Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    neat app, I've spent more money on worse apps, and really you can't best the price
  2.    #22  
    Will be changing "MSG" button to "IM" button as it does work in AIM, Gtalk, and Yahoo Messenger.

Need testers....
    Last edited by Mannyman; 10/19/2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: YAY! works in AIM messenger too.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Will be changing "MSG" button to "IM" button as it does work in AIM, Gtalk, and Yahoo Messenger.

Need testers....
    I'd like to be a tester.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    I'd like to be a tester.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    OK
    I'm PM-ing you my phone number.

PS,
    I will not give out or use your # for bla, bla bla, etc...
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  5.    #25  
    UPDATE: Version1.5.1 adds 1-touch buttons to IM, email.and copy to clipboard.Also dashboard banner notifications for copy to clipboard and to prevent people from trying to sms text. Just sent it in to palm so should be available later this week of 10-18-2010.

(Important side note: The upside down text requires UTF-8 and may not display as desired on certain websites, older Windows versions and non-Windows platforms or certain mobile devices.)
    Apparently, while it looks like txt messages go out ok (because they are displayed correctly on the Pre before sending) , cell phone carriers do not actually support Unicode UTF8 for sms/mms messaging.
    It does however work for email, and posting on most websites.
    bummer no sms texts !! But it is still an awesome apppp !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i think i found the problem.. manny... i have 2 theories

1) text doesnt get sent properly if user is on 1x mode.. ( i will test this)

2)IM's work through data as well as email.. is it possible that SMS's work through voice?
    if so than MMS with text should work
    BTW THIS APP is the best... i use it in emails all the time..
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i think i found the problem.. manny... i have 2 theories

1) text doesnt get sent properly if user is on 1x mode.. ( i will test this)

2)IM's work through data as well as email.. is it possible that SMS's work through voice?
    if so than MMS with text should work
    I know 2 is accurate. SMS uses voice path.
    MMS gateways may be the same/similar but enhanced, still voice (I think).

I believe it's the carriers (SMS gateways) goofing up the unicode .

But I just heard on the webOSroundup devcast that the Pre's support for Unicode is spotty...
    I know 2 is accurate. SMS uses voice path.
    MMS gateways may be the same/similar but enhanced, still voice (I think).

I believe it's the carriers (SMS gateways) goofing up the unicode .

But I just heard on the webOSroundup devcast that the Pre's support for Unicode is spotty...
    actually ... i found that its better than android devices...

when i was testing android... not my sketch42 productions in my sig nor would dbd's 2 dots show up in emails.. where as on palm it does

i know the forum doesnt support it using the tapatalk plugin.. i get ????s???
  11.    #31  
    Instead of spotty I should have said better than all others but not perfect...
    sɹɐʇs 5 ddɐ sıɥʇ ǝʌɐƃ ʇsnɾ ı

...and a shout out to dbd
    Instead of spotty I should have said better than all others but not perfect...
    but why do emails .. even in the body work flawless?
  14.    #34  
    but why do emails .. even in the body work flawless?
    Emails are not going through an sms/mms gateway. So should be fine as long as the recipient can handle unicode utf-8 and doesn't have a BB. Blackberry has their own proprietary email/messaging servers that screw up the encoding.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 10/20/2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typos
    Emails are not going through an sms/mms gateway. So should be fine as long as the recipient can handle unicode utf-8 and doesn't have a BB. Blackberry has their own proprietary email/messaging servers that screw up the encoding.
    lol i got that ... i meant in reference to this
    if its always dependant on servers and gateways etc..
  16.    #36  
    I probably misquoted about Pre spotti-ness.
    They probably meant Palm's App Catalog system's support for Unicode is spotty.
    They were talking about how not all unicode characters show up in the App Catalog.
    I myself, had to change the upside down letter "L"s to normal as they were not showing up when I first submitted the app.
    I probably misquoted about Pre spotti-ness.
    They probably meant Palm's App Catalog system's support for Unicode is spotty.
    They were talking about how not all unicode characters show up in the App Catalog.
    I myself, had to change the upside down letter "L"s to normal as they were not showing up when I first submitted the app.
    possible workaround

Steps

Find out which carrier the recipient uses.
    Compose an e-mail with your intended text message in the body.
    Send the e-mail to the e-mail-to-SMS gateway for their carrier. Here are some examples, and the complete list is at the end of this article:
    Sprint Nextel: 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com (1234567890@pm.sprint.com for MMS)
    T-Mobile: 1234567890@tmomail.net (SMS and MMS)
    Verizon: 1234567890@vtext.com (1234567890@vzwpix.com for MMS)(limit TXT messages to 150 characters).
    Cricket: 1234567890@sms.mycricket.com (SMS)
    Fido: 1234567890@fido.ca (SMS)
    If you don't know the provider, you could just send it to all carriers. Your text message will only get delivered to the intended recipient's box because the address is based on the phone number which is unique.
    See bottom of this article for a larger list of carriers

Email to SMS Gateways

Africa
    Emtel (Mauritius) number@emtelworld.net
    Vodacom (South Africa) number@voda.co.za
    MTN (South Africa) number@sms.co.za
    Asia
    BPL Mobile (Mumbai, India) number@bplmobile.com
    Airtel (Karnataka, India) number@airtelkk.com
    Mero Mobile (Nepal) 977number@sms.spicenepal.com
    Mobitel (Sri Lanka) number@sms.mobitel.lk
    Europe
    T-Mobile (Austria) number@sms.t-mobile.at
    Orange Polska (Poland) 9digit@orange.pl
    Meteor (Ireland) number@sms.mymeteor.ie
    Plus GSM (Poland) +48number@text.plusgsm.pl
    T-Mobile (UK) number@t-mobile.uk.net
    BigRedGiant Mobile Solutions number@tachyonsms.co.uk
    YCC number@sms.ycc.ru

North America
    Alltel - [10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com
    AT&T (formerly Cingular) - [10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net or [10-digit phone number]@mms.att.net (MMS) or [10-digit phone number]@cingularme.com
    Bluegrass Cellular [10-digit phone number]@sms.bluecell.com
    Boost Mobile - [10-digit phone number]@myboostmobile.com
    Nextel (now Sprint Nextel) - [10-digit telephone number]@messaging.nextel.com
    Sprint PCS (now Sprint Nextel) - [10-digit phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com or [10-digit phone number]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)
    T-Mobile - [10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net
    US Cellular - [10-digit phone number]email.uscc.net (SMS) or [10-digit phone number]@mms.uscc.net (MMS)
    Verizon - [10-digit phone number]@vtext.com or [10-digit phone number]@vzwpix.com (MMS)
    Virgin Mobile USA - [10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com
    7-11 Speakout (USA GSM) number@cingularme.com
    Airtel Wireless (Montana, USA) number@sms.airtelmontana.com
    Alaska Communications Systems number@msg.acsalaska.com
    Bell Mobility & Solo Mobile (Canada) number@txt.bell.ca
    Fido (Canada) number@fido.ca
    Illinois Valley Cellular number@ivctext.com
    Koodo Mobile (Canada) number@msg.koodomobile.com
    Longlines (USA-Midwest) 1+number@mms.longlines.com
    MTS (Canada) number@text.mtsmobility.com
    Nextel (United States) number@messaging.nextel.com
    President's Choice (Canada) number@txt.bell.ca
    Rogers (Canada) number@pcs.rogers.com
    Sasktel (Canada) number@sms.sasktel.com
    Telus Mobility (Canada) number@msg.telus.com
    Virgin Mobile (Canada) number@vmobile.ca
    MobiPCS (Hawaii only) number@mobipcs.net
    MetroPCS number@mymetropcs.com
    Qwest number@qwestmp.com
    Cellular One (Dobson) number@mobile.celloneusa.com
    AT&T Enterprise Paging number@page.att.net
    Cingular (Postpaid) number@cingularme.com
    Helio number@myhelio.com
    Centennial (USA) number@cwemail.com

South/Central America
    Claro (Brasil) number@clarotorpedo.com.br
    Claro (Nicaragua) number@ideasclaro-ca.com
    All Companies (Paraguay)www.Buscar.com.py - Buscar en Paraguay - El Mejor Buscador Paraguayo
    Movistar (Colombia) number@movistar.com.co
    Nextel (Argentina) TwoWay.11number@nextel.net.ar
    Personal (Argentina) number@alertas.personal.com.ar
    Setar Mobile email (Aruba) 297+number@mas.aw
    Other
    Globalstar (satellite) number@msg.globalstarusa.com
    Iridium (satellite) number@msg.iridium.com
    Warnings

You might be sending the text message free, but if the recipient normally gets charged for receiving messages, those charges will still apply.

[via:Blogspot
  18.    #38  
    Tried that already they still go through the gateways before getting to the receiver's cell phone....
    if possible to use the messaging app and have the app forward the message to an email gateway... dunno if possible
  20.    #40  
    if possible to use the messaging app and have the app forward the message to an email gateway... dunno if possible
    Yeah but then you wouldn't really be txt-ing the phone you were sending the message to would need email. Easier to just click my email button. I don't think there's any way around it because you need at least 1 sms gateway in the picture depending on which carrier(s) both phones are using.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast