Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i have bought checkbook and set up some accounts. i tried to export them to google spreadsheet, but only one of my 6 accounts were exported. Some error-messages ...
    the one i exported to google spreadsheet worked there, and i downloaded it as an excelfile to my pc, opened it in m$-excel 2007. it looks fine.
    But the entries in the field "amount" are formatted in a scary way, so excel cannot work with them.
    if i want to sum the entries of column 2 to 16, the sum is always "0".
    i looked to the format of the entries. they don't show as "currency", they show as "user-defined" with a sample string like "###.#00,0 ...."
    what can i do, if i want to sum up some entries out of checkbook on my pc?
    (and yes: i know how to work in excel, know, how to set working formulas in larger and more complex spreadsheet...)
    and one more: it would be much easier to work with this app, if there would be a direct sync to my pc and not via google-kraken.
    Last edited by conum; 01/05/2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: correction
    For the incomplete export issue, please try again. Make sure you have a good signal or a wifi connection as it is a data heavy process. Also make sure that you are using the latest version of Checkbook. I made some updates to how the export system works that fixed some minor issues.

Could you post an exact example of the formatting in excel? I'm afraid I do not have that application and cannot test how it works. Just a cell or two would be fine.

I do know that the format works fine in Google Documents and in OpenOffice Calc. It is uploaded to Google as a simple string in the format of your locale currency (or where ever your locale is set on your device).

Lastly, what version of Checkbook are you using and on what mobile OS? I'm asking so I can take a closer look at the localization & export systems.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    v 0.8.781 / webos / pre3 / german
    i could send you a xls-file (excel) as it is downloaded from google spreadsheet, but i think the format of this files is always the same, so you can try a file by yourself.
    as the report-function doesn't work in checkbook i wanted to sort the items in excel by category and sum it up. sorting works as there a only strings, summing doesn't work as excel doesn't recognize the field "amount" as currency (and cannot format it to currency). i tried it with quattro pro X3 (wordperfect-officesuite), but doesn't work either.
    btw i'm waiting for app-tuckerbox to use this app on my touchpad too as i don't want to pay another 2 for an app that is still in progress.
    I'll look into it more and see what I can do about it. It may be I missed something in the localization system that is causing Google Docs/Excel to hate the amount fields.

The report & category systems are mostly fixed in the latest version which is currently awaiting approval from HP. It won't let you drill into specific transactions yet, but everything else should work. Hopefully it will be available soon.

You know, you really shouldn't tell the dev that you don't want to buy his apps
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'll look into it more and see what I can do about it. It may be I missed something in the localization system that is causing Google Docs/Excel to hate the amount fields.

The report & category systems are mostly fixed in the latest version which is currently awaiting approval from HP. It won't let you drill into specific transactions yet, but everything else should work. Hopefully it will be available soon.

You know, you really shouldn't tell the dev that you don't want to buy his apps
    thanks for your work.
    i know, that i've bought an app for my pre3, but would like to have it like with other apps that they are free when used in the same account on touchpad or vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    thanks for your work.
    i know, that i've bought an app for my pre3, but would like to have it like with other apps that they are free when used in the same account on touchpad or vice versa.
    That's something I'm working on. When using the phone database with the tablet database code, the whole thing crashed and burned. I'm not sure why, the only error message it gives could mean anything really. If I can get it figured out, then the phone version will get the free upgrade. For now, they remain separate.