Page 100 of 127 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2523
  1.    #1981  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandmsfam View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I did figure that out and have it installed now. I am also having a problem with bookmarks though. I have some audiobooks and when I put a bookmark it seems to do an autoshuffle of the book chapters--although it keeps my place in the chapter, it puts the chapters in random order making the bookmark really kind of useless for this purpose. Any ideas on how to avoid the shuffle when you don't want it? I can see a benefit for music files but not for audiobooks.

Thanks again
    Manual bookmarks currently only save a position within a file, not a playlist.

If you're referring to automatic bookmarks (which are stored when you exit the app), when you tap on "Resume Play" to start playing the song/book where it left off, it does start off in shuffle mode. This has been discussed many times in this thread (including on the previous page of this thread). It'll be something I address in the future. In the meantime, you should be able to tap the shuffle icon to restore the track's original order.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hi Dan,

it's a great app, thanks a lot!

I'm not too sure if the player should play any music when the phone is muted. Just had a moment in the library
  3.    #1983  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Hi Dan,

I'm not too sure if the player should play any music when the phone is muted. Just had a moment in the library
    Ringer volume and music volume are two different settings on the phone. When the music player (or remix) is running, you can adjust the music volume using the volume keys on the side of the phone. When they're not running, the volume keys adjust the ringer volume.

So if you have the ringer muted, music will still play.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Hi Dan -

Thanks for this wonderful app! Being able to actually control the slider is already a huge improvement, and the resume feature works great.

I'm not sure whether it's because I'm an early Pre Plus user, but the bookmarks seem not to work. I click on one, and it brings the podcast up, in the right location, but then immediately jumps to the beginning.

Also, I was delighted to see the sleep function, and the jump ahead/behind feature are on your list. I think this will make the app really popular (when it gets in the catalog) with podcast and audio book users. To get some hints for the UI, you might look at the Pocket Tunes skin HIFI Jump (NormSoft : Pocket Tunes Skins), if you haven't seen it.
    I occasionally have problems when playing a flylist where a track will stop playing (go into "pause") for no apparant reason, and other times abruptly jump to the next track for no apparant reason. On at least one occasion, it skipped through 5 or 6 tracks, playing each for only about a second.

Any idea what could cause that?

Seems to happen mainly in the car, when I have my Pre on a vent mount. Could it have something to do with movement or vibration?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  6.    #1986  
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Fisher View Post
    I'm not sure whether it's because I'm an early Pre Plus user, but the bookmarks seem not to work. I click on one, and it brings the podcast up, in the right location, but then immediately jumps to the beginning.
    What is the length of the podcast? I'm guessing it's a long one. Can you try the manual bookmarks on a regular music file and let me know if it works for you?

Also, I was delighted to see the sleep function, and the jump ahead/behind feature are on your list. I think this will make the app really popular (when it gets in the catalog) with podcast and audio book users. To get some hints for the UI, you might look at the Pocket Tunes skin HIFI Jump (NormSoft : Pocket Tunes Skins), if you haven't seen it.
    I already have an idea of how I'll implement the jump buttons. It'll be a bit different than that Pocket Tunes screenshot.

7.    #1987  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I occasionally have problems when playing a flylist where a track will stop playing (go into "pause") for no apparant reason, and other times abruptly jump to the next track for no apparant reason. On at least one occasion, it skipped through 5 or 6 tracks, playing each for only about a second.

Any idea what could cause that?

Seems to happen mainly in the car, when I have my Pre on a vent mount. Could it have something to do with movement or vibration?
    There's isn't any code that would cause the tracks to pause or skip based upon vibration. So no, I'm not sure why it would be doing that in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Hi Dan,

Yeah, this is actually due to the way webOS is set up and not something specific to the Remix app. Unlike previous Palm products, the ringer switch only mutes ringtones and a few other system sounds. Game noises, alarms, and both the video and music players still have sound. You can change a setting in the Clock app preferences so the alarm won't play if the ringer switch is off. For everything else, if you're not averse to installing patches, check out the Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute patch. It's available on Preware or you can do a search in these forums. I'm posting this from my PrPrPr&#$275$;, $so$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $quick$ $access$ $to$ $any$ $links$ $right$ $now$, $but$ $a$ $little$ $searching$ $will$ $get$ $you$ $where$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $be$. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $using$ $it$ $for$ $a$ $while$ $now$ $and$ $it$ $works$ $beautifully$.
    Hi Dan,

i don't know if any of this is mentioned so far in this huge thread (i found nothing specific about it here). I have some problems playing playlists over my bluetooth A2DP Headset (Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205) . When connected it ALWAYS plays the first song without any problem, but when changing to the next song it often interrupts the bluetooth connection. Sometime resulting in an PAUSE of the next track, sometimes resulting in PLAYING the next song without hearing it through BT nor speakers.
    I have a slight suspicion it is more often with flylist and perhaps it has something to do with WIFI on at the same time. I have the Pre on my touchstone at that moment ("streaming" via bt to my home amp). When i have it outdoors (perhaps without WIFI) it sometimes works flawlessly for a whole playlist even with phonecalls in between an unpausing the music afterwards - all without connection break to the bt-headset.

Could this be some general Pre problem with streaming breaks between songchange? http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...dora-fail.html .

Do you know anything about?

I read somewhere you do not have a BT-headset, perhaps WE should buy you one to be able to figure out the problem. btw. same happens with standard Palm MusicPlayer.

[update] oh and btw. sometimes i can reenable the connection it by using the bt-controls stop/pause/play or forward to next song, only to have it broken after the next or after two songs
  10.    #1990  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    btw. same happens with standard Palm MusicPlayer.
    I'm not aware of anything in the app code that would affect bluetooth connectivity. If the same thing happens in the standard Music Player, then I suspect it's not a bug in the app code, but a bug in the webOS audio or bluetooth implementations.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not aware of anything in the app code that would affect bluetooth connectivity. If the same thing happens in the standard Music Player, then I suspect it's not a bug in the app code, but a bug in the webOS audio or bluetooth implementations.
    Can anybody else verify this issue, or is it my BT-headset or my Pre?

[Update] here are others with similar probs... hmmm http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ifi-issue.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    What is the length of the podcast? I'm guessing it's a long one. Can you try the manual bookmarks on a regular music file and let me know if it works for you?
    The problem is independent of length, or whether is genre podcast, or an Amazon mp3, or whatever. I now realize it is an intermittent problem. If I set a bookmark, and then gesture back over and over again, tapping that bookmark, it always tries to go to that spot. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes I see it go back to 00:00 and then forward to the bookmark, and sometimes it goes to 00:00 and starts from there. I assume the first two cases are probably the same, but the screen refresh doesn't pick up the going back to zero and then forward to the bookmark.

Oddly, this never happens with "resume"; that always works perfectly. I wonder if there is something about the Pre Plus that's doing it?
  13.    #1993  
    The problem is independent of length, or whether is genre podcast, or an Amazon mp3, or whatever. I now realize it is an intermittent problem. If I set a bookmark, and then gesture back over and over again, tapping that bookmark, it always tries to go to that spot. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes I see it go back to 00:00 and then forward to the bookmark, and sometimes it goes to 00:00 and starts from there. I assume the first two cases are probably the same, but the screen refresh doesn't pick up the going back to zero and then forward to the bookmark.

Oddly, this never happens with "resume"; that always works perfectly. I wonder if there is something about the Pre Plus that's doing it?
    That's an interesting question about the Pre Plus. If someone else has a Pre Plus and could chime in, that would be great.

On my Pre Classic, the manual bookmarks work fine.

not sure if it's just me but flylist routinely shows the wrong song when it's playing
  15.    #1995  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    not sure if it's just me but flylist routinely shows the wrong song when it's playing
    I've noticed an issue where a song name sometimes gets "stuck"...meaning every few songs it'll show that song name regardless of which song is actually playing. I don't think this is specific to flylists; however I suppose that's possible since I do listen to flylists regularly. But oddly enough I haven't experienced this issue in awhile.

I have a list of bugs, including this one, that I plan on fixing before its release in the app catalog, if that ever happens. If I ever get the green light for a catalog release, I have a large list of enhancements and fixes that would go in prior to the release. But until then, GeoStrings and my next project will be my focus.

But if someone finds a bug or has a suggestion for a future feature, keep posting them here and I'll add it to the list.

Most sloguish piece of software ever. Not that the original Music app is any better but if you are trying to make it better focus on what counts. And that is the flow. SO many bugs, laggy issues, its near impossible to play music and search the web.
    F3ZIE - Maybe you should delete it from your phone. That way you won't have any hassles in your life and you won't have to post here any more...
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    how about you make a better one ***.. Don't criticize unless you can make something better. Most of the pre and pixi userbase love this app. Sure it has a few minor bugs but it's 10x better than the stock music app.
  19.    #1999  
    F3ZIE, you should read the post right before yours where I explain the current status of the app and it's pending bug fixes. In light of that, I'm not sure of the purpose of your post's tone and nature.

But in my opinion, as someone who uses the app on a daily basis, I believe you are exaggerating a bit in regards to the severity of the bugs.
    +1
    great app. This app is one of the reasons I have stuck with the pre and not moved to android. Palm should hire this guy. Still amazes me how these homebrew apps are supperior to official and palm apps