Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition)

Video

You Know, For The Kids.

Available for the Palm Pre, Pre +, Pre 2, and Pre 3 just in time for Halloween. This App uses the Palm Pre's X-Ray camera to check for broken hands, and to see whether or not your pals are really human. Fool your BFFs & Frenemies with this Prank App.

This app was made possible by master artist cubeFX from PreCentral.net's Forum. Please do a search on cubeFX in PreCentral's Forum to see the outstanding work done by him.

Tell others that this app uses the Palm Pre's little known x-ray feature. But not to Worry: The amount of radiation from the device is less than one would get from a walk outside in the daylight.

Not only can you see the bones within you right hand. This app allows you to scan your friends' true identity by taking their picture and processing the image within seconds. There are four secret invisible buttons on each corner of the Analyze Photo scene that allows you to switch the outcome of the scan. Choose between Vampire, Cyborg, Monster, and even your own scary custom result picture. Plus you can always have a normal human skeleton show up in case you are the one being scanned.

Instructions.
    1) Try to center your subject in the Pre's camera's center. Make sure to Include from the top of the head to just below the shoulders.

2) Pinch within the scanning area, careful not to touch any of the four corners of the screen as that will activate the scanner.

When Resizing your photos just taken by the camera, just pinch in or out to zoom.

3) If you need to move the photo left or right, scroll the screen to below the frame to drag the photo with your finger.

4)Look at the picture below for secret button activation points.
    1 Visible button + 4 Invisible buttons

Put your custom image (GIF format 480 width X 320 height name = myxray.gif ) in media/internal/XRayApp/myxray.gif forcustomized fun. Follow this thread for more images. A zip file containg 18 images can be downloaded here: http://goo.gl/164f

Watch the Video before downloading so that you know what you are getting. Some people actually thought they were downloading a real x-ray machine, and complained in the review section.
    "There should be an IQ test before letting some people buy a "smart" phone."

Top Reviews from the BETA version:

Five stars for great idea. Here's my feedback: Add more body part options to "scan" such as the skull, arms, legs, feet, etc; that will make it seem more realistic. Also, see if you can make us of the accelerometer so that when you move your phone around it pans through the image as if you really were scanning an x-ray of the displayed part. Great job though. I'm looking forward to the finished version.

Omar S
    Mon, Oct 11 13:55:00 UTC 2010

Good one! I know a few more peeps I can try this on!

Casey P
    Sun, Oct 10 22:15:00 UTC 2010

Fliped out my kids with this good times

Josh J
    Thu, Oct 07 04:31:00 UTC 2010

My wife totally just fell for this! So 5 stars for this!!! Haha.

Eric C
    Wed, Oct 06 04:14:00 UTC 2010

My 6 year old loves it. The app does what it says it does.

Mike S
    Tue, Oct 05 16:22:00 UTC 2010

About as funny as the idiots that thought this was real........ Attention all idiots.....feel free to kill yourselves NOW!!! You'd be doing the rest of us a favour!

Derek F
    Tue, Oct 05 14:19:00 UTC 2010

Great app, works perfect, just gotta get a feel for moving the phone in sync with the video, and your set!

Alex D
    Tue, Oct 05 08:35:00 UTC 2010

Yee

[Anonymous]
    Tue, Oct 05 06:20:00 UTC 2010

Not bad. Kinda a fun trick.

Tim R
    Mon, Oct 04 23:29:00 UTC 2010

Cute and entertaining

Reginald D
    Sun, Oct 03 19:13:00 UTC 2010

Last edited by Mannyman; 10/04/2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added PreCentral's App Gallery Link
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    where is this??
    I have the app, and it's a whole lot better then the video was.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    where is this??
    Turned it into Palm today for Review.
    My 1st App Catalog submission, so not sure how long it will take, or if there's something I overlooked that may get it rejected.

Manny
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I have the app, and it's a whole lot better then the video was.
    Yeah the video sucks. I have a way too old video camera, that I hooked up at 3am this morning as my Coke Zero high was wearing off....
    Manny this is so funny! Very cool, perfect Halloween app. THANK YOU ! !

The youtube video is hilarious and entertaining

11 out of 10 for the awesome Monster Mash song lol ltm
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Great lookin app Mannyman
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Great lookin app Mannyman
    Thanks for the props, warlord.
    &
    Thanks for providing this monster for the app:

Place this in /media/internal/XRayApp/ for a new addition to the scariness.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 10/14/2010 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Placed instructions.
  9.    #9  
    Also from Warlord:

Place this in /media/internal/XRayApp/myxray.gif
  10.    #10  
    by request

Remember to save it as myxray.gif in /media/internal/XRayApp/
    Last edited by Mannyman; 10/15/2010 at 03:13 AM. Reason: loop added

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 10/15/2010 at 03:30 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

12.    #12  
    Thanks RollEmUp
    Last edited by Mannyman; 10/15/2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Pacing the Schwag
    Glad I could be of some help amigo
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

14.    #14  

15.    #15  

Last edited by Mannyman; 10/15/2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Place this in /media/internal/XRayApp/myxray.gif
  16.    #16  

17.    #17  

Last edited by Mannyman; 10/15/2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: OOPs fixed repeat
  18.    #18  

Pinhead FTW lol

That dude and this guy in the link scared the living day lights out of me as a kid.

http://www.satanspace.com/m_pictures/Hellraiser_03.jpg
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

20.    #20  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast