However like I said, I've never tried to do it with sub-directories, so I don't know if that works or not. Maybe someone else who's tried it can chime in.

If the APIs are not finalized until May or sometime thereafter, then most likely I would charge for the app; however I anticipate the price will be pretty low.
    Hello Dan,

There was a meeting with Palm and SFR at Paris yesterday evening :
    http://www.precentral.net/sfr-and-pa...eloper-contest

And I thought at your problem above.
    I asked a question at Dion Almaer :
    Is the media library API not fixed and stable ?
    and he said :
    Ah, there were bugs in the library.
    The 1.4 Beta release (Palm webOS ?) is more efficient.
    Everything has been cleaned.

Sorry, I have no others news for you. I hope it will help you.
    I finish to localize Preware and translate it in French
    and after that, I can localize Music Player Remix and translate it in French.

PS : In France , there is a developer contest with
    * first : 30000 €
    * 2th : 20000 €
    * 3th : 15000 €
    * 4th : 7000 €
    * 5th : 3000 €

You can register here :
    Mon compte | SFR Jeunes Talents Développeurs
    And the rules are here :
    Règlement | SFR Jeunes Talents Développeurs
    Dead Line : 11 April 2010.