1.    #1  
    It seems that I am often missing a file I need. I was shocked to find out last month that when I deleted ZLauncher it took my dictionaries with it as associated files. Yesterday I deleted documents to go and today I realize Java is gone. I use Uninstall Manager to delete the programs I want to.

Can I just go in with a file manager and just make my needed files read only. Protect them in some way?
    FileZ lets you alter file attributes. Under View and Edit Files select the file in question, press the Details key, and then select the Attrs tab...

You'll have to experiment with a dummy file to build up your Read Only confidence...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    FileZ lets you alter file attributes. Under View and Edit Files select the file in question, press the Details key, and then select the Attrs tab...
    You'll have to experiment with a dummy file to build up your Read Only confidence...
    Thanks for the reply OTR. I also love OTR!
    Do I need confidence? Is making files "read only" problematic? Have you done this?

I have went in with MagaLauncher and Resco Explorer and deselected "read only" so I could delete a file but never thought until today, when java was gone, that it might be useful to protect my important files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks for the reply OTR. I also love OTR!
    Do I need confidence? Is making files "read only" problematic? Have you done this?

I have went in with MagaLauncher and Resco Explorer and deselected "read only" so I could delete a file but never thought until today, when java was gone, that it might be useful to protect my important files.
    My concern was that you had mentioned using a launcher to remove things and I wonder if it ignores the RO attribute... kinda' like WinXP does/can??

BTW, do you like the not so old OTR, CBS Radio Mystery Theatre?
  5.    #5  
    I'll check that out. I started listening when I began working nights with a Cariology Diagnostics group.

I discovered:
    Unshackled (Christian drama) Its just sooo funny.
    A Prarie home Companion (NPR)
    and OTR
    then about 4 months ago I found a bunch of great OTR brodcast stations along with book readings on treobits portals streamed with ptunes. Its great!