Page 10 of 127 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 2523
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    DanPLC, great patch of the built-in music player-- Mucho Kudos!

    Here's another vote for incorporating the Ignore A, An & The in Artist and Album Names WebOS Internals hack. I applied the patches to the default player but it'd be great to have them in the remix player too! Of course if you're already working on that then just ignore this post...
    It's on my wish list. It's definitely a nice feature and should have been included in the built-in app.
  2. #182  
    this app is dope
  3. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #183  
    Ok I feel dumb asking this question, but I need to find out. Everyone is commenting about on-the-fly playlist (I would like this feature too) but how is everyone adding playlists from their computer? Do you have to use itunes? I refuse to do that. Can you just copy and paste m3u playlists into the music folder?
  4. #184  
    The current scenario is that on your computer you either...
    1) ...already have folders with music in them and m3u playlist files already exist in them in which case you just copy the whole folder over to your Pre via usb cable
    2) ...or you don't have any m3u files yet... Which means you have to create some playlists on your PC (the non-iTunes method being)... Create a new folder on your PC. Drag a bunch of songs into it. Then drag all those songs into wmplayer and save as a playlist of type m3u into the same folder. Now drag that folder to your Pre via usb.
  5. #185  
    Any news on when we can expect an update version with bookmarks? I only ask as
    I recently uploaded a bunch of audio books for vacation. I leave on Sunday and was dreaming of having book marking ability through Dan's excellent program!
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJMBrooklyn View Post
    Any news on when we can expect an update version with bookmarks? I only ask as
    I recently uploaded a bunch of audio books for vacation. I leave on Sunday and was dreaming of having book marking ability through Dan's excellent program!
    I'm close to having it ready. There's one little problem that I'm still trying to fix. The first time you select a bookmark, it'll load the track, but start at 00:00. After that, you can select any bookmark and it'll load properly. So I just need to figure out what is resetting the time to 00:00 the first time a bookmark is selected.

    After that, I need to implement a few more little fixes. I would definitely like to get it out this weekend...so you might get lucky.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm close to having it ready. There's one little problem that I'm still trying to fix. The first time you select a bookmark, it'll load the track, but start at 00:00. After that, you can select any bookmark and it'll load properly. So I just need to figure out what is resetting the time to 00:00 the first time a bookmark is selected.
    In the patch for the music player, the bookmarks were set so that you had to hit next for it to jump to your bookmark. If you implemented code from the patch perhaps this feature was left in accidentally.
  8. Kleany's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #188  
    on the fly playlist!
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
    In the patch for the music player, the bookmarks were set so that you had to hit next for it to jump to your bookmark. If you implemented code from the patch perhaps this feature was left in accidentally.
    No I wrote all the bookmark code from scratch. My intent was to start the track at the saved position automatically.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm close to having it ready. There's one little problem that I'm still trying to fix. The first time you select a bookmark, it'll load the track, but start at 00:00. After that, you can select any bookmark and it'll load properly. So I just need to figure out what is resetting the time to 00:00 the first time a bookmark is selected.

    After that, I need to implement a few more little fixes. I would definitely like to get it out this weekend...so you might get lucky.
    Thanks Dan! I will check this thread anxiously until I take off for vacation Sunday morning. Regardless of whether I get bookmarks in time, your efforts on Remix are most appreciated!!
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJMBrooklyn View Post
    Thanks Dan! I will check this thread anxiously until I take off for vacation Sunday morning. Regardless of whether I get bookmarks in time, your efforts on Remix are most appreciated!!
    Well good news... I just fixed that bug. Bookmarks are working now! So I should have a release ready by tomorrow.
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well good news... I just fixed that bug. Bookmarks are working now! So I should have a release ready by tomorrow.
    YAY!!!
  13.    #193  
    The new version of the app (0.6.0) has been released!!! (Until it's available in the homebrew catalog, you can find a link to it in the first post of this thread)

    Here are a list of the new features and bug fixes (many of which came as requests in this thread):

    - Bookmarks!!! When you tap and hold the slider for a second, a bookmark will be saved. Also, a "Save Bookmark" option has been added to the menu. You can play your bookmarks by going to the new "Bookmarks" section in the main menu.

    - When displaying the "Playlist" screen, hide the "ABC" element since it will mess up the text in the titlebar, and also the "ABC" list is not necessary since the number of songs in a playlist should be fairly minimal.

    - Increase the width of the slider bar and move the time remaining and current time to below the slider.

    - Increase the width of the time remaining and current time so songs longer than 1 hour will be displayed properly.

    - Re-design the "ABC" search algorithm on the "Songs" screen. The screen now pre-renders all list items (which may slow the loading of the screen down a bit), but the selection of an alphabet letter will be instantaneous. This also fixes a bug where if the song count was greater than 500, the search would not work in the opposite direction.

    - Separate out the Next, Pause/Play, and Previous buttons at the bottom of the screen.

    - Only display a "new song" notification when the music player app is not maximized.

    - In the "Now Playing" screen, instead of tapping the artist, song name, or progress slider to bring up the "Artists" screen, now you can flick up or down on the album art.

    The one thing I wanted to include in this release was auto bookmark saving/restoring. I did get it working. It saved a bookmark when exiting the app and then restored it when starting the app. However, every now and then when starting the app, it would lock up (the music would play, but you couldn't tap on anything). I still haven't found the source of that bug. So until then, I've disabled the feature.

    So when exiting the app, if you want to go back to the track later, just remember to tap and hold the progress slider to save the bookmark. Then when you start the app, go to the "Bookmarks" section on the main menu and load the bookmark.
  14. #194  
    Woo, it's like Christmas! I tried out the new version and there are a few bugs I found. The time gets covered by the shuffle and replay buttons and when you click the "Now Playing" button, it restarts the current song at the beginning. Bookmarking seems to work pretty well. I'm just curious if you plan on bookmarking the position in the playlist as well when you implement the save on exit?

    Just realized the time gets covered due to notifications.
  15.    #195  
    I found a small bug where the slider and progress information are still displayed when switching to "song list" mode in the "Now Playing" screen. I'm removing the link to the new app until I get the fixed version up.
  16.    #196  
    Ok, I fixed the bug. Version 0.6.1 has been uploaded. It's available via the link in the first post in this thread.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    Woo, it's like Christmas! I tried out the new version and there are a few bugs I found. The time gets covered by the shuffle and replay buttons and when you click the "Now Playing" button, it restarts the current song at the beginning. Bookmarking seems to work pretty well. I'm just curious if you plan on bookmarking the position in the playlist as well when you implement the save on exit?

    Just realized the time gets covered due to notifications.
    I'll look at the "Now Playing button restarting the track issue".

    I won't be working on saving the position in the playlist just yet. Saving the whole playlist is a bit complicated.
  18. hopfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #198  
    Any chance that this application can help the Pre play .ogg or other presently unsupported file types (flac, etc.)? I have lots of .ogg files, and dread the thought of re-burning my cds!
  19.    #199  
    Ok, version 0.6.2 is up to fix the issue where the track would start over when the "Now Playing" button is pressed. If you find any other issues, please post them here.
  20. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #200  
    Can you add an option to keep the screen on? This would be useful when driving and using an AUX port/FM transmitter, etc etc. With the screen always on, it would be easier and safer to switch tracks, navigate albums etc etc.
    Thanks for the updates btw!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions