Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Presentation Controller for webOS
    (works with Microsoft PowerPointŪ and OpenOffice Impress)

Presentation Controller v.1.3.0 is now available in the App Catalog.

Now with Slide Viewer*

* Slide Viewer only on XP and Vista at the moment...

New Video

Old Video:

With Presentation Controller, you can control your presentation directly from your Pre using WiFi. Even better, Presentation Controller helps you precisely manage your presentation time.

• Touchscreen controls to advance or go back slides
    • Full navigation: previous/next , first/last slide, and pause/restart
      Timer on screen to help with pacing
    • Supports all versions from Office XP to the latest, plus Open Office Impress too.

Thanks to customer (friends) feedback, updates to Presentation Controller include:
    • Go To Slide #
    • Spacebar Advance
    • Screen-Stay-Awake

By installing Presentation Controller on your Pre and a free server program on your PC, you will have complete control over your presentation.

Requirements:

1. Computer must be running Windows XP / Vista / 7
    2. Server application must be installed and running on your computer.
    3. WiFi network. The webOS device and your computer must be on the same local area network. ***If you have Mobile HotSpot an adHoc network is easily created by turning that app on.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 12/07/2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: added OpenOffice Impress and Mobile HotSpot info
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Nice. Good work on this. Curious to see how easy the setup will be. One thing may be to have a wizard run on the PC that provides the settings they need. (computername, ipaddress, username) so that the end user just has to key them in on the Pre app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Nice. Good work on this. Curious to see how easy the setup will be. One thing may be to have a wizard run on the PC that provides the settings they need. (computername, ipaddress, username) so that the end user just has to key them in on the Pre app.
    I wish I could do that, but there are just too many types of set-ups. Port numbers may conflict, etc.

I include a step by step set up video and written instructions as well, plus if anyone gets really stuck I'll set it up for them with a pc/video conferencing session.
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Does this work with Linux? maybe under wine?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    i cant wait to install this!
    Nice job Manny! You're an app-creating machine! lol
    great work man..

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    In cases where a wifi network isn't available is it somehow possible to use mobile hotspot?i don't believe you can reconnect the Pre to its own mobile hotspot so i don't know how possible it wold be.But i guess you could consider it as a future modification if an independent wifi network is unavailable
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Does this work with Linux? maybe under wine?
    I think it does under wine, but I don't have access to a Linux box, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    In cases where a wifi network isn't available is it somehow possible to use mobile hotspot?i don't believe you can reconnect the Pre to its own mobile hotspot so i don't know how possible it wold be.But i guess you could consider it as a future modification if an independent wifi network is unavailable
    Not sure. I'll see what I can do.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    YES!!!
    Both PPT Controller and PC Display Master work on a Mobile Hotspot ad-hoc network.

It works if you have mobile hotspot turned on, on your webOS device. Once connected, you need to put in the IP address it assigns the PC.

Thanks for the tip. Now I need to add that to the instructions...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 11/15/2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added link
    great to hear that i helped i don't know where i pulled that idea out from
    What will the Powerpoint controller go for? I sent you a pm.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What will the Powerpoint controller go for? I sent you a pm.
    Here was the motivation:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2384381

I priced it at 1/2 the price of these apps:
    Presentation Remote Control - Cyrket
    i-Clickr PowerPoint Remote

I figure Professionals can get their money's worth with one presentation, or give up buying just 1 game or a couple of Venti cappuccinos...

Last edited by Mannyman; 11/16/2010 at 05:08 AM. Reason: added link
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Interesting software - nice idea, as I present quite a bit and use a dedicated Kensington device for it.

The requirement for wifi makes me shy away from this, however. Having a Sprint Pre, I don't have mobile hotspot and I can't tie in to the wifi network at most convention centers (they are secure networks).

If you can add BT connectivity to this, you'd have a better product in my book. The i-Clickr you referenced has this as an option - I think it's a good one. And BT seems like a lower power draw than wifi.
    Can't wait to try it...maybe even use it for my Dev Day presentation on Friday if it's available! {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Can't wait to try it...maybe even use it for my Dev Day presentation on Friday if it's available! {Jonathan}
    maybe he can send you an IPK in exchange for publicity
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Interesting software - nice idea, as I present quite a bit and use a dedicated Kensington device for it.

The requirement for wifi makes me shy away from this, however. Having a Sprint Pre, I don't have mobile hotspot and I can't tie in to the wifi network at most convention centers (they are secure networks).

If you can add BT connectivity to this, you'd have a better product in my book. The i-Clickr you referenced has this as an option - I think it's a good one. And BT seems like a lower power draw than wifi.
    Not possible at the momement.
    Maybe once HP/Palm adds features to its webOS BT implementation....

A Sprint Pre owner may have to look up adding mobilehotspot to their device on this Forum. Here's how.

PS. I neither condemn nor condone...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 11/18/2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: grammar
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    PM me your email.

Your email can't read "scoutcamper@..."

If you like it you can buy it later...or consider it a review copy.
    Would like feedback to improve it.
  19.    #19  
    Almost in the App Catalog:
  20.    #20  
    Last edited by Mannyman; 11/23/2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Name Change
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast