1.    #1  
    I have been using Personal Finance applications for a while.
    I started with Pocket Money for PalmOS, which I consider a reference app.
    Then, my company gave me a Windows Mobile device, and the Pocket Money version then available lacked much of the functionality you could find on the PalmOS, specially the repeating transactions.
    I started using Mastersoft Money for W Mobile. I did not enjoy it so much, but, more or less, I got the same functionality as with PM.

Now, I have moved again to another OS: WebOS, and I have just purchased CheckBook.

Yes, I know repeating transactions is on development. I just want to mention some nice features I would like to see assosciated with it:
    - To be able to post the transaction some definable days before the transaction date. For instance, if each month I got paid a salary on 25th, to be able to see the transaction 10 days before. This is quite useful for big charges that happen from time to time, in order to avoid bad surprises (e.g. a charge of $400 each 3 months on private medical insurance)
    - To be able to see a balance with all the cleared transactions, no matter its date. Now, you can see all cleared transactions up to date. However, specially with repeating transactions, you state a tentative date, but the real charge may vary, sometimes it comes earlier. I just want to mark the transaction as cleared, withoud having to change the date just to see if the cleared balance reconciles with my bank statement.

Another feature I would like to have is to see the destination or source account for transfers (where does this money go, or where does it come from?)

Thanks,

Cesar
    Last edited by cpenacoba; 02/16/2011 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpenacoba View Post
    Yes, I know repeating transactions is on development. I just want to mention some nice features I would like to see assosciated with it:
    - To be able to post the transaction some definable days before the transaction date. For instance, if each month I got paid a salary on 25th, to be able to see the transaction 10 days before. This is quite useful for big charges that happen from time to time, in order to avoid bad surprises (e.g. a charge of $400 each 3 months on private medical insurance)
    That is something I am making sure is built in. Right now the settings is something like 30 or 45 days. I'm working on making the system work properly and then I'll see how bad it will be to add a custom setting for that.

- To be able to see a balance with all the cleared transactions, no matter its date. Now, you can see all cleared transactions up to date. However, specially with repeating transactions, you state a tentative date, but the real charge may vary, sometimes it comes earlier. I just want to mark the transaction as cleared, withoud having to change the date just to see if the cleared balance reconciles with my bank statement.
    I have been thinking on this a while and I probably will change how Cleared Balance works to be more like this. I may also add another balance option, but I am feeling the app is getting too cluttered right now and am not happy (due to all the new features needing space to be used). I'm working on streamlining and cleaning up the format.

Another feature I would like to have is to see the destination or source account for transfers (where does this money go, or where does it come from?)
    I'll think about this some. I don't really want to add more text to each row, but maybe I can think of something that will work cleanly and will allow for easy use to find out the linkage with out opening the transaction.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your answers.

Do you have any tentative date for the repeating functionality to be available?
    I wish I did. I'm currently doing long duration testing on it because a few of the processes are memory intensive. I'm trying to make sure they don't cause problems or crash. Haven't gotten more than a week yet because of discovering new bugs and having to rewrite portions.

That in addition to an unpredictable course schedule makes estimates difficult. I'll keep working on it though and once it hits the beta version, it will only be a week or two before release.