Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey,
    i'm having a new issue with Checkbook:
    I start the app and it just sits at the "loading Checkbook" screen, wheel spinning. This is after a clean reboot. I've also tried a Luna reboot...

Thoughts?

I used it a couple days back. I think the only things i've installed since then are Tweaks, and one of the Advanced System patches.
    that is odd. I can't replicate.

could you install the app Lumberjack from Preware? Once done, set logging to debug and watch checkbook. Send me anything strange.

the only issue close that I am getting is sometimes the spinner doesn't close on the accounts screen. When this happens, not many buttons work. I know where this bug is occurring but not why (and no errors are being generated).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    that is odd. I can't replicate.

could you install the app Lumberjack from Preware? Once done, set logging to debug and watch checkbook. Send me anything strange.

the only issue close that I am getting is sometimes the spinner doesn't close on the accounts screen. When this happens, not many buttons work. I know where this bug is occurring but not why (and no errors are being generated).
    I'll give this a try tonight and update later.
    Thanks. I do not know why that would be happening if you are using the latest versions. The only possible cause I can think of right now is that your db is locked. Nothing I can do with my code will fix that though...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Here's the lumberjack logs.

[2011-04-15 00:02:28] (Checkbook) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getStageController' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.glitchtechscience.checkbook/scripts/util.jsjsjs:$180$
    [2011-04-15 00:02:34] (Checkbook) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-04-15 00:02:34] (Checkbook) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
    [2011-04-15 00:02:38] (Checkbook) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-04-15 00:02:38] (Checkbook) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
    [2011-04-15 00:03:28] (Checkbook) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getStageController' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.glitchtechscience.checkbook/scripts/util.jsjsjs:$180$

I believe the "uncaught type error" is the main one. The others may have been from me trying to get the app menu to load.

I wanted to see if i could get this working another way, so i uninstalled, then re-installed from the app-catalog. I launched the app and it worked fine. I then restored my .db with save/restore and the problem happened again.

Not sure if it's helpful, but i've attached the .db.
    It will be very helpful. I'll take a look after my quantum exam tomorrow morning. I've downloaded the file and removed your post to keep your data safe.
  6.    #6  
    It will be very helpful. I'll take a look after my quantum exam tomorrow morning. I've downloaded the file and removed your post to keep your data safe.
    Thanks very much.

Not sure if it's related, but the WOSI crew has been talking about a db permissions issue in 2.1 over on the Tweaks thread.
    thanks for that bit. It is for the other db type though. Still, i'm keeping an eye on it in case it is related
  8.    #8  
    I forgot to mention this in the last post, but there were two .db files in the checkbook folder. Do you want the second one as well?

And good luck on your exam!
    It would be useful, yes. Sometimes Save/Restore restores multiple db files. Checkbook only uses a specific one (don't know which because the name in randomized) and it might be that the other db file is the one that is bugging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    The one i sent is the file that was listed by Save/Restore. I'll send the other .db in a few minutes.

Update:
    I've attached the other .db file for your reference.
    Got it, removing post.
    I'm successfully replicating the issue. Hopefully I'll have a solution soon on what the cause is.
  12.    #12  
    Any luck on a fix for this? I'm missing my finance tracking...
    I think I have a fix coming up. There was actually a few bugs on top of each other causing the message you saw in the logger.
    think i've got this. I will be releasing an update as soon as I'm sure it does break anything.
  15.    #15  
    think i've got this. I will be releasing an update as soon as I'm sure it does break anything.
    I'd be willing to beta-test, if that is helpful for you.
    Well since I have your databases, it shouldn't be needed. I'm just ironing out quirks that exist from the previous update that I missed. I'll be dropping it to palm early this week.
  17.    #17  
    Any update on this?
    Fix didn't quite work properly. I'm sorry for the delay and getting it going but it is the final weeks of the semester and incredibly busy. Unfortunately I don't foresee have any spare time get it working until after finals but I will try and get something done. Ugh, it will be much easier to work on this stuff when I am not taking 18 credits of courses.
  19.    #19  
    Fix didn't quite work properly. I'm sorry for the delay and getting it going but it is the final weeks of the semester and incredibly busy. Unfortunately I don't foresee have any spare time get it working until after finals but I will try and get something done. Ugh, it will be much easier to work on this stuff when I am not taking 18 credits of courses.
    I understand, it isn't that long ago i was a student too.
    I'll give it a week or two and then start bugging you again.

Maybe in the meantime i'll just create new databases. i don't really care that much about keeping the old data, only my current balances.
  20.    #20  
    OK. Two weeks. Any update?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast