Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    This little guy just keeps on going...

I was at my Granmothers house overnight this weekend. I put all my stuff (keys, money, Treo) on top of the Fridge. So when I was leaving yesturday I couldn't find my phone.. So I called it using a land line and after trying about 3x it turned out it was in the FREZZER!! I think it had to have been in there at least 10 hours. It must have fallen in there some how from the top of the fridge.. I took it out and wiped it off as it thawed. I did a soft reset and it worked fine.

Ice cubes anyone??

JsJsJs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Thats nuts!!!
    WTF??? Try put it in the oven now

Al
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    It's nice to know that my treo will work in extreme cold for at least 10 hours.
    Great...now try putting it in the FREEZER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Great...now try putting it in the FREEZER.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks
    it was in the FREZZER!!
    Errrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats what happened
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Lol!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks
    ...I did a soft reset and it worked fine.
    cool
    Nice & Cold, now try the microwave.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Probably too late, but the best thing to do in this instance would be to pull the battery and leave it in a warm dry place for a couple of days. No telling how much water condensed inside when you pulled it out and could have seriously ruined the little guy.

Glad to hear it's working for you though. Unless the freezer was well below zero, they should work fine as long as you keep the moisture condensation down.

Steve
    you say freezer...i say frezzer...
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Any Treo users in Alaska? I am sure they must deal with using thier phones in the extreme cold.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    If there is a concern about residual condensation still being in the unit --- put it in a ziplock bag with 2 or 3 of those silica packets that come in electronic's shipping cartons (for overnight at least -- if not one or two days). This will draw out any internal moisture that may be left. . . .

Glad to hear your Treo survived!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey maybe that might be the solution we offer people that keep having to soft reset their treo. "Just put it in the Freezer overnight"
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If there is a concern about residual condensation still being in the unit --- put it in a ziplock bag with 2 or 3 of those silica packets
    Just remember not to eat those things!
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I'm glad I have insurance on my phone.....one of my 2 kids is bound to throw it in the fireplace, or just plain lose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Just remember not to eat those things!
    Owwww I laughed out loud on that one....... I could see a treo in a hot pocket thingie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    put it in a ziplock bag with 2 or 3 of those silica packets
    Cheers, Perry.
    with a little salt,, a little pepper,,,, some red wine,,
    If you seal it in a ziplock bag before you take it out of the freezer you won't get the condensation. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast