Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Text Morpher a ɹǝddıןɟ ʇxʇ app
    ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя and New: ♡╰★╮Latest Version includes symbols╭☆╯♥

upside down text NOT webOS 2.0 COMPATIBLE
    DO NOT USE FOR SMS TXT-ING. SMS CAN NOT DISPLAY MORPHED TEXT (UTF-8).

UPDATE:v3.8.5 Adds
    • Prettier Buttons
    • Cross App Launch to Memos app
    • Cross App Launch to Ping.fm app

Message Scroller

UPDATE:
    Version 3.8.3 One-Tap buttons to send Mεssαǥεs ⓘⓝ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔⓢ and/or uʍop ǝpısdn directly to Email, IM, Clip Board, Twitter clients (Spaz, Twee, Bad Kitty, Carbon, Lithium, QuickPost), Tumblbox, Facebook, and Notes without having to copy paste yourself.
    NEW Scroller functionality: You Tube:
    Version3.5.0 adds more cross-app launching. 1-tap buttons to send your morphed text to:
    Spaz1.5Beta, Twee, Bad Kitty, Facebook, Notes, and more...
    Just sent it in to HP/Palm so should be available week of Nov 15 2010.
    Video:

DO NOT USE FOR SMS TXT-ING. SMS CAN NOT DISPLAY MORPHED TEXT (UTF-8).

UPDATE: Version3.0.0 adds a new name to reflect the 3 different enhancements you can add to your text. I also added a Menu screen for faster navigation. 1-touch buttons to IM, email, and copy to clipboard.Also dashboard banner notifications for copy to clipboard and to prevent people from trying to sms text. Just sent it in to HP/Palm so should be available 11-1-2010.

An app dedicated to a few people that hang out way too much in Pre|Central's Forums. Just submitted it on 10-16-2010. So, it might be available by Tuesday the 19th of Oct.
    Here are the related threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-o-sl-o-p.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...u-n-s-soq.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...flip-text.html

(Important side note: The upside down text requires UTF-8 and may not display as desired on certain websites, older Windows versions and non-Windows platforms or certain mobile devices.)
    Apparently, while it looks like txt messages go out ok (because they are displayed correctly on the Pre before sending) , cell phone carriers do not actually support Unicode UTF8 for sms/mms messaging.
    It does however work for email, and posting on most websites.

Where can you use the rotated text?
    Use the upside down text in your status updates and wall posts, like this:

• Use a flipped word as your ultra-strong password.
    • Enter your name and use the rotated result as your first and last name on Facebook! Looks cool and nobody will be able to find you on Facebook. Note that name changes are verified by Facebook and special characters are not allowed, so there’s a chance it’ll be reverted to your normal name.
    • Use the upside down text as your personal status message
    • Post upside down text on Facebook chat, Twitter, blogs, comments, forums, MySpace, Netlog, Bebo, Hi5, Yahoo! Messenger, Flickr, AIM, eBuddy, Meebo, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, etc.

Upside Down Text NOT webOS 2.0 COMPATIBLE
    fonts that are in 1.4.5 that were removed in 2.0 are
    Coconut-BoldD.ttf, Coconut-BoldOblique.ttf, Coconut-Medium.ttf, Coconut-MediumOblique.ttf, CoconutCondensed-Bold.ttf, CoconutCondensed-Medium.ttf, VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf, uming.ttc, batang.ttf.
    These made the App possible....
    Last edited by Mannyman; 06/28/2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: version 3.8.5 submitted tp Palm 6-28-11
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    hey mannyman will it include all the features from flipmytext.com?
  3.    #3  
    Hi mamouton,
    Have you been using your halloween avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey mannyman will it include all the features from flipmytext.com?
    Maybe in the future, but I just wanted to make ǝpısdn down text for now.

Of course the advantage of having a native app is: there is no need for using your data minutes. If you're not on an all you can eat plan you can avoid having to get on the internet.

Plus there's the Palm Pre themed icon and wallpaper you'd be missing if you go to:

• /ɯoɔ˙ʇxǝʇʎɯdıןɟ˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ
    • lɯʇɥ˙dılɟ/ɯoɔ˙pɐɟʌǝɹ˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ
    • lɯʇɥ˙dılɟ/ʇǝu˙ʌɹǝɥs˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ
    • /ɯoɔ˙ʇxǝʇuʍopǝpısdn˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ

I guess if you hate penguins or palm....
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Hi mamouton,
    Have you been using your halloween avatar?

Maybe in the future, but I just wanted to make ǝpısdn down text for now.

Of course the advantage of having a native app is: there is no need for using your data minutes. If you're not on an all you can eat plan you can avoid having to get on the internet.

Plus there's the Palm Pre themed icon and wallpaper you'd be missing if you go to:

• /ɯoɔ˙ʇxǝʇʎɯdıןɟ˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ
    • lɯʇɥ˙dılɟ/ɯoɔ˙pɐɟʌǝɹ˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ
    • lɯʇɥ˙dılɟ/ʇǝu˙ʌɹǝɥs˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ
    • /ɯoɔ˙ʇxǝʇuʍopǝpısdn˙ʍʍʍ//:dʇʇɥ

I guess if you hate penguins or palm....

I haven't seen that avatar, thanks I will download it now.
    wow manny i like the upside down text thanks !
    ĦṔ-ḶψΨṫ-ŦḯΨη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I haven't seen that avatar, thanks I will download it now.
    Here's another one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    wow manny i like the upside down text thanks !
    i thought you like sǝןʇɹnʇ
    sǝlʇɹnʇ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ lol
    Awesome app idea, Mannyman!

‘ʇxǝʇ ɹıǝɥʇ dılɟ oʇ spǝǝu ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    cool app, just purchased it; however, I sent a messege to my sister on her bb and this is what she got: ????o? ?? s?op ?u?op ?p?sdn sp?o? ??? su?n? ???? dd? s??? ???noq ? ?p???? ?ool ?x?? ??? s?op this kinda defeats the purpose of the app. What phones are compatible with this app?
    Great app!

Bbberry sucks

Jk...

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    cool app, just purchased it; however, I sent a messege to my sister on her bb and this is what she got: ????o? ?? s?op ?u?op ?p?sdn sp?o? ??? su?n? ???? dd? s??? ???noq ? ?p???? ?ool ?x?? ??? s?op this kinda defeats the purpose of the app. What phones are compatible with this app?
    That does suck.
    Try sending her an email and see if her bb email app is any better.

I only have a Pre, so have no idea how inferior phones work with it.
    That does suck.
    Try sending her an email and see if her bb email app is any better.

I only have a Pre, so have no idea how inferior phones work with it.
    I believe it will do the same .. Espescially since emails get routed through RIMs servers and prob don't support such characters.. I may be wrong though

14.    #14  
    Just found out Iphone messages app sux as well, but it does work in the email app on the same device.
    Hmmm... I guess it'll be a hit and miss when sending upside down text messeges/emails to other phones.

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    Hmmm... I guess it'll be a hit and miss when sending upside down text messeges/emails to other phones.

Yep. Tell people they need to upgrade to webOS phones. Any luck with bb email?
    Yep. Tell people they need to upgrade to webOS phones. Any luck with bb email?
    I haven't tried it out. I'll email my sister tomorrow and i'll let you know.

Okay, I sent my sister an email using txt flipper. She sent me a text:
    Ok, so I got ur email..
    Was able to read some of it but not everything

u???? dd? u?op ?p?sdn ??? ?u??s?? ?sn? 'o???so? ???

So it seems that this app doesn't work well with BB's

19.    #19  
    Apparantly LG Rumour Touch have problems too...
  20.    #20  
    UPDATE:
    I've asked Palm to pull the App out of the App Catalog until I remove the msg button. Apparently, while it looks like txt messages go out ok (because they are displayed correctly on the Pre before sending) , cell phone carriers do not actually support Unicode for sms/mms messaging.
    It does however work for email, and posting on most websites.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast