Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have 4 accounts in my Checkbook app. Two of them will export to Google documents, but two will not. All 4 of them have exported in the past. The last time that they all exported was about 4 months ago (February 2011). Any reason why two of my accounts will not export?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bolestim View Post
    I have 4 accounts in my Checkbook app. Two of them will export to Google documents, but two will not. All 4 of them have exported in the past. The last time that they all exported was about 4 months ago (February 2011). Any reason why two of my accounts will not export?

Thanks,
    Tim
    I am having a similar issue. I have 2 accounts in mine and only one of them will export to google docs, the other one does not. Both of them use to work. I made a post about this in February. Since the last release, the error I talk about in my post went away and it appears it is working but when I go to google docs the document is not there? Any help would be great.
    I'm perplexed on this. It seems to be an issue with Google and Checkbook's communication. Sometimes Google doesn't like me. I'm working on figuring it out, but it has been an on again/off again bug since the start. The whole bug is pretty much Google rejecting contact from what I can tell.

Personally, I have never had the problem on my webOS device though I'm experiencing it now when testing the Android systems.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    I'm perplexed on this. It seems to be an issue with Google and Checkbook's communication. Sometimes Google doesn't like me. I'm working on figuring it out, but it has been an on again/off again bug since the start. The whole bug is pretty much Google rejecting contact from what I can tell.

Personally, I have never had the problem on my webOS device though I'm experiencing it now when testing the Android systems.
    Is this something you are currently working on, or are you too busy with other issues?

Tim
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    If there is someway I can help, like by providing a backup of my checkbook so you can test backing it up, let me know. I really rely on this application a lot for budgeting and things. It really is a great app.

Thanks!
    Is this something you are currently working on, or are you too busy with other issues?

Tim
    It is something I am working on. I have a few ideas to test in the webOS version once I get the damned Android version released. Seriously, Android is becoming a bane of my existence right now.

Quote Originally Posted by esheafer View Post
    If there is someway I can help, like by providing a backup of my checkbook so you can test backing it up, let me know. I really rely on this application a lot for budgeting and things. It really is a great app.

Thanks!
    I have a few other databases to work with on this. They sometimes fail and sometimes don't.

I think that the whole import/export system needs a massive rewrite to function better. That may be one of the first things I do with the webOS 3.X upgrade, but keep the system working with webOS 1.X to fix these things.
    Okay. I found something that may work. It is a Google Docs based issue. When on docs.google.com, put a * in the Search Docs box (top center of page). I wasn't seeing some of the exports form Android but then I put a * (wildcard in searching) and it showed all of the exported items. They are intact and present, the home page just didn't want to show them for some reason.

I couldn't get them to show by default no matter what I did though. The still will show up in the Import System. Not sure why it is behaving that way. I will submit a bug report to Google shortly.
  8.    #8  
    Okay. I found something that may work. It is a Google Docs based issue. When on docs.google.com, put a * in the Search Docs box (top center of page). I wasn't seeing some of the exports form Android but then I put a * (wildcard in searching) and it showed all of the exported items. They are intact and present, the home page just didn't want to show them for some reason.

I couldn't get them to show by default no matter what I did though. The still will show up in the Import System. Not sure why it is behaving that way. I will submit a bug report to Google shortly.
    This did not work for me. I noticed when I export my two accounts that do actually export, I get a message in Checkbook that says something like, "Export Complete." When I try to export the two accounts that don't actually export, I don't get any message (success, error, or otherwise). The export progress indicator just goes away.

Tim
    Okay. I am working on this issue in relation to another person. Once I figure out what is up there, I'll see if the update that I put out after that helps your issue.
    This did not work for me. I noticed when I export my two accounts that do actually export, I get a message in Checkbook that says something like, "Export Complete." When I try to export the two accounts that don't actually export, I don't get any message (success, error, or otherwise). The export progress indicator just goes away.

Tim
    Just released a new update that should fix the export system completely. Let me know if you still have problems. If you do, any chance you could try pulling the log file for me? The export system shouldn't just quit anymore.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just released a new update that should fix the export system completely. Let me know if you still have problems. If you do, any chance you could try pulling the log file for me? The export system shouldn't just quit anymore.
    I just got your update and tried again, it still is NOT appearing on google docs. Much how bolestim explains it, it progresses well, but when it is complete it doesn't give a status message, however, if I export my account that works, it says "export complete". I tried the "*" idea as well and that did not help.

I attempted to export the one that keeps failing 5 times now, still no good.
    Damn, and damn again. Hate to ask for it, but if either of you could email me your Checkbook database it would help greatly. Then I could try and replicate your troubles and eliminate them. It should never close without saying something. Even if there is a time out issue, it should always give you an alert of some sort...
  13.    #13  
    Damn, and damn again. Hate to ask for it, but if either of you could email me your Checkbook database it would help greatly. Then I could try and replicate your troubles and eliminate them. It should never close without saying something. Even if there is a time out issue, it should always give you an alert of some sort...
    I tried with the new update as well, and it failed for me too. I'll try to send you my DB file in a private message. (Oops, just discovered that I can't add an attachment to a private message. I just sent it to GlitchTechScience@gmail.com. I hope that's the correct email address)

Thanks,
    Tim
    Last edited by bolestim; 06/06/2011 at 10:28 AM.
    That is, thanks. I don't know why the error messages aren't showing up, but I think I figured it out and submitted an update to both clients. They should be available for download soonish.
  15.    #15  
    That is, thanks. I don't know why the error messages aren't showing up, but I think I figured it out and submitted an update to both clients. They should be available for download soonish.
    Hmm. I just ran Preware on my phone and it shows that there is an update for Checkbook (v0.8.765), but when I tap "Update" it takes me to the App Catalog which just shows me a "Tap to launch" button. It doesn't allow me to update.

Tim
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hmm. I just ran Preware on my phone and it shows that there is an update for Checkbook (v0.8.765), but when I tap "Update" it takes me to the App Catalog which just shows me a "Tap to launch" button. It doesn't allow me to update.

Tim
    I found the Beta version in Preware (0.8.765) and I DID download it, but how am I suppose to transfer my bad file over from the production version to the beta version so I can test it?
  17.    #17  
    I was finally able to download the update. It works. All 4 of my accounts exported and I received a message stating that the 4 accounts were exported. Thank you so much!

Tim
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I got the update from the app catalog and attempted again! It is still failing for me. I still do not get an error message when it attempts to export. I have just sent an email to GlitchTechScience@gmail.com with my database attached.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by esheafer View Post
    I found the Beta version in Preware (0.8.765) and I DID download it, but how am I suppose to transfer my bad file over from the production version to the beta version so I can test it?
    the live version has to be approved by Palm first, so it may be a little slow getting out.

I was finally able to download the update. It works. All 4 of my accounts exported and I received a message stating that the 4 accounts were exported. Thank you so much!

Tim
    sweet. At least got yours fixed. Now hopefully the other will be good too if not, well it needs to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    the live version has to be approved by Palm first, so it may be a little slow getting out.

sweet. At least got yours fixed. Now hopefully the other will be good too if not, well it needs to be fixed.
    Please see my response that was right before yours. It still FAILED for me. I have sent you my database.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast