Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I know you could do it. Cool!
    any luck on adding muliple logins say ip for work, ip for home, etc..
  3.    #63  
    So far win7 users (all 2 of them) have not reported success in using slide view functionality. Looking for alternate solutions...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    I wasn't able to use it either but I saw your message saying screenstream needed to be installed. I installed it but I think once you put the directions for how to install it will solve lots of issues people might be having. You should also update the help section. I am configuring it now.
    i emailed screen stream support they came back with the program is depriciated so is not 64 bit capable. It would not even install on my laptop, however, I ran it thru the compatiblility thing, and got it to install, the pre than sits there trying to load the screen, nada happens. I will try that thin vnc client see if that will work for it. Damn good try though Manny. I appreciate your efforts. Now go to bed and get some sleep lolol.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Email sent.

Were you skydiving unsuccessfully?
    lol naw, weeeee splat is something from my old freestyle skiing days. When you stalled a triple twisting, triple back flip.. WEEEEEEEEEE is the sound you made going through the air, Splat was the sound you made when you hit the snow head first. Its the same sound i have made falling while bloudering in the rockies, and when my hang glider wings did the butterfly on me.. Yes i have banged my head a few times.. lolol maybe thats why i own a palm pre lolol
    okie dokie,, i ran up a few lil tricks with win 7 and got screen stream to run,, sorta,, its a lil hit an miss at the moment,, what is strange though is i will get the desk top on the pre, i can see my task bar, etc etc, but can not see the power point presentation.. and when that is working the controls for ppt controler dont work.. werid.. but i will keep pluggin away at it.. i have some thing configed wrong.. i hope... lol by the way manny,, weeee splat,, i go to the good doc today,, for my weekly back and neck straightening.. lol.. she has told me to get the hell off the comp an pre for at least a month.. she said it would help my a lot weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee splat..
  8.    #68  
    I've made a lot of progress on alternate solutions for the slide viewer functionality. ScreenStream seems to be giving some people some problems so I'll be replacing that program with something else.
    It turns out the thinvnc program I was looking at uses VLC for desktop screen streaming, so if I can figure that out, I'll use that instead.
    I'm not getting too far on figuring out the VLC options that work with webOS, but its kind of fun trying.
    If all else fails I've found a fool proof way of doing it but it requires 2 additional downloads instead of 1, so am holding off on that for now.

Thanks for your patience with this, those of you who have had issues with ScreenStream.

Manny
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    ANy progress on the Active Inspire? Also I would like to try the other fix if possible until you get the workaround you want.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ANy progress on the Active Inspire? Also I would like to try the other fix if possible until you get the workaround you want.
    I'm on it.
    It's basically done.
    Let me know when we can troubleshoot your set-up offline.
    If that doesn't work, I'll send you the Beta that works with the alternate solution.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 12/15/2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo
    I am ready when you are.
  12.    #72  
    Mamouton,
    Sent 2 videos to your gmail account...
    Thanks I watched them and my video streaming is not configurable. When I go to localhost:89 it shows my desktop The pre just wont pick it up is there a setting I need to change on the pre?
  14.    #74  
    Thanks I watched them and my video streaming is not configurable. When I go to localhost:89 it shows my desktop The pre just wont pick it up is there a setting I need to change on the pre?
    You can ignore that video streaming tab, as that is for additional webcam streaming. Not needed for this app.

We'll run some more tests. Is there anyone besides me who has gotten it to work?
  15.    #75  
    I wasn't able to use it either but I saw your message saying screenstream needed to be installed. I installed it but I think once you put the directions for how to install it will solve lots of issues people might be having. You should also update the help section. I am configuring it now.
    Problem solved.
    It was a matter of lowering the screen resolution on his PC.

Mamouton's 20-something inch Monitor can handle a lot more pixels than our webOS devices...but it could be bandwidth issues as well.

People should see what works for their own network environment.

Now if X-Forsaken can figure out the win7 issue we're gold....
  16.    #76  
    Added More Presentation Software Support:
    Adobe Reader
    and Active Inspire (Mamouton will leave me alone now...)
    Just need to add that Church Program and I'll send it to Palm....
    Hey you are the man Mannyman! I have several teachers I am going to show that too. Thanks!
  18.    #78  
    I just want to be Liked:
    Gomez Industries | Facebook

Seriously though, join my brand new facebook page.

In the future there will be rewards, prizes , etc...

Last edited by Mannyman; 12/16/2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typo
    I have another request :-) multiple logins or ways to save a profile similar to ampache mobile and ampache pre. Let the bugging begin! :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  20.    #80  
    Ok everyone, here it comes....

(Mamouton, that's your cue.)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast