webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  GlitchTech Science > [Checkbook][Bug] Running Balance issue
[Checkbook][Bug] Running Balance issue

Old 01/10/2011, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey Ryltar --

Not exactly this same issue, but my "running total' balance has gotten off in one of my cash accounts over the last few weeks. I can't do screen shots right now, but I'll do so if it might help at all. The total in the bar at the top says $135, but the balance in the last transaction says $155. The only 'new' thing I've done in that same time period is try swipe-to-delete a transaction... (which didn't exactly work.... the transaction initially reappeared).

Anyway, two additional piece(s) of info for you --

(A) exporting my account to Google Docs, deleting the account on the Pre, and reimporting yields the same exact issue. (running balance off, actual end balance correct).
(B) swiping up all the way to the top of my transaction list (older in historical sense) and back down (to current) fixes the issue in the running balance total.
(C) Downloading account into excel and calculating the running balance yields the correct total.

I know this isn't a perfect bug report, but I wanted to let you know what I was seeing. I've started a new cash account for now and I'll see if I can get this to occur over time in this one. I'll watch for it.
greenawayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2011, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. I'll check into that as well. The problem with the running balance is it is calculated at the time the transaction appears on the screen so sometimes it can mess up. I'm still working on a better way to do that while keeping the processing time low.

ryltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2011, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll check into that as well. The problem with the running balance is it is calculated at the time the transaction appears on the screen so sometimes it can mess up. I'm still working on a better way to do that while keeping the processing time low.
No problem. it's clear that at some point while scrolling up the list, the calculation is off -- I could see it when scrolling past it (there was a large negative balance in the cash account so it wasn't accounting for a deposit properly). At one point, I could actually "see" where the error occurs, so I opened up the transaction and re-saved it. That fixes it when scrolling back to the bottom, but the same error happens the next time I opened the account. Also, it's no longer clearly visible where the error occurs....

When I swapped phones recently, I added back the cash account, but not a corresponding savings account. If I had transfers, maybe those aren't being handled properly since the savings account is no longer on my Pre. (I'm only using Checkbook to manage my cash and work-travel-expense 'accounts')
greenawayj is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0