1.    #1  
    I know this is probably easy once it is explained, but since there is no documentation that I have seen...

When setting up the gAuth up for the first time on the phone, I choose to add an account.

I enter my gmail account address which I have set the two factor authentication on. (This I am assuming is correct)

Then, when it asks for the Key - What do I put in there? Anything, and I mean anything I put in there it results in "Key is To Short!" Error message.

I tried my gmail account password, to one of the keys Google sent me earlier as well as one of my hard copied backup codes.

I am using version 1.1.0 on Palm Pixi + UberKernel
    I believe you need to create an application password on the google accounts settings web page. The phones don't work with 2 factor auth.
    Hi! The key GAuth is looking for is the key you get when you set up two-factor authentication. See this Google page for a guide on how to set up two-factor authentication - the key you need to enter in the app is the one you get when you set it up. (it should be a series of letters, grouped in threes and separated by spaces)
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I just figured that out.

Basically, I figured out that you had to authorize the app in the Google app authentication page. Then, after I did that, it gave me the key I was supposed to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstoll View Post
    Hi! The key GAuth is looking for is the key you get when you set up two-factor authentication. See this Google page for a guide on how to set up two-factor authentication - the key you need to enter in the app is the one you get when you set it up. (it should be a series of letters, grouped in threes and separated by spaces)
    that explains a lot
    no wonder it didn't work, even on 1.1.0
    thx
    Thank you Greg for a great app. Just downloaded and configured on my Pre3 for my AWS account. Works well.