Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by esheafer View Post
    Please see my response that was right before yours. It still FAILED for me. I have sent you my database.
    Got it. Will get right on it. And damn it, I won't how many different ways this is failing. I thought I had gotten them all but I guess not.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Got it. Will get right on it. And damn it, I won't how many different ways this is failing. I thought I had gotten them all but I guess not.
    You've been very supportive and quick to respond. Many thanks!!!

Tim
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for looking into this, I really rely on this app a lot for my finances so it is really important to me. I intend to send some love your way in the form of a PayPal donation when this is fixed.

I look forward to using this on my new Pre3 and Touch Pad as soon as I get them. Actually, that raises a question, will the data file be shared between the 2 new devices? Or will I need to export from one device and import on the other before I continue to update it? Hmmm

Thanks a ton!
    not yet. I'm trying to get at least of one or two other features in for the webOS 1.X crowd before adding in 2.x or 3.x (including Enyo support) to Checkbook. Those two I want to finish are recurring trsns (maybe finally) and a manual server sync system for sharing info between multiple devices.

honestly, I won't do much tab work until I get my own so I can test it properly and build a new version of Checkbook for 3.x systems. Once I get a Pre3 (if they come to Sprint) and a TouchPad, i'll see if I can even support the tap-to-share system properly.
    Okay, fixed part of the error notification system (other side is evading my knowledge at the time). It is saying an "Could not convert document" error. Which could be any number of things, but most of all is Google not liking the CSV. -_- Ugh, might be doing the import/export rewrite sooner than I thought. Well it needs it, badly.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    not yet. I'm trying to get at least of one or two other features in for the webOS 1.X crowd before adding in 2.x or 3.x (including Enyo support) to Checkbook. Those two I want to finish are recurring trsns (maybe finally) and a manual server sync system for sharing info between multiple devices.

honestly, I won't do much tab work until I get my own so I can test it properly and build a new version of Checkbook for 3.x systems. Once I get a Pre3 (if they come to Sprint) and a TouchPad, i'll see if I can even support the tap-to-share system properly.
    I follow your sentiments about "if they come to sprint" *sigh*. The touch to share feature would be awesome for this application. Sounds like 3.0 holds a lot of potential for this app and many others.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Okay, fixed part of the error notification system (other side is evading my knowledge at the time). It is saying an "Could not convert document" error. Which could be any number of things, but most of all is Google not liking the CSV. -_- Ugh, might be doing the import/export rewrite sooner than I thought. Well it needs it, badly.
    Ok, that was the original error I was getting back in Febuary that said "Could not convert document". I figured it was a bad character somewhere, but I don't recall using any funny or off the wall characters in my notes. Sorry to bump up the need to work on the conversion rewrite.

I appreciate you looking into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by esheafer View Post
    Ok, that was the original error I was getting back in Febuary that said "Could not convert document". I figured it was a bad character somewhere, but I don't recall using any funny or off the wall characters in my notes. Sorry to bump up the need to work on the conversion rewrite.

I appreciate you looking into this.
    It's no problem. It is something I need to do to prepare for 3.x anyway. The "Could not convert document" does not seem to be related to a specific character. It doesn't seem to be related to any specific issue at all apparently >.<. But if I rewrite the system to use a different sort of upload procedure, then it reduces the chance of that appearing due to large files (supposedly). So that's what I'm doing. It is kinda fun (I'm sick, aren't I?) and it is also allowing me to make a mini gdata api for basic spreadsheet work.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    It's no problem. It is something I need to do to prepare for 3.x anyway. The "Could not convert document" does not seem to be related to a specific character. It doesn't seem to be related to any specific issue at all apparently >.<. But if I rewrite the system to use a different sort of upload procedure, then it reduces the chance of that appearing due to large files (supposedly). So that's what I'm doing. It is kinda fun (I'm sick, aren't I?) and it is also allowing me to make a mini gdata api for basic spreadsheet work.
    Oh, is my file maybe too large. I realize it is quite large, it has transactions dating back to 2005. My Plan is to do an export to google docs and then I want to shrink it down and re-import that new shrunken file to my pre. My plan is to have file by year.

As for you being sick, I disagree, you love what you do. I am a software engineer for a large mortgage company and I love it too. It is especially fun to work on new projects where you can invent and be creative. I really need to start doing some of my own development for WebOS.

Keep up the good work!!
    I have been having this issue since Thursday of last week. It acts like it is exporting but instead of going back to the main view it goes back to the google log in. If something happens to my phone I am SOL. Does anyone know the fix for this. Thanks in advance.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew4340 View Post
    I have been having this issue since Thursday of last week. It acts like it is exporting but instead of going back to the main view it goes back to the google log in. If something happens to my phone I am SOL. Does anyone know the fix for this. Thanks in advance.
    I just noticed this happening to me today. Ugh. Back in June when I first reported an issue, it was fixed pretty quickly. I hope we'll get a similar response time this time around.

Tim
    I have had this app for a year with no problems exporting, not sure why it started now. I hope they didn't forget about us 1.4.5 users.
    Thanks for the posts, apparently this is an issue with Google API for authentication. They now require additional security in communicating with the documents system. I should be able to have a fix released this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bolestim View Post
    I just noticed this happening to me today. Ugh. Back in June when I first reported an issue, it was fixed pretty quickly. I hope we'll get a similar response time this time around.

Tim
    I have had this app for a year with no problems exporting, not sure why it started now. I hope they didn't forget about us 1.4.5 users.
    Ryltar thanks for the quick reply, I love this app, and it has always worked great. Great customer service as well.

Thanks again
    Update posted to Beta feed. It should be available for download soon.
    That was fast. Thanks for you so much for your help. Have a great day.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to the update! I use Checkbook on my TouchPad and Android phone, will you be updating the Android version too? Your responses have always been quick and timely. Thank you!
    I will be. It just takes a lot more for me to work on the Android project. The dev environment just feels extremely clunky to me. I do have a major update in the works that will bring the Android version very close to par with the webOS version.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Where do I go to access this beta feed update? Do you mean I have to download Checkbook Beta in order to export my accounts now? I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le THieN View Post
    Where do I go to access this beta feed update? Do you mean I have to download Checkbook Beta in order to export my accounts now? I'm confused.
    The beta feed update is Checkbook Beta. It is pretty much the same as Checkbook but runs with the disclaimer that you may suddenly loose your data due to bug testing.

The app catalog version will be receiving the update tonight. I had a few minor bugs that needed fixing after the Export system was patched. Even though I am sending the update to HP tonight, it may be a few days before the update is available.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast