Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lol! I am setting up that image picture to scare the bejeevies out of someone.
  2.    #22  
    mamouton,
    tell me you're gonna try the prank on someone.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  3.    #23  
    Holy Crap you keep beating me to the post.... you type like the wind
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Here's another fun scenario for PC-DM:
    Let someone use you PC and hide around the corner. As soon as they are concentrating on something, tap the Show Picture Button and watch them jump from their seat.

Make it something scary like this:

and remember to re-size it to the size of your display.
    Extra Credit Bonus Points:
    Add the attached spooky laugh.
    Too funny!
    where do you put the picture and sound?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    where do you put the picture and sound?
    It's in the help page...
    having firewall issues, listed under exemptions yet still isnt working...hmm too much turkey to bother tonight i think
    Palm prē-ist.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    having firewall issues, listed under exemptions yet still isnt working...hmm too much turkey to bother tonight i think
    Let me know If I can help.
    PM me or use my support email in the app.
    Once we get you up and running we can give a summary here to help others as well.
    hey mannyman is it easy to create apps with ares?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey mannyman is it easy to create apps with ares?
    Seriously.
    If I can do it a blind monkey can.

You've reminded me I haven't posted my tutorials yet.
    Ugh! This weekend for sure.

Tutorials:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-tutorial.html
    Ares PPG Tutorial - WebOS101
    http://palmdoc.net/?p=3287

In the meantime, my advice to anyone:
    Just start doing something, anything , if you get stuck come back here or the palm development forum and search the forum / ask for help.

Manny
  11.    #31  
    Latest Update:
    Restart or Shut Down PC

Just waiting on green light from Beta Testers *cough*Mamouton*cough*
    Looks great. Get it working for a Mac, and you have a customer.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Latest Update:
    Restart or Shut Down PC

Just waiting on green light from Beta Testers *cough*Mamouton*cough*
    hey testing for you on the win 7 64 bit system.. well here it goes..
    works GREAT, except, the screen stream does not work.
    first i couldnt get the damn ipk installed so i just bought the darn thing,, no biggy as i can see a use for it..
    i installed, typed in the same ip and port as ppt controller, an tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa it worked fine. the only issue i can see is the screen stream. it would be very nice to have mulitpul ip system ie for work and or home. I use my laptop outside the office and home, and it would be nice if i could use the ip of one of my regular wifi places.
    all the buttons work, no problem.. but again it would be nice to see what is on the screen.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    hey testing for you on the win 7 64 bit system.. well here it goes..
    works GREAT, except, the screen stream does not work.
    first i couldnt get the damn ipk installed so i just bought the darn thing,, no biggy as i can see a use for it..
    i installed, typed in the same ip and port as ppt controller, an tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa it worked fine. the only issue i can see is the screen stream. it would be very nice to have mulitpul ip system ie for work and or home. I use my laptop outside the office and home, and it would be nice if i could use the ip of one of my regular wifi places.
    all the buttons work, no problem.. but again it would be nice to see what is on the screen.
    Thank You to all you Windows 7 32/64 testers.
    Without you guys PC Display Master & Presentation Controller would both be XP/Vista only apps.
    I'm not in a position to be able to acquire a new machine just yet, so rely on interested users for help on compatibility issues.

As far as Screen View goes (as ScreenStream has been discontinued by its authors and will not support Win 7) , hopefully someone will let me know of any software that works over http that will show a desktop (needs to be non-Flash for now).
    My idea is more kludgey than usual. (Also as I do not have win7 is a total guess.) It involves installing ManyCam to grab desktop video and YAWCAM to stream it.

With ManyCam
    Desktop
    You can use your desktop (or a part of it) as the input source. Click on the "Full desktop" button to choose your full desktop as the input source. Click on the "Partial desktop" button to use the part of your desktop around the mouse cursor as the input source. Click on the "Custom desktop" button to customize the desktop part you would like to use as the input source. When you click this button a transparent gray rectangle will appear. It represents the part of your desktop used as the input source. You can drag&drop or extend it to set the exact part you would like to show. Click "Close" when finished.
    Use the Update rate slider to adjust the refresh rate. Moving this slider to the left decreases the update rate allowing faster capturing, moving it to the right increases the update rate as well as CPU usage.
    YAWCAM
    What is Yawcam?
    Yawcam is a shortening for Yet Another WebCAM software, and that's exactly what it is ;-)
    More precise Yawcam is a webcam software for windows written in java. The main ideas for Yawcam are to keep it simple and easy to use but to include all the usual features.

Yawcam is completely free to use! ...but if you find this software useful, please consider to make a donation to the author.

Yawcam features:
    .: Video streaming
    .: Image snapshots
    .: Built-in webserver
    .: Motion detection
    .: Ftp-upload
    .: Text and image overlays
    .: Password protection
    .: Online announcements for communities
    .: Scheduler for online time
    .: Time lapse movies
    .: Run as a Windows service
    .: Multi languages
    In short Stream the video output of ManyCam through YawCam. If this works I can include it into the app.
    Thank You to all you Windows 7 32/64 testers.
    Without you guys PC Display Master & Presentation Controller would both be XP/Vista only apps.
    I'm not in a position to be able to acquire a new machine just yet, so rely on interested users for help on compatibility issues.

As far as Screen View goes (as ScreenStream has been discontinued by its authors and will not support Win 7) , hopefully someone will let me know of any software that works over http that will show a desktop (needs to be non-Flash for now).
    My idea is more kludgey than usual. (Also as I do not have win7 is a total guess.) It involves installing ManyCam to grab desktop video and YAWCAM to stream it.

With ManyCam

YAWCAM

In short Stream the video output of ManyCam through YawCam. If this works I can include it into the app.
    okie dokie,
    i got the yaw cam to stream the many cam feed, now, how the hell do i get it to the pre?? i looked at the port it likes 8888 and 8801 one did fine the other no go.. so i will play with the ports, it claims my router does not have upnp or some such either turned on or it is not supported. umm ya it is, in both cases..
    so the first part to get the streaming to yaw cam from many cam does work.. willl work on the rest tonight.. if the wife lets me
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  16.    #36  
    Check your stream settings.
    Choose Javascript and note the port number for streaming.

17.    #37  
    PC Display Master update on the way:
    Send Text from webOS to your PC.

VIDEO

Read & Hear messages sent to your PC from your #webOS device.
  18.    #38  

webServer Folder must be replaced with New Version for Send Message Text to PC functionality. Instructions are inside the App in the Help Menu/ How to Setup this App.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12