Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    As far as getting an upgrade to the Treo 650, I remain on the sidelines. I'm purchasing no more new software or software upgrades (except if they're free under my original contract purchase like Chatter) until I find out what is running the engine (the OS) in this Treo 700p.

Oh...that and once its available in the stores, visually compring the speed of Sprint's faster network with the (eventually older) Treo 650. I'm sure the multimedia functions of the Treo 700p will be great (like Mobi TV), but I don't have time for entertainment right now. For starters, I wanna see how great e-mail functionality gets with future versions of Chatter e-mail and see how this RIM/Blackberry service with Palm works out. That and any potential upgrades in multi-tasking capabilities and if any third-party software developers will be able to step up to the mike and deliver results, much like this "Shark Message" program I've been hearing about.
    I'm good. The specs on either of the new 700's just doesn't wow me enough to make the switch. Besides I think the aesthetics on the 650 look alot more nicer than the 700w/p. For some reason I don't like the two new bottums that replaced the home and menu buttons. Also, my cousin has a a motorola V635 with a 1.2 megapixel camera, and its only smidgets ahead of the treo's vga camera in quality. Ok edge and wifi capability is cool, but again its not worth the jump. Too me, memory, speed and storage is what would make me switch. I had a HTC smartphone with windows mobile, and let me tell you, I will never use another windows mobile phone again. Its is not straight foward and it is too cluttered. Many times I find my eyes wondering around the screen just trying to figure out where to go. Besides, microsoft windows mobile is not very customizable. I like the fact that I can customize my palm into many different type of looks and feel. Furthermore, the price that verizon is quoting for their data plans is straight out rediculous.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    I'm good. The specs on either of the new 700's just doesn't wow me enough to make the switch......
    Did I miss a 700 other than the 700WM? Is there any more to the idea of a 700p than Perry's fantasy?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Did I miss a 700 other than the 700WM? Is there any more to the idea of a 700p than Perry's fantasy?
    Who really knows?

I know it is a useless exercise to debate what features a phone that may never exist should have, but I just can't seem to help myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    Who really knows?

I know it is a useless exercise to debate what features a phone that may never exist should have, but I just can't seem to help myself.
    Not to my point. The post that I quoted talked about the "the specs of either of the new 700s." The implication is that there are more than one 700. Since I have only heard of one 700, I am trying to find out if I missed something.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345